Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BluePrint Pre-Start Fees Question

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

We are building our first home with Blueprint. We are about to do our pre-start but was wondering if anyone on here has built with them before and could give us a heads up with prices.

We would love white gloss kitchen cabinets
Semi frameless showers in en-suite & main bathroom
3 led downlights in kitchen. (I'm also adding pendant lights but will do that myself later)
Double doors to theatre room.
1020mm front door upgrade

If I think of more I'll add.... trying to keep costs down so only want to upgrade the things we really want.

The standard spec is really good so we are happy with most things.

Any info would be fab!! Thank you.
Oh yeah our sales guy told us that to have the 1200mm entry door I liked would be $2,500 would that sound right?
Not blue print but our 1200x2340 high front door was $1200 to upgrade

Do you have a fire rating where you're building? I believe this increases the cost of the door
Ok, no I don't think we do, I guess I will have to wait and see. Pre-start on Tuesday!! Thanks
Hey,
Semiframeless shower screens are around 300AUD.
I would wait until after H/o to do lights. what costs you 150 now it will cost you 100 later for led lights.
You can ask them to delete the oyester light and put a box & dimmer if needed for now.
Double doors to theatre can cost around 700 AUD.
Front door can cost 2500 because you are building a promo series. I was thinking abour it but then thought I will just get a nice 82 door with a timber look.
High gloss kitchen will cost around 2000 AUD depending on your kitchen size.
Will you let us know the costs of your upgrades once you have done your prestart? Ive got mine coming up the week after:)
Are you building with Blueprint too Riverrock? Sure I'll share the prices on here! I really want a big front door so I'm hoping the 1020mm won't be as expensive, have to wait and see. I didn't think the gloss cabinets would be so expensive though, we a,ready added overheads which cost $1800 so why does that not include paint finish.... Ahhhh!!! Oh well, just gonna have to grin and bare it tomorrow ha ha!! I'll let you know the damage! Thanks for reply
It cost us $600 to upgrade our kitchen cabinets to gloss, that doesn't include any overheads we took that out and will do after handover, much cheaper.
archetto
It cost us $600 to upgrade our kitchen cabinets to gloss, that doesn't include any overheads we took that out and will do after handover, much cheaper.

That sounds more like it! Thanks
Oh what about the exhaust fans for bathrooms & toilets? I've heard you have too pay for all of them too, they are not included!! Is that right?
How did the pre start go?:)
Hey, yes it went really well thanks. We got everything we wanted.
So happy.....

Any questions I'll try and help we're I can!
I have a whole heap of prestart cost which I am trying to finalise too..
What did you do for your NBN/ data points?

Brittany was your clipsal consultant?
alibaba11
I have a whole heap of prestart cost which I am trying to finalise too..
What did you do for your NBN/ data points?

Brittany was your clipsal consultant?

We went to Intelligent Homes. As part of the promo we get a 3 point pack included in our build, we did add another data point in the activity area too though which cost around $300.
Thats good!
I did not get that as part of my package. But I heard from my sales rep that its a standard now. It would have cost me $1100 to get that done. But BluePrint had their "package" which I went with.
alibaba11
Thats good!
I did not get that as part of my package. But I heard from my sales rep that its a standard now. It would have cost me $1100 to get that done. But BluePrint had their "package" which I went with.

Yeah it got added to the new house design just before we signed up, although the base price changed from $179,000 to $181,000 so I guess we do pay for the "extras" the other being a secutiry alarm...
StarGirlStar
alibaba11
Thats good!

Yeah it got added to the new house design just before we signed up, although the base price changed from $179,000 to $181,000 so I guess we do pay for the "extras" the other being a secutiry alarm...

Where have you decided to place the NBN box?

I am contemplating putting it into one of my WIL in the Activity room (similar to the Brookstead). Not sure if my prestart consultant would agree though..
Ours will be located in the garage.
Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

24/03/2024
Lyndhurst body corporate fees

Real Estate

What services do you get under these fees.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum