Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 277 of 277
our tile grouts are discoloured and dirty through out the house. we have chosen super white polished porocelain tiles and jasmine Grout. Metricon is willing to regrout the tiles. I am worried about the dust since we already moved in. I am thinking of trying professional cleaning before re grout. Has any one done the re grout or cleaning?
Kandi
our tile grouts are discoloured and dirty through out the house. we have chosen super white polished porocelain tiles and jasmine Grout. Metricon is willing to regrout the tiles. I am worried about the dust since we already moved in. I am thinking of trying professional cleaning before re grout. Has any one done the re grout or cleaning?
We had the same issue. They can't regrout it unless they removed the exciting grout.

For our one they get a eproxy and applied it on the existing grout to give us the colour that we requested for.

Renman
Kandi

We had the same issue. They can't regrout it unless they removed the exciting grout.

For our one they get a eproxy and applied it on the existing grout to give us the colour that we requested for.

Thanks Ren, They told us they going to do a professional clean first the go from there.
if cleaning fails we could probably ask for eproxy on the top. does that looks good? are you happy with the results
Kandi
Renman
Kandi

Thanks Ren, They told us they going to do a professional clean first the go from there.
if cleaning fails we could probably ask for eproxy on the top. does that looks good? are you happy with the results

We had the same issue with grout. In the bathrooms we had dark grout and a build up of poster dust couldn’t be removed. We had epoxy colour put over the top. I was told it was fine in wet areas and it’s already peeling in the shower, which the builder has told
me is normal. I’m going to contact the company who did it to check this. Seems
stupid they’d do this if peeling was anticipated.

MrsJM
Kandi
Renman
[quote="Kandi"]our tile grouts are discoloured and dirty through out the house. we have chosen super white polished porocelain tiles and jasmine Grout. Metricon is willing to regrout the tiles. I am worried about the dust since we already moved in. I am thinking of trying professional cleaning before re grout. Has any one done the re grout or cleaning?

We had the same issue with grout. In the bathrooms we had dark grout and a build up of poster dust couldn’t be removed. We had epoxy colour put over the top. I was told it was fine in wet areas and it’s already peeling in the shower, which the builder has told

[/quote]So far it has good. The shower had peeled off yet.

How long as it been since they did it for you time the shower?

Ours said it will be Ok for 10 years but I doubt it will last that long.

Renman
MrsJM
Kandi
[quote="Renman"][quote="Kandi"]our tile grouts are discoloured and dirty through out the house. we have chosen super white polished porocelain tiles and jasmine Grout. Metricon is willing to regrout the tiles. I am worried about the dust since we already moved in. I am thinking of trying professional cleaning before re grout. Has any one done the re grout or cleaning?

[/quote]So far it has good. The shower had peeled off yet.

How long as it been since they did it for you time the shower?

Ours said it will be Ok for 10 years but I doubt it will last that long.

[/quote]

I think it’s coming up to about 18 months. Coral’s stupid building ‘expert’ from KSpec who has zero product knowledge, told me it’s normal to peel in a wet area. I was told it wouldn’t. So who knows.

MrsJM
Kandi
Renman
[quote="Kandi"]our tile grouts are discoloured and dirty through out the house. we have chosen super white polished porocelain tiles and jasmine Grout. Metricon is willing to regrout the tiles. I am worried about the dust since we already moved in. I am thinking of trying professional cleaning before re grout. Has any one done the re grout or cleaning?

[/quote]Epoxy doesn't peel if it's prepared and applied correctly...

Ours hasn't peeled off so far.

Orpheus
What do you folks think of this design for my next custom design home? This design has so many windows and voids which I love.... let me go ask about the starting price and do a walk through of the display home in Kellyville.

Elanora by Elandra Homes.

https://youtu.be/LcafKpOqKAE

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645

A nice design with its exterior color scheme. I would like to know the color of the external wall? Does anyone the similar color of taubmann or dulux?
Congratulations Orpheus on the sale of your stunning home!

I was browsing through Instagram when i saw something that looked very familiar to me, it was a post from a real estate profile and they had put up a photo of your home and i instantly recognised the steps before i even looked at the facade lol.

What an amazing result!
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum