Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Serpentine Build - with Cachet Homes

Page 2 of 4
Camowen77
Getting very jealous reading through all the threads and seeing everyone's lovely homes going up
No start date for earth works yet but our builder promises he'll have it by the end of this week. ... fingers crossed! We spent last week on the bob cat removing our old water tank and stand from house pad site. Today I ordered our ovens from Harvey Norman. Ordered some pendant lights from Temple and Webster for the kitchen also
Just want to start buying stuff already ! I'm also still hunting the perfect splash back tile for the kitchen if anyone has any ideas? ATM we have a white subway tile which we considering laying in herringbone. Our floor tile is dark grey, bench tops very light and cupboards light grey. Have also been hunting a greyish subway tile or maybe one with grey marbling through it? Can't seem to source any from anywhere though?

Hi Camowen77, congrats on your build! Love the floorplan.

I've got very similiar kitchen colours (white, light grey, with marbling) so I thought I might be able to help you with the tiles
Finding a splashback tile was the hardest decision I think I've made with the whole house! I was tossing up subway tiles, and ended up deciding to go with a glassy white subway tile & lay them herringbone. There are some pics in my thread of the kitchen, and of the tiles (but they are yet to be laid - should be happening next week!) There are some really nice marble penny rounds around if you like that look too.
Ooo sounds good adele9! Will check them out now !still set on the white subway tile in herringbone for ours but might go the longer rectangle tile rather than the smaller 'proper' subway tile .

Camowen77
Ooo sounds good adele9! Will check them out now !still set on the white subway tile in herringbone for ours but might go the longer rectangle tile rather than the smaller 'proper' subway tile .

Good choice - I selected the longer one as well as I think the traditional subway tile can look a bit choppy when laid herringbone. These are the tiles : http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/Tile-D ... icleID/183 (the first white ones)

Not sure what side of Serpentine you are currently on, but Bendigo Floor & Home Center stock lots of tiles are are extremely helpful. Couldn't recommend them more.

Sand pad completed

Rio delivered

And getting started on levelling my horse arena

Things moving along .. Footings were supposed to be pored today but I think the rain last night scared everyone away ? We are doing the electrical ourselves and some confusion about when /where to lay electrical conduit out ? OH wanted to put in some 'outs' 600mm down in sand pad /through footing but builder says no ? Not sure if reason for this but looking at others pad pics I can't see the electrical conduit in yet so hoping it'll work out :p

Love the plan posting to follow
More updates ... Pad down , window frames delivered and termite man came today

Congrats on your slab! Looks great
great news, here's to some bricks arriving.
Slabbed, wohooooooooo

That's a good looking slab. Congrats!
Hi Camowen77

love your plans! Is that one of Cachet's standard designs or your own?? Would you recommend them as a builder??

I'm looking to build on my 5 acres and this sort of design would be just perfect for us!
nativeaussie
Hi Camowen77

love your plans! Is that one of Cachet's standard designs or your own?? Would you recommend them as a builder??

I'm looking to build on my 5 acres and this sort of design would be just perfect for us!

It's a plan we pieced together. just visited lots of displays and put together what we liked
the 'theatre' will actually be our study as we have no need for a theatre room, would be wasted space as we rarely have time to sit around having s property to manage :p
So far Cachet have been very accommodating, the guys are friendly to deal with as well .

Today's deliveries

Good work. Reminds of the rural building company house I saw in the south west. Figured you must have started with that and made your changes. Looks better than the original with the changes you made. Well done.
yey for bricks.
Congrats on bricks being delivered, not too long before you can start getting a feel of each room!
Congrats Camowen! Moving along nicely, looove your WIR!

Ps. gold star if you can work out who I am too (probably seen my house pop up on facebook?)
Congrats! what great progress! Posting to follow.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum