Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Under the Flight Path - Dennis Family Homes (Hawkesdale)

Page 14 of 14
Sounds great RT.

Good luck finding a new plan Lenz.

Must say I'm VERY impressed with how clean DFH have left the house.

RT Flying along now! Exciting!

The plan we had is simply too long and it should not have been an option from the start. Its about 2.5m too long in order to meet current council requirements. Why it went as far as it did, is anyone's guess. I had asked earlier but we were assured it was ok as the footprint was less than 50% of the site and we still had loads of space around us. Modifying the plan is not an option. So, it is back to the drawing board. We were however assured that we will not have to be stuck in admin as long this time as they have all the measurements etc now. It had better not be!
rondy
Sounds great RT.

Good luck finding a new plan Lenz.

Must say I'm VERY impressed with how clean DFH have left the house.

Oh that's good. I know with some of the other builders, it hasn't been the case so hope they have excellent cleaners

Lenz88
RT Flying along now! Exciting!

The plan we had is simply too long and it should not have been an option from the start. Its about 2.5m too long in order to meet current council requirements. Why it went as far as it did, is anyone's guess. I had asked earlier but we were assured it was ok as the footprint was less than 50% of the site and we still had loads of space around us. Modifying the plan is not an option. So, it is back to the drawing board. We were however assured that we will not have to be stuck in admin as long this time as they have all the measurements etc now. It had better not be!

I thought if it was only slightly they could modify it slightly but 2.5m is a fair difference. Good luck with finding a new plan. They should throw in some freebies for wasting your time.

Rondy, how did the driveway go? Would you recommend them? Hard to find a good and reliable concreter

Really happy with the driveway. I can't pass on the details. Try 0neflare. We found an electrician that way.

Here's a pic (taken at a a funny angle)

rondy
Really happy with the driveway. I can't pass on the details. Try 0neflare. We found an electrician that way.

No worries. We've contacted a few and only 1 has come out but still waiting on an actual quote. What colour did you choose?

rtforresters
rondy

No worries. We've contacted a few and only 1 has come out but still waiting on an actual quote. What colour did you choose?

Colour is charcoal. Apparently we have to pressure wash & seal it now.

rondy
rtforresters
rondy

Colour is charcoal. Apparently we have to pressure wash & seal it now.

Love the colour. Yes, you have to seal the concrete otherwise over time it loses its colour

Rondy - I love your house!!
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum