Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 232 of 277
Think you should try to match it. Shouldn't introduce an different colour that doesn't flow across the facade of the house.

Renman
Think you should try to match it. Shouldn't introduce an different colour that doesn't flow across the facade of the house.

I concur. Might ask our SM to change it for us otherwise it's a DIY.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Often a cash job and see if they can do it.

Yeah I would match the garage.

Mhm.. the render does seem bright, but I think a few weeks in the weather will dull it a bit.. and once you have garden and such in, I think it will look fine.
We have the exact same issue- garage door is surf mist but pillars will be Lexicon half. In your circumstance I really like the Lexicon half against the colour of your bricks - it goes well whereas the surfmist doesn't stand out as much.

Tough decision. I'm going to run with the Lexicon half on ours and hope for the best with the Surfmist!

Garage door should be installed this week so I should know what it will look like soon...

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Orpheus
Status of build:

1. PCI confirmed for Wednesday morning so there's a big rush to get all the outstanding items completed.
2. Front pillar render has been painted in Lexicon half but maybe we should of chosen surfmist to match the garage door and pergola? Might need repainting after handover

3. Front pergola is half installed so have to wait for painters to finish the job.
4. Remaining door locks installed and final room of carpet completed.

Thoughts about paint colour for garage door and render?

@Orph

Yes
Match the garage door n render colors, would look more harmonious

M and T
We have the exact same issue- garage door is surf mist but pillars will be Lexicon half. In your circumstance I really like the Lexicon half against the colour of your bricks - it goes well whereas the surfmist doesn't stand out as much.

Tough decision. I'm going to run with the Lexicon half on ours and hope for the best with the Surfmist!

Garage door should be installed this week so I should know what it will look like soon...

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Yeah, agree the lexicon half goes well with the bricks. I don't think the colorbond garage door comes on Lexicon half hence we chose surfmist... Looks like we have to paint surfmist on the pillar to match.

@Orph

Wednesday!!!! Woohoo Orph

Love that pillar colour against your bricks. Is your pergola going to be lexicon half? Then it should balance it out

Hmm I would agree to change the pillar to match the garage but what about the timber feature on the other side of the portico? What colour is that? It might stand out and look odd if different to both the pillar and garage. Just my two cents! House does and I'm sure look great regardless

Thanks folks, the pergola is surfmist as well. Can't remember why we chose the pillar to be different to the garage door and pergola...

@Orph

Match the pillar to the garage door. Just my humble opinion. ?
Haha I thought it was matched to the garage door already! Must have just been the render. I would go with the surf mist - so many houses these days have way too much going on - keep it simple

jsmi
Haha I thought it was matched to the garage door already! Must have just been the render. I would go with the surf mist - so many houses these days have way too much going on - keep it simple

Jsmi, oh the previous colour (similar to garage door) which you observed was the colour of the cement render which is unpainted.

@Orph

Surfmist primer?

Oh I love your wardrobes beautiful
. Also what facade is that? It looks similar to the Wembley?

Thanks.

The facade is called "Isla".

@Orph

I think it looks fine as is but matching might look a little better!?

I think it looks fine as is but matching might look a little better!?

Orpheus
Thanks.

The facade is called "Isla".

@Orph

I thought it was that one. It's very similar. It's great cos it gives me an idea how mine will look. Your house is coming along nicely looks great

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum