Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our second home-JG King Memphis - We are in!

Page 47 of 48
Hey Surtees,

Its been awhile! Look at your house!
All going well?

What colour/type of wooden floor is that in your house? How has it faired since you've moved in i.e. scratches, water spills etc. I have no idea about the laminate/vinyl flooring as we had always said we weren't going to have it. Is anything better then the rest in their selection? Anything last longer than the other?

We originally had the bamboo selected in our house but due to timeframe and the package we had originally booked in with being obsolete we have to pay the 'full' amount amount which has increased the price $12K Urghh

Thanks, Sarah.
Hey Sarah, yes it's been a while.

All is going well just busy trying to get everything sorted.

That is the Maxi mountain oak think it was cat 3 I have noticed one tiny mark on it but couldn't tell when it happened. We have an inside little dog and it hasn't marked it and out big dog comes in rarely with no marks. Been ok with little water spill we just clean up straight away. So far I'm happy with it. when we looked at the specs this board had a better hardness/scratch rating than the others and was thicker 12mm v 8 mm and a wider board. I think the vinyl may last longer but the wife wasn't a fan. That sucks about your package disappearing, did you get to switch t king size package or something else? Interested to watch your progress!
Sooo we've finally started some landscaping.. DIY style.
We hired a dingo and rotary hoe for one day and had over $700 of top soil delivered all in the same day... safe to say we bit of a bit more than we could chew. We both worked bloody hard. Moved some dirt, leveled the ground, dug up our garden beds and filled up a lot dirt in our front yard as we have a slope of about 700mm from top step to foot path.
We were originally going to put a retaining wall in but as we are on the curve of the court it just wasnt going to work how i wanted it to...and with limited funds at the moment we are improvising. So we are going to do grass in the middle area then a sloped garden bed to the footpath. A garden bed outside our master window and some pavers coming off in front of that garden bed with another garden bed with trees along the fence edge.
I am physically exhausted from shoveling and moving so much dirt and wishing i was a millionaire to pay someone to do it ?? oh well i suppose we will have gratitute for all the hard work we put in.
Anyway here is some progress photos.

Landscaping is a killer hey!! Its looking great.. Cant wait to see it filled out.

Looks like the big kid had fun too! lol

Hahaha yep the big kid and the little ones were all loving it. Poor hubby had at least one kid on each time he used it lol
I cant wait to see it all filled in too and then we have to figure out how to make steps and retain that side bit along the steps

Making some good progresss still a lot to do but the landscaping is starting to take shape. Sorry been quite on here but busy in life. Still need somemore dirt turf and gardem beds. There will be steps up to the front door along the side of the raised front.

Looking good Surtees! Landscaping is such a massive job, not one I'm looking forward to. My Husband can't wait, but I think he thinks he's going to knock it over in a weekend
:lol::lol:, I've tried to tell him!
Yes it is a big effort, enjoying the outcome but yes it's hard work! can't wait to see it all done
Work has continued with front landscaping with the start of the retaining walls and the stairs to the entrance. Big weekend effort all the holes are dug up to concreting post in, just triple checking everything is squared off and good to go. Once the walls are up we'll start with the stairs. One step at a time.

Dug some holes NOT filling with water! Clay SUCKS!

Reta8ning wall done just need to back fill when this rain stops. Got the timber for the stairs frame today. I started to set up the irrigation too but got rained out.

One good thing with the rain forcing me inside I have finally got the hoe network and VOIP phone working properly.

Well we've been super busy with landscaping and now we have grass. It was sogreat seeing the yards turn green. We are totally exhausted but its worth it.

Looks fantastic! Great place for the kids to play.
Thanks yes now just need the soft fall and gardens done....
Yeah I like the border area you have for the garden, I have no idea about gardens yet hahah.

Hey what colour evaporative cooler box have you got on your roof??? Apparently there are only 4 colours; red, green, chocolate, or cream, according to DH. So we have a grey roof and chocolate box.... Ive asked him to double check this as it seems odd that there is no grey option.
Wow so much grass, it looks great! That must have been a huge job!
Princesssarrah06
Hey what colour evaporative cooler box have you got on your roof??? Apparently there are only 4 colours; red, green, chocolate, or cream, according to DH. So we have a grey roof and chocolate box.... Ive asked him to double check this as it seems odd that there is no grey option.

Brivis were the standard evaporative cooler for us and they have between 3 and 6 colours depending upon the model you buy. Check their brochures online against what's in your estimates/tender/contract to see colours available. You pick the evaporative cooler colour at colour appointment.

We have 33sq under roof and got the brivis advance f56d. Our roof is colorbond basalt and we picked charcoal for the brivis unit. Matches near enough.

Chocolate only seems to be available on contour or ad bal models, and those models also have all other colours.

We got basalt roof too and charcoal unit. Hopefully you can get a better maych than chocolate
Where did the kids cubby house come from and can I ask how much and how hard to install? Backyard looks huge and flat, your kids will love it.

The kids fort was a Facebook find of mine. A chippie made it for his daughter but was moving and wouldn't fit so had to sell. I paid $200 it was a bargain. The kids love it and they can see over our neighbours fences and talk to their kids haha.
Our land is pretty flat. Its the highest point in the whole estate on a one meter elevation. We put a huge amount of top soil on top and i flattened it to have a slight fall towards the house were we have added extra drainage points about 2 meters away from the house in the crushed rock. So far im happy with it but just hope once the grass takes and we can walk on it its still flat.

That's a great find! And when your kids grow out of it you can probably sell it for the same amount again

Related
27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum