Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Bayside : Our Glendale 45

Page 12 of 32
Drew01
Renman
Your build is coming along nicely.

Yeah, they're really moving along at a good pace.

Got our lockup invoice on Friday, so in theory, we're 10 or so weeks away from PCI now.

Stairs are due this week, as it's cabinetry, so it'll start looking like a real house inside as well!!

What does lock up include....? Do tiles have to be done? As so far we have got all internal doors except the sliding doors, bricks are being completed and plaster board finishes are being completed. We are getting stairs this Friday. What else needs to be complete before they issue a lock up invoice?

excited_builders
Drew01
Renman
Your build is coming along nicely.

Got our lockup invoice on Friday, so in theory, we're 10 or so weeks away from PCI now.

Stairs are due this week, as it's cabinetry, so it'll start looking like a real house inside as well!!

What does lock up include....? Do tiles have to be done? As so far we have got all internal doors except the sliding doors, bricks are being completed and plaster board finishes are being completed. We are getting stairs this Friday. What else needs to be complete before they issue a lock up invoice?

Floor tiles I mean

excited_builders
excited_builders
Drew01
[quote="Renman"]Your build is coming along nicely.

Floor tiles I mean

[/quote]Contract definition for lock up is external cladding finished, and doors installed, even if builders doors.

Our cladding wasn't finished, but the Gyprock was hung, taped and stopped, so on percentage completion, or invoice was reasonably issued...

Drew01
excited_builders
excited_builders
[quote="Drew01"][quote="Renman"]Your build is coming along nicely.

Floor tiles I mean

[/quote]Contract definition for lock up is external cladding finished, and doors installed, even if builders doors.

Our cladding wasn't finished, but the Gyprock was hung, taped and stopped, so on percentage completion, or invoice was reasonably issued...

[/quote]Ok thanks Drew....we may be heading soon to lock up then....

shokel1975
Hi Drew, have you given any thought to putting a blind on the window in the ensuite shower (assuming you have a window in the shower)? Or are you putting cavity sliders on the ensuite? We are not closing off the ensuite, so are concerned with light that will come into the bedroom at night/early morning from the shower window. Thinking about a blockout blind, but not sure if water/steam will affect or damage it....

We didn't bother - we've both seem each other naked before, and the window in the shower is privacy glass, due to res code...

We figured if someone needs an early or late shower, we have the shower in the powder room is it's me showing, or if it's my wife, I can sleep through a thunderstorm, so I won't be fussed!!

Drew01
shokel1975
Hi Drew, have you given any thought to putting a blind on the window in the ensuite shower (assuming you have a window in the shower)? Or are you putting cavity sliders on the ensuite? We are not closing off the ensuite, so are concerned with light that will come into the bedroom at night/early morning from the shower window. Thinking about a blockout blind, but not sure if water/steam will affect or damage it....

We didn't bother - we've both seem each other naked before, and the window in the shower is privacy glass, due to res code...

We figured if someone needs an early or late shower, we have the shower in the powder room is it's me showing, or if it's my wife, I can sleep through a thunderstorm, so I won't be fussed!!

Haha! I’m more concerned about bright light coming through in morning when trying to sleep.
Got a price for my new shed yesterday.

8mx6m with pitched roof, on 125mm slab, side security door, window, single 5.5m motorised roller door...

About $16k all up - all Aussie steel and Colorbond - seemed like a fair price to us?

Going to have it lined with sarking so I can insulate and line it when we have a bit more cash. It'll be close enough to the house our alarm will work out there as well

shokel1975
Drew01
shokel1975

Haha! I’m more concerned about bright light coming through in morning when trying to sleep.
Ha ha Drew ...u r funny!
Just wanted to check as u r nearly the same stage as me ...did you check the electricals n plumbing taps n gas n nbn etc.?

excited_builders
Ha ha Drew ...u r funny!
Just wanted to check as u r nearly the same stage as me ...did you check the electricals n plumbing taps n gas n nbn etc.?

I do my best! As I say to my wife and kids "I do the funny stuff around here..." Life's too short not to get in a few good laughs a day!!!

I checked our rough in pretty thoroughly, and took a lot of photos of where cables run for future reference.

