Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 416 of 433
blackcat20
SamKM
How long after final inspection does it normally take for occupany certificate and handover to happen? We not expecting any major defects since we have been looking at the progress closely on each visit.

Thanks

We were a month and 10 days from PCI to Occupancy certificate, then another 2 weeks to handover.

Oh dear, that would be a long wait
Drew01
SamKM
How long after final inspection does it normally take for occupany certificate and handover to happen? We not expecting any major defects since we have been looking at the progress closely on each visit.

Thanks
For us it was the same day if you consider they do nothing between presentation and handover, and there's no such thing as a final inspection to make sure the detects are actually fixed...

Hope we get it soon after as well 😊
SamKM
blackcat20
SamKM

Thanks

We were a month and 10 days from PCI to Occupancy certificate, then another 2 weeks to handover.

Oh dear, that would be a long wait

Long and tedious. SM went on Jury duty and the stand in did nothing. We were told to expect approx 3 weeks from PCI to handover, it ended up being just shy of 2 months.
shokel1975
madj-m
shokel1975
[quote="excited_builders"]Hi all we just got a quote for 30k for exposed aggregate for 150 squares and normal concrete for another 150 squares as we are also putting a slab for our entertainment area instead of decking. It is coming to $110 per sqm for exposed agg. And $75 per sq m for normal
Does anyone know how much for exposed aggregate per sq m ? And does anyone have any contracts to share for more quotes?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

I was told by our concreter that he charges about $80/m2 for exposed agg. He didn't think M's price was too bad considering their usual markups. We are getting M to do our exposed agg driveway - so we can get it done at time of building, and also include it in the house price/mortgage, rather than finding money for it after.

What are M charging you for just the driveway?

$8,320 for 52m2 ($160/m2) for exposed aggregate driveway by M.

Sorry, i must have given the wrong figure in my last post. This was the price we were given by M, and our concreter was cheaper - he was $120/m2 for exposed aggregate. The $80/m2 I mentioned above from my concreter was for regular concrete.[/quote]Use Metricon

We have just been informed that handover is tomorrow morning ....any tips for me , what is the process if something is not yet fixed n what do we get ? Docs, manuals.keys...anything to watch out for.....please advise....

excited_builders
We have just been informed that handover is tomorrow morning ....any tips for me , what is the process if something is not yet fixed n what do we get ? Docs, manuals.keys...anything to watch out for.....please advise....

Awesome!!

If there were any items at presentation that were serious issues for you, make sure they've been fixed, or they'll take 3-4 months to get back to them to resolve them

Drew01
excited_builders

Awesome!!

If there were any items at presentation that were serious issues for you, make sure they've been fixed, or they'll take 3-4 months to get back to them to resolve them

All went well with not many outstanding issues ...which we noted on the email that needed to be fixed post handover not post 3 months warranty.
Now the rush to get everything done starts.

Drew01
excited_builders
Drew01
We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what it costs to tile a downstairs of a Glendale 45?

It immediately overcomes the issue of skirting and cabinetry over flooring - tiles HAVE to go under.

Not to mention that we can use a steam cleaner on a tiled floor that we can't use on timber flooring...

Hi Drew 01 we r building Glendale 50 n our tiling cost for a 600 x 600 tile for $8500 for 163sqm. This is after taking the flooring pack.

We got quoted today for 600 x 600 Santorini White GL-Porc tiles, which we're thinking we'll go with instead of the engineered timber boards, so we overcome the issue of cabinets over flooring, and save the cost of skirting after flooring as well. Quite a nice, grey/white tile, but we forgot to take a photo http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/All-Pr ... ni&pspid=1

Will go nicely against our Belga charcoal wet area tiles, and warm up the Snowy Mountain half a little...

Are you able to share how much Metricon quoted for the tiles? These are exact tiles that I’m wanting.
Hey, can anyone help with a time delay compensation question? So we’ve had our nearly final walkthrough with our SS and there’s a few things that need to be fixed and all are noted. We got sent our final invoice today. Does the compensation just come off the final amount or some other way? Our contract date ended sometime in June/July so it’s something we definitely want.

Thanks!

Santorinimetricon
Drew01
excited_builders
[quote="Drew01"]We've been talking tonight about the prospect of changing our downstairs flooring from engineered laminate to 600x600mm tiles.

Has anyone got a rough idea of what it costs to tile a downstairs of a Glendale 45?

It immediately overcomes the issue of skirting and cabinetry over flooring - tiles HAVE to go under.

Not to mention that we can use a steam cleaner on a tiled floor that we can't use on timber flooring...

Hi Drew 01 we r building Glendale 50 n our tiling cost for a 600 x 600 tile for $8500 for 163sqm. This is after taking the flooring pack.

We got quoted today for 600 x 600 Santorini White GL-Porc tiles, which we're thinking we'll go with instead of the engineered timber boards, so we overcome the issue of cabinets over flooring, and save the cost of skirting after flooring as well. Quite a nice, grey/white tile, but we forgot to take a photo http://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/All-Pr ... ni&pspid=1

Will go nicely against our Belga charcoal wet area tiles, and warm up the Snowy Mountain half a little...

Are you able to share how much Metricon quoted for the tiles? These are exact tiles that I’m wanting.[/quote]27k laid... We paid nowhere near that using our own tiler

We've got 14 boxes left over... Might be able to do you a deal!

Hi All
I have a query on the fibre optic package. Ours has a telephone point. But in my street, we only have Telstra cable internet, does anyone know how the phone line will work as will telstra put a Pstn line and does it go through the same conduit that Metricon has put for us from property boundary to next to our meter box wall? If someone can share a diagram of the connection n how it works for phone n cable that will be great. Also we r planning to concrete over the conduit that M has is that ok or do we need to build another conduit outside the concrete area? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, has anyone building with M in Melbourne had a site supervisor with initials MC? Please let me know so I can pm you. Thanks!
Hi, for those who have moved into their beautiful new homes: do you get an occupancy permit issued before Metricon does the handover?

Our neighbour has handover Monday and we are still waiting for a building permit to be issued ( any day now), and this may mean that we need to put frosting on our upstairs bedroom windows on their side. I think they might have pipped us to the post!
shokel1975
Hi, for those who have moved into their beautiful new homes: do you get an occupancy permit issued before Metricon does the handover?

Our neighbour has handover Monday and we are still waiting for a building permit to be issued ( any day now), and this may mean that we need to put frosting on our upstairs bedroom windows on their side. I think they might have pipped us to the post!

We were told by M that they don’t require OC for handover. Some banks do require this before releasing the final payment. However, for us CBA advised this isn’t a requirement.
shokel1975

Hi Shokel, we have our OC 3 weeks before handover and it was our bank requirements to have OC, notice of completion and bank own valuation report before the bank can release the final payment. Hope this helps.
shokel1975

Usually if your neighbour has a building permit (rather than occupancy) then you'd require obscured windows. Depends on the council though.

blackcat20
shokel1975

Usually if your neighbour has a building permit (rather than occupancy) then you'd require obscured windows. Depends on the council though.

All our plans say only if their occupancy permit is in place before our building permit.
In our council if upstairs windows can see into private open space (back yards) then they have to be obscured irrespective of when the next door house is built

Drew01
In our council if upstairs windows can see into private open space (back yards) then they have to be obscured irrespective of when the next door house is built

Ours says only if occ permit in place before our build permit issued. I think we have just missed out on avoiding it! 😡. Can it be removed easily?
shokel1975
Drew01

Ours says only if occ permit in place before our build permit issued. I think we have just missed out on avoiding it!
. Can it be removed easily?
Yeah, just peels off

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum