Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 5 of 277
Hmm, for NSW the Glendale is part of the metro range which is far inferior to the designer range. Judging from the prices, the costs are very similar but we are getting a lower range of inclusions

For us the difference in price between the metro range and designer range for the equivalent size house is around $40-50k!

build thread - viewtopic.php?t=78328
When we signed our tender the base price for the Kingston facade was $310,000
@Glendale38, that sounds right as we got quoted $320k for the Glendale Kingston facade (which includes a $8k price increase at beginning of 2015)

We don't have the metro range at all, its either designer or home solutions. Ours is designer and to be honest I found the standard inclusion a bit average. The price I gave is the base price with the traditional facade so easily add another 12k on top of the $339,720 for the luxury. Yikes! Love the cantilevered staircase, shambini has one and it looks amazing.

Orpheus
@ Phoenix, yes the staircase names are interchangeable (depends which builder you talk too). Here is a photo our staircase with glass back panel ilo of plaster wall)

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20150402-WA0009.jpg

That's the staircase we also wanted but was told by our sales person that it was $25K, so we opted for the semi cantilevered which is costing us nearly $16K but if you've been quoted $16K then we might aswell change ours. Hmmm very confusing!
Phoenix, please see tender option for staircase

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-22-15-48-26.png

I'm with tribe - I found the Designer inclusions to be average so I think going with a Metro design with the lower base price is a much better deal. Our base price for the Hudson (Apr-14) was $358,800 for traditional facade. I don't really see $50-60k more value than what you get with a Metro. To be honest I think it's a rort!

Yeah we found the designer upgrades (bricks, roof tiles, a few additional promo items, carpets & floor tiles and a few other items) didn't justify the additional $50k cost.

Agreed. Metro works out better. Esp as the upgrade $ eg to fittings such as taps, basins, toilets, tub, kitchen appliances is the same/similar whether metro or designer.... so worked out better for us.

I agree completely. For us it came down to the house design. The Hudson ticked most of the boxes so even though we would have got more bang for our buck to build another design, we had to go with our heart. I think M need to look at their pricing and standard inclusions if they want to stay competitive. I can't believe CS benchtops are not standard! For a so called high end spec builder, it's not good enough.

Speaking of CS benchtops... i was also told that if you upgrade to 40mm... they dont upgrade the whole bench to 40mm... its really only areas near the edges which are 40mm... the thickness in the middle is not 40mm, apparently the kitchen cupboards can not hold a weight of 40mm all the way, but u are still charged for the full amount just like the tiles ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
Wow M's explanation really doesn't make sense as they can always reinforce the cupboards to support the weight ( that's why they have structural engineers to design!)

Im with everyone, i think the metro series has better value but of course if you fall in love with a designer house and you have the budget then go for it
!

Thanks for that Orpheus. Much appreciated!!
Your welcome Phoenix, M should make it consistent and charge us the same amount for the same item.

I'm with everyone, I wasn't happy with M as most other builders have better standard inclusions such as CS benchtop to kitchens, ducted A/C, driveways, and other basic stuff. We found Mojo Homes and Rawson homes had better inclusions. However, for those who chose M, it's because they have fresh designs (open layout and quality finishes) which we value more over other builders which have designs which doesn't suit our needs.

M certainly has great floor plans thats why as soon as we saw the M display homes at kellyville we instantly fell in love with their layouts and no other builders could compete!
Yup we loved M's design too. The only other builder which came close to a similar design was Rawson Homes

Orpheus
Yup we loved M's design too. The only other builder which came close to a similar design was Rawson Homes

We were the same as you @orpheus
We were tossing in between glendale and the Seaview from Rawson bit we decided on the glendale 38 as it was value for money.
glendale38
Orpheus

We were the same as you @orpheus
We were tossing in between glendale and the Seaview from Rawson bit we decided on the glendale 38 as it was value for money.

Hmm, funny I thought Rawson was more value for money
. We were looking at the Chifley 42sq with the Majestic facade and price was $340k. So rawson home was similar price but bigger size and had more inclusions!

Hi folks,

We have received the quote for our lovely WIR in the master bedroom. We have relocated the WC in the room before so now it is completely open space. We have chosen to you robe company called Poliform (Alexandria) who build European style wardrobes. Our plan for the WIR is:

1. Add an L-shape robe unit - height of robe close to ceiling height as possible.
2. Add dressing table on right elevation
3. Two slim tall awning windows either side of the dress table
4. Tall mirror on wall near entrance

Design as follows:
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/Mobile%20Uploads/WIR.jpg

Some photos of the display robe
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/Mobile%20Uploads/wir1.jpeg

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/Liem_Nguyen/Mobile%20Uploads/wir.jpeg

Any thoughts or suggestion welcome!

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All ๐Ÿ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We donโ€™t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum