Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Bayside : Our Glendale 45

Page 19 of 32
Rectification started this week, the plumber has moved some of the external piping that wasn't to code (I had to cite which part before he was made to do it), and it appears that the painter has been back to make a start on the touch-ups.

Not much to see though...

Drew01
Renman
Drew01
PCI is done and dusted. Most of the issues were paint related, however most of our windows need looking at sure to not being correctly made, and there being gaps - and subsequently the windows won't be waterproof... A bit disappointing given the windows were all serviced last week - and half of them didn't operate correctly today

Should have keys in 2 weeks or so

Congrats mate. What a quick build it has been.

Yeah, we're quite impressed with how it's gone, and minimal issues really

Congrats on your PCI done with minimal issues. Now hope your handover goes smoothly. How does the final payment work. Does your bank do a final valuation and do u pay by cheque?
For us we have been told by the broker that our bank will do a final valuation.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
Drew01
Renman
[quote="Drew01"]PCI is done and dusted. Most of the issues were paint related, however most of our windows need looking at sure to not being correctly made, and there being gaps - and subsequently the windows won't be waterproof... A bit disappointing given the windows were all serviced last week - and half of them didn't operate correctly today

Congrats on your PCI done with minimal issues. Now hope your handover goes smoothly. How does the final payment work. Does your bank do a final valuation and do u pay by cheque?
For us we have been told by the broker that our bank will do a final valuation. [/quote]

We're essentially paying cash, as we've already borrowed against the build, and will refinance as soon as we have the Certificate of Occupancy - the new bank is already ready to go.

They want a bank cheque for final payment, but we're going to push for a bank transfer. Westpac do real time transfer to CBA now, so no big deal, and saves me having to go to the bank

Drew01
excited_builders
Drew01
[quote="Renman"][quote="Drew01"]PCI is done and dusted. Most of the issues were paint related, however most of our windows need looking at sure to not being correctly made, and there being gaps - and subsequently the windows won't be waterproof... A bit disappointing given the windows were all serviced last week - and half of them didn't operate correctly today

For us we have been told by the broker that our bank will do a final valuation. [/quote]

We're essentially paying cash, as we've already borrowed against the build, and will refinance as soon as we have the Certificate of Occupancy - the new bank is already ready to go.

They want a bank cheque for final payment, but we're going to push for a bank transfer. Westpac do real time transfer to CBA now, so no big deal, and saves me having to go to the bank

[/quote]Ok thanks Drew. Not sure what we will do. I thought cheque was better as u can hand it in only when everything is completed.

I guess it depends on your transfer limits... I can transfer significantly more than our final payment at the moment, figure it gives us a bit more leverage... Plus I don't see why I should have to pay for a bank cheque - this is the 21st century!

On other news, looks like I'm going to be having back surgery a few weeks after we settle... How awesome...

Drew01
I guess it depends on your transfer limits... I can transfer significantly more than our final payment at the moment, figure it gives us a bit more leverage... Plus I don't see why I should have to pay for a bank cheque - this is the 21st century!

On other news, looks like I'm going to be having back surgery a few weeks after we settle... How awesome...

That's true Drew...anyway for us the bank needs to pay M. So if its through bank trf we may have delays as the bank will do a final inspection and valuation before it releases payment .
Hope your surgery goes well. Good luck!

Spent the morning picking up some of the things we had in our old neighbours garage - fish tank, my mountain bike, compost bins.

Then in the afternoon, put some frost film on the outside of our downstairs windows that overlook the neighbours garden so we can get our C of O on Monday. Discovered that the house was unlocked, and inspected the fixups post PCI. Some of the painting is appalling, and the kitchen bench join is completely unacceptable the way the stone guys have repaired the join.

A few items to be fixed before final payment I think

Hopefully you’ll be in soon. It’s been such a long road for you. I drove past last last week, looks great from the outside! You’ll be busy once you’ve got your keys
Saint Girl
Hopefully you’ll be in soon. It’s been such a long road for you. I drove past last last week, looks great from the outside! You’ll be busy once you’ve got your keys
Yeah, we've got a lot to do, that's for sure...

Have spent 2 days clearing our back yard... Forgot to take a before photo, but here's how it looks now.

Lots of capeweed and milk thistles... Got a big cage trailer full of rubble, branches, weeds, etc to take to the tip tomorrow. Reckon we can use the bins to get the rest done now...

Tomorrow is moving 2500-3000 odd bricks about 3 metres, as we originally stacked them right in the middle of where we want our garage to be...

Made a good fist of it today, but want the slate clear when we finally get OP and handover. We've escalated the mixed communication from our BSC to the regional manager, as we feel we've been done over and need to rebook 4-5 trades and our removalists as a result

Are you getting stuffed around with handover too?

blackcat20

At this stage the occupancy permit... Got an email to say if we signed a letter saying we'd fence within 30 days of handover, that we'd get the permit. Then we get told we need to put film on the windows - I did it the next day... Now we get told if we want the OP with film, the drawings need to go back to drafting and through council...

And our BSC never answers her phone, nor returns a phone call, but she can reply to an email when she'd be answering the phone... It's terrible customer service

They really do fall over at the end.... Shouldn't things like privacy film have been required at the start rather than added at the end?

We're at six weeks since PCI and still don't have handover locked in despite the fact everything is done. If it's not this week im going to explode.

Drew01
blackcat20

At this stage the occupancy permit... Got an email to say if we signed a letter saying we'd fence within 30 days of handover, that we'd get the permit. Then we get told we need to put film on the windows - I did it the next day... Now we get told if we want the OP with film, the drawings need to go back to drafting and through council...

And our BSC never answers her phone, nor returns a phone call, but she can reply to an email when she'd be answering the phone... It's terrible customer service

Sounds like their aim is to torture you until they finally give you the keys! Our CO and handover were very rushed...reflecting back now there are lots of things we should have done before we grabbed the keys and moved in but you live and learn. Hope you have no trouble rescheduling your trades...they all seem to be so busy and booked ahead for weeks or months.
On another note, when you finally move in, let me know if you need any local tips...sporting clubs for your kids, best coffee, gym, doctors etc
Saint Girl
Drew01
blackcat20

Sounds like their aim is to torture you until they finally give you the keys! Our CO and handover were very rushed...reflecting back now there are lots of things we should have done before we grabbed the keys and moved in but you live and learn. Hope you have no trouble rescheduling your trades...they all seem to be so busy and booked ahead for weeks or months.
On another note, when you finally move in, let me know if you need any local tips...sporting clubs for your kids, best coffee, gym, doctors etc
You're a Saint!!!

If you see our cars in the driveway, feel free to drop in and say hello... Our kids love dogs, and would think Frazer is great...

Already joined Mordy nippers, and found some decent coffee (not in our street)

Drew01
blackcat20

Oh no that is just terrible. Even in our build after customer presentation, nothing has happened. We have not heard back from our Sm.

excited_builders
Drew01
blackcat20

Oh no that is just terrible. Even in our build after customer presentation, nothing has happened. We have not heard back from our Sm.

How is it going Drew...did you hear back ? Hope it all works out.

I spent today labouring with the fencer, clearing the line and digging post holes. With any luck handover on Friday, and we've had it confirmed the locks will be broken on Friday so the builders keys will no longer work

Drew01
I spent today labouring with the fencer, clearing the line and digging post holes. With any luck handover on Friday, and we've had it confirmed the locks will be broken on Friday so the builders keys will no longer work

Fingers crossed for you!
blackcat20
Drew01

Fingers crossed for you!
Amen to that... Got 4 tonne of tiles being delivered on Friday afternoon, and getting a bank cheque today.

And I've got the removalists booked for the 23rd, so I need to get the tiler in

Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum