Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 276 of 277
Congratulations Orpheus!
Orpheus
MrsJM
Hey orph! Any updates or new photos for us??

Hi JM! Nothing new I’m afraid. We put a halt on decorating the house as we are spending money on a new little one
coming next month

There’s 2 new sofas coming next month too for our sitting room.

Oh Orph, that’s fantastic news congratulations to you both!
Welcome to parenthood (also known as no sleep land!) hahahaha
Wishing you all the best!

Thanks all! I’m ready for the sleepless nights and nappy changing at all hours of the day 🤫

Orpheus
Thanks all! I’m ready for the sleepless nights and nappy changing at all hours of the day 🤫

New house new baby. Your doing well

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Congrats Orph!! As a parent of twins, all I can recommend is establish a good routine with your bub, and you'll be sweet!!

Drew01
Congrats Orph!! As a parent of twins, all I can recommend is establish a good routine with your bub, and you'll be sweet!!

Awe I love twins and wish it were twins but not to be ......☹️

Orpheus
Drew01

Haha I had twins. They were my 4th and 5th girls. I had 5 under 6 at 24

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Congrats Orph! Terrific news
Doulton777
Orpheus
Drew01

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Wow you have been busy too! Such a joy to have so many kids!

So if I want twins do I keep trying until I get a pair? Will my odds improve? 🤨

Orpheus
Doulton777
Orpheus
[quote="Drew01"]Congrats Orph!! As a parent of twins, all I can recommend is establish a good routine with your bub, and you'll be sweet!!

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Wow you have been busy too! Such a joy to have so many kids!

So if I want twins do I keep trying until I get a pair? Will my odds improve? 🤨

[/quote]

Lol Well mine are identical. Which can happened to anyone. But fraternal non look alike need to run in the family on the mothers side.

I had 11 kids in total. After getting pg after my 7th I got pg with another set of twins. Which is more rarer. Except the pregnancy ended in a loss.

So if you have twins in your wife’s family and they are fraternal. Then she has a higher chance of conceiving them. I think it’s like 1-40.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi Orph

I was browsing your thread and i noticed you were considering the f&p french door fridge.

Did you end up buying it? How would you rate their fridges as I’m considering buying it for our place - https://www.binglee.com.au/fisher-payke ... oor-fridge

It’s the only model that seems to fits my space :/

Lemans
Hi Orph

I was browsing your thread and i noticed you were considering the f&p french door fridge.

Did you end up buying it? How would you rate their fridges as I’m considering buying it for our place - https://www.binglee.com.au/fisher-payke ... oor-fridge

Hi Lemans,

The F&P fridge and especially the integrated version was our plan but we ran out of cash so still saving it for future (🧐).

The one you identified is a very nice fridge and high quality materials and design. I love it.
Just make sure you read the manual on clearances for the sides (doors) and above fridge to ensure it fits and you achieve the look you want (ie minimal gap).

The RS90 edition (pictured) is the integrated fridge with a max gap of 2mm on the sides!

Orpheus
Lemans
Hi Orph

Hi Lemans,

The F&P fridge and especially the integrated version was our plan but we ran out of cash so still saving it for future (🧐).

The one you identified is a very nice fridge and high quality materials and design. I love it.
Just make sure you read the manual on clearances for the sides (doors) and above fridge to ensure it fits and you achieve the look you want (ie minimal gap).

The RS90 edition (pictured) is the integrated fridge with a max gap of 2mm on the sides!

We got the P&F French door but not the integrated one. Didn't want to take the chance with M not getting the dimensions correct.

Hi All,

Finally after 12months since moving into our home the sofas in the sitting room have arrived and looking pretty. If you remember we initially purchased the Chesterfield sofas which looked a bit out-dated. Instead we opted for a modern look called Mondello from Brosa.

Now we need some lamps, big painting behind the sofa, coffee table and fireplace (maybe in another 2 yrs I would say)

They look lovely!!
Orpheus
Lemans
Hi Orph

Hi Lemans,

Hi Oprh

Thanks for replying!

I took my husband to have a look and he didn’t like the f&p one at all! There is not enough freezer space and also didn’t like how you had to open both doors to access the bottom fridge drawers.

Instead we will be going with the LG fridge with 100mm sticking out. That is the depth of the doors 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think we have enough width, this fridge is 912 and our space is 1050 🤞

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/lg-708l- ... -gf-l708pl

Hi Orpheus,

Just had a look through your thread and what beautiful house you have. We will require similar landscaping to yours, would you be able to provide contact details. Also, we will doing wardrobes after hand over, could you provide contact details for who you used please.
The lounges are stunning. I can tell that’s gonna he one special room when you have your way with it! It’s already looking special!

All in good time. I still don’t have a clothes line ! How embarrassing! I don’t want to commit to putting it somewhere before we have a landscaping plan

Metriconbuild
Hi Orpheus,

Just had a look through your thread and what beautiful house you have. We will require similar landscaping to yours, would you be able to provide contact details. Also, we will doing wardrobes after hand over, could you provide contact details for who you used please.

Thanks. Let me send you a PM

MrsJM
The lounges are stunning. I can tell that’s gonna he one special room when you have your way with it! It’s already looking special!

All in good time. I still don’t have a clothes line ! How embarrassing! I don’t want to commit to putting it somewhere before we have a landscaping plan

Thanks JM. I second that, we have a clothes line but it’s not installed

Your internal house is fantastic, why do you need to go outside?

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum