Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ventura

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone built with ventura homes? Experiences?

I'm building with Aussie Living which is part of the Ventura group, only at brick stage, but so far so good
jasonlana21

We are at contact stage. Not happy with a number of things. Salesperson not happy with our questions. We are seriously considering walking away.

bluegill
jasonlana21

We are at contact stage. Not happy with a number of things. Salesperson not happy with our questions. We are seriously considering walking away.

Oh no!! The guy i spoke to on the phone didnt seem interested in answering my question one bit but i really love the home design and its a good price

We had much the same experience. Sales guy was OK and we really liked their design but they wanted us to commit prior to clarifying a number of what were for us critical points. We walked away and went to DAH. Unfortunately I don't think that did us any favours.
I had friends build with aussie living their more budge sister company and they hated their build process. Wouldn't build with venture home group again.

Our first house was with Ventura, back then we were pretty dumb, salesperson was nice enough but rushed, first supervisor was great, second was a young kid who was bloody terrible. Had great brickies. Overall the house came up nice but not without its issues along the way, a lot of which could of been avoided.

Anyhow as you can tell from my signature now building with new generation (part of summit) and already a better experience.
Thanks for your feedback everyone! Have looked at so many home designs and am now a bit overwhelmed lol

bluegill
jasonlana21

We have now officially walked away. Lost our 3000 deposit but been smoke & mirrors till now. Terrible salesperson. We have learned a lot!

I am currently building with Ventura, process has been good so far, finished pre start and have received all variations.

Have been given the final drafted plans and we wanted to make a few changes so they are processing that now.

We are building a modified version of The Palms. I have not gone into building/construction phase so I can't comment on that yet.

Not sure if referrals are allowed in the forums but if you need a good sales consultant, the person we used was great. He used to be from another builder (we got his contact while he was working at his last place before moving to Ventura) and when we called he had moved to Ventura. We decided to stick with a sales consultant that we trust rather than the actual building company, I believe all building companies do good and bad builds, just depends on who you are in contact with, i.e Sales Consultant, Prestart Consultant, Site Supervisor etc.

Feel free to drop me a pm.

Thanks
Our custom design with Ventura couldn't have gone smoother to to this point.

As above, we have finished prestart and making the final couple of changes but could not fault the process so far.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum