Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

custom KDR - Newcastle NSW- Driveway pour

Page 34 of 35
cat_dunc
Thanks

As promised!

Looking down the hall. Six 2700 high polytec doors with the aluminium colour frames. Painted doors in wall colour were way too expensive but this actually came out looking nice and more durable. Just makes it hard to change the wall colour...

All the shelves are adjustable

Modem terminates in here.

Hard to get a pic of the whole height as the hallway isn't wife enough.
Some more kitchen.. It's the tidiest spot

Custom knockdown rebuild Newcastle NSW
viewtopic.php?t=78271
I love looking onto the deck from our room. You can also see across into the open olan area which is actually nice. It's only us there most of the time after all.

This one will be empty for awhile! It's the upstairs lounge room and gets beautiful morning sun.

The narrow window is on the north so it gets nice light during the day and the sun rises in front of that big window.

viewtopic.php?t=78271
gandn
Love these finishing touches photos! Our driveway gets poured sometime over the next 3 weeks! Can't wait to see the back end of the dirt!

Yeah it's not fun especially when you're already living in the house! Some guys came to quote on landscaping and one of them walked on the side path
. They fixed it but.
Ohh landscaping quotes. That Sounds expensive. Haha
Love your upstairs lounge area. And I love your floors too. And your kitchen.

Pretty much the whole place

Aw thanks Abz! I'll snap a few of all the junk in the spare room and study too

viewtopic.php?t=78271

We need a rug and cushions eventually. Don't want too much clutter but. My daughters room has the sheets and temporary
blockout stuff up (and still gets up at the crack of dawn..)

viewtopic.php?t=78271
Aw wow it looks really lovely.
Where are you pendant lights from again please? We're considering putting some in our place.
cat_dunc
Where are you pendant lights from again please? We're considering putting some in our place.

We originally found the glass ones on a site called fat shack vintage. Nice range and great service. The large one we found on go lights. We ended up getting the lights through CNW at Warners Bay (electricial wholesaler). Trick is you need to know the manufacturer and name of the light (I had it as we bought smaller ones first which were too small, so we sent them back). The glass ones are made
by Mercator. You could also browse Mercator website and order them through CNW. We got a cheap rate as we bought a lot but still worth a shot.
cat_dunc

We originally found the glass ones on a site called fat shack vintage. Nice range and great service. The large one we found on go lights. We ended up getting the lights through CNW at Warners Bay (electricial wholesaler). Trick is you need to know the manufacturer and name of the light (I had it as we bought smaller ones first which were too small, so we sent them back). The glass ones are made
by Mercator. You could also browse Mercator website and order them through CNW. We got a cheap rate as we bought a lot but still worth a shot.
Thanks heaps
I keep coming back to look at your photos
cat_dunc
Thanks heaps
I keep coming back to look at your photos

Heh lol. Slowly we are getting things put away! Need to do lots more in terms of generally making it nice like a rug, some art and of course my daughters room. But no money or time at the moment! My daughter is quite happy with the upstairs room free of furniture, very excellent for running around
. On lights GoLights does change of mind return. You can use parcel pick up (there's one at the chemist at Mount Hutton) and it doesn't cost you anything to send back. That's pretty handy with something as awkward as a light.
Quite pleased with my laundry now it's not covered in builders dust ha ha. I hate laundry so it helps..

viewtopic.php?t=78271
That set up looks really good, I'm doing the same style. Are the cupboard laminex too?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Building4my3tots
That set up looks really good, I'm doing the same style. Are the cupboard laminex too?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716

Yes they are polytec brand doors though in what I think is a vinyl wrap. Looks a bit nicer than straight melamine etc. Classic white sheen. The bench is laminex and is called Valencia which has some grey through it.
We have turf going down today!

viewtopic.php?t=78271
Did I post the driveway?

viewtopic.php?t=78271
Ohhh loving your laundry. And fancy pancy, look at your driveway!
cat_dunc
Ohhh loving your laundry. And fancy pancy, look at your driveway!

I find it so hard to get a pic of the house from the street with the slope!
Just read through your thread, your house looks great! Loving the pics!
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum