Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Time from PCI to Handover?

Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys,
Currently building with Metricon in Melbourne, House is 99% Complete.

We had the final Inspection in the last week of May where we noticed that a shower niche(and some minor touch ups elsewhere etc) had not been made in one of the bathrooms. We expected this and our other issues to be rectified quickly and handover to proceed shortly after. Our site supervisor calls us weekly to provide an update and it is always 'soon'. We made the final payment in the last week of June(as we were told 'very soon' then), but then got a call yesterday and we are still on target for 'soon'/now three weeks away from handover apparently.

Is this standard? I would have expected two weeks or so from the final inspection, not 2 months, what has been other peoples experiences building with Metricon in Melbourne?

The whole situation over the past two months has really put me off the whole build process, to see a house sitting there that is 99% complete for months with what appears to be no progress is really frustrating. It has really put a dampener on what was previously a great experience. Don't think I will be recommending them to others.

I get the impression that the site supervisor has moved onto other jobs and is just treating our build as a really low priority, which is great for them as they have received the payment, but not so for us where it is really making it difficult for us to plan a move etc. I currently live about 2 minutes away from the site so go past often and most days there are no trades at all on site. Really frustrating.
And no trades out today either.. Am I being unrealistic in my expectations? I estimated two weeks work TOPS
It tool two weeks for us in a Metricon build a few years ago.
and yep, nobody out on site yesterday at all, or so far today...
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum