Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Gardene Estate Schofields NSW

Page 3 of 5
No idea ours is only 1800lt

I went to the site today and lot 31, 35 and 17 have commenced construction.
We did them same then sent an email to the builds to get progress on ours as we would love something done before xmas, but thats looking like it's a slim chance.
Have you locked in a builder yet Alex

I am tossing between simonds homes and allworth homes for a 4 bed, study and media single storey home. I have been spending my last 4 weekends on narrowing down on a builder. Will soon be locking in one of them.
Also I am thinking of starting a WhatsApp group for gardene owners. Let me know if anyone else is interested, pm me name, lot no and Mobile number.
The 3 lots who have commenced construction(lot 31, 35 and 17) are doing owner builder on it.
I have postponed my plan to build as the market is getting cooled and I expect builders to negotiate prices from new year onwards.
You could always try and get a deal with them for end of year Alex. Most put prices up in the new year not down and I'm sure they all have end of year $$$ targets they need to hit so you might be able to get a few more extras thrown in

Lot 42 and 43 have also started building. One is owner builder and another is better built. I saw blacktown council website and another 4 lots have there da approved.
Alexright62 I am interested in doing an OB build. Can you tell me how the people who are building as owner builders are doing it? Do they get a PM? Get tradies?
Hi,
I can give u the number of the person who is doing OB of three houses in gardene. He told me that that he can do project management and have all the tradies lined up for the job. Excellent quality and will save u loads of money. The three houses were build in less than 3 months after registration in october. Please PM me for number.
Regards,
5 more lots have started construction in gardene, slabs have been laid.
Hi Guys,

Just booked a 320 sqm lot yesterday, which have 10m frontage, does anyone know if Zero boundary construction is allowed?

I would appreciate any help.
Hi HDRider

Congrats on your purchase. I'm pretty sure there isn't zero lot here, but your best bet is to check with council.

Thanks Bradles

Just wondering do you guys recommend me any builder who builds on narrow lot?
Sorry, I am building for first time so good to learn from some experienced members.
We went with Elderton and they have been great so far...frames getting delivered this week but we have a 12.5 lot. I'm pretty sure they do have designs for 10m.

@HDRider: Rawson Homes designs that will fit 9m - 10m wide lots:
Belcourt
Carlyle - may fit 9m wide lot
Acton - may fit 9m wide lot
Alandra - may fit 9m wide lot
Belview - may fit 9m wide lot
Derwent - double garage
Drayton - double garage
Ellerston - will fit 9m wide lot
Harrington - double garage
Mayfield II - will fit 9m wide lot
Montana - double garage
Soho - double garage
Thanks kaycee,

One more questions guys, do we have to make any extra payment to Blacktown council for Section 94 contributions (one of the builder asked me to check) at Gardene Schofields?
I don't think so, we haven't been asked for anything and our land registered in Oct 15

Thanks bradles
Related
28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum