As for the tiles... we found that DL had great range to choose from but the carpet we only went for standard cos we plan to replace it with floorboards in a few years time.
The lighting products are very limited through M, im not sure if they will allow u to choose something not within their range but its worth asking. If you plan to have a pendant light at the stairs make sure the electrical consultant position the light correctly!
We realised after post handover that we had to taps connected, one at the back and one at the front but both uses the rain water tank, we should have added another tap using normal water.
We have had the plantation shutters installed a week ago and it looks magnificent for the price we paid! If anyone would like the contact please let me know.
Nice one Glendale38 and great tips!
1. We were debating on the downlights too and decided it's best to get the higher brightness LED (13 or 15 watts) and with the dimmer option so we can control the light intensity. This is mainly required in the high use and entertainment areas such as living/dining/kitchen. Other areas can be 11W.
2. Wow we would of loved to buy back your stockpile of LED lights if we decide to use external sparky for lights.
3. For the rain water tanks I think u can switch it off (water pump I think) so u can bypass the rain water and use direct water? This is what most people do since the filtered water from the rain water is yellow in colour and causes staining for toilets and washing machines. Stupid government regulations make us pay 30k for a big *** water tank which most people turn off anyways.
4. Shoot we forgot about lights above the stair void, we only have 3 step lights on the stairs for now. Any recommendations if we should use downlights or pendant lights for the mini stairs void?
5. Yeah if you can PM me the shutter company and the costs please??
6. Do you also mind sharing us yr electrical plans please
7. My other prettier half (Icey) has given you a nickname "G38", Hope you don't mind?
8. Just another thought, if you will be having an open house day for house to showcase your fabulous home??
Apologies for the delay been really busy!
Here are a snap shot of our electrical plans... sorry i dont have the actual soft copy... but hope this helps!
Excellent thanks G38!