I did miss that the heating guys don't look to have run the wires for the heat/cool zone sensors, which I'm hoping aren't going to be a big deal to sort out - emailed our awesome SM about it last night, but haven't heard back yet.

We didn't pay for the NBN pack, as I wanted the minimum number of data outlets possible, given I'm a certified cabler, and couldn't come at $163/outlet when it costs me under $40.

The thing I was most concerned that was done right was where our power cables exit the brickwork for lights, shed power, etc. Picked up a couple of items that were fixed next day.

Drew01
excited_builders
Ha ha Drew ...u r funny!

I do my best! As I say to my wife and kids "I do the funny stuff around here..." Life's too short not to get in a few good laughs a day!!!

I checked our rough in pretty thoroughly, and took a lot of photos of where cables run for future reference.

I did miss that the heating guys don't look to have run the wires for the heat/cool zone sensors, which I'm hoping aren't going to be a big deal to sort out - emailed our awesome SM about it last night, but haven't heard back yet.

We didn't pay for the NBN pack, as I wanted the minimum number of data outlets possible, given I'm a certified cabler, and couldn't come at $163/outlet when it costs me under $40.

The thing I was most concerned that was done right was where our power cables exit the brickwork for lights, shed power, etc. Picked up a couple of items that were fixed next day.

Very true Drew....thanks for your detailed response...will get hubby onto checking before the brickies go....he said that the led light holes, power point holes and heating vent holes were done yesterday as per a text from my SM. So hope we r not too late to check all of this. We don't have cooling...just taken hearing....will put In split units later...as catered for power points for those n 20amp thingies....

Long time between updates, I've been flat out at work.

As of about 10 ago, the plasterers were finishing stopping and the brickies were about to come back to finish The lower level.

Upstairs Living

Downstairs Living, Kitchen, Dining and Rumpus

Kids Bathroom

Ensuite

Realised the air conditioning company didn't run the cables for our zone sensors during the week, so trying to get that sorted out at the moment, side from that, the stairs were supposed to go in this week, the plaster sanded, z-flashings installed and EPS starting.

Planning on going to have a look tomorrow

they are just powering along - it is amazing. When do you expect to be moving in?
That is amazing....really good progress.... ..it all looks good. I better check with my SM our zone controllers to ensure they have factored that in.....

WifeofHunza
they are just powering along - it is amazing. When do you expect to be moving in?

I reckon at the pace they've set we should be looking September timeframe. That world be ideal, so we can move the kids for the last term of school

excited_builders
That is amazing....really good progress.... ..it all looks good. I better check with my SM our zone controllers to ensure they have factored that in.....

I've got that they'll be wired in an email, and verbal from the installer that wired is the best way to do it, but they're digging their heels in saying it wasn't on our electricals, so it's a "what the consultant sold vs what Pact say they'll do" debate.

They're saying that it's plaster damage liability for running the cables primarily, but I could do it myself (being a cabler amongst other things) and not damage anything, so beats me why it can't be done...

Today's site update - we have stairs!!! And the cornices are in, shower screed done, plaster sanded, floors sanded and levelling compound poured throughout the house, electrical cutouts mostly done.

Outside, bricking is complete and all of the EPS is installed, pending render.

All in all very happy with progress.

We're not too far behind you now! We've been told late September or early October.

blackcat20
We're not too far behind you now! We've been told late September or early October.

That's awesome! I'm really pleased with the progress at our place. Going to get some fencing quotes, driveway quotes and start planning our front fence and security gates in the next week or so

Drew01
blackcat20
That's awesome! I'm really pleased with the progress at our place. Going to get some fencing quotes, driveway quotes and start planning our front fence and security gates in the next week or so

Our driveway is being done as part of the build, we just need to do fences. Plus we aren’t allowed a front fence.
The builds are so much better than their admin 🤔
So glad everything is moving so fast for you now. It is all looking great. Your patience has been rewarded
Saint Girl
So glad everything is moving so fast for you now. It is all looking great. Your patience has been rewarded
We can't wait to move in, and be part of the neighbourhood.

Going to have to hire a bobcat when we do the front yard though, the amount of steel and junk buried for the brickies forklift to get traction on when they were unloading is crazy

Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum