Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 404 of 433
Wild
So not all the windows to1800MM drop in the entire home ?

Tell me one thing, would they allign the height of 1800MM windows height with 2330MM doors and also with the stacker door ?

I just checked my kitchen windows are 2100

I don’t know if they align it as I don’t have any doors in my whole kitchen area except my butlers. Never paid attention to that

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
She has 2550 ceiling she wants to make them bigger. But she’s in the freedom range. Don’t know if that makes a difference?

I’m a bit annoyed to be honest. Cos they never offered us bigger windows when we went to 2700 ceiling downstairs

viewtopic.php?t=86597
We've got 2550 downstairs ceilings and 1800 windows - to be honest, you wouldn't want bigger

Wild
So not all the windows to1800MM drop in the entire home ?

Tell me one thing, would they allign the height of 1800MM windows height with 2330MM doors and also with the stacker door ?

The only other full windows are sitting room - already 1800 standard, and master bed sliding door - already 2100. Other windows are half windows in kids bedrooms or smaller windows in kitchen, bathroom etc.

Not sure if you can ask for windows to be aligned with doors. Possibly. Our plans seem to show them roughly centred between floor and ceiling. But hard to tell.
In our experience, M is ok to increase window size to an extent, especially if you are doing brick. The reason is that it’s less labour and cost to fill a space with window than to cover it with brick. I remember we were charged extra for reducing the size of our window cause they needed to do more brickwork

Drew01
Doulton777
She has 2550 ceiling she wants to make them bigger. But she’s in the freedom range. Don’t know if that makes a difference?

I’m a bit annoyed to be honest. Cos they never offered us bigger windows when we went to 2700 ceiling downstairs

viewtopic.php?t=86597
We've got 2550 downstairs ceilings and 1800 windows - to be honest, you wouldn't want bigger

Drew - your windows at the front of the house, Are they also 1800MM ?
Hi, we made a rookie mistake and missed one important upgrade for our build. We didnt realize it was an upgrade until someone highlighted it to us.

We are currently waiting for developer's approval. Can we still make some structural changes e.g. windows? Do any of you have an idea how much a contract variation would cost?

Appreciate your feedbacks.
What did you miss which requires addition ?
Wild

Window upgrade.
Lot4503
Wild

Window upgrade.

Do you need to make them larger?
shokel1975
Lot4503
Wild

Window upgrade.

Need to change the type.. currently we have two windows with space in between.. need to change it to just one window with multiple trosoms
Lot4503
shokel1975
Lot4503
[quote="Wild"]What did you miss which requires addition ?

Window upgrade.

Need to change the type.. currently we have two windows with space in between.. need to change it to just one window with multiple trosoms[/quote]

I guess all you can do is ask. But if you have already signed your contract you may be charged $1500 for the variation plus cost of windows.

Do you need to make them larger?[/quote]

Need to change the type.. currently we have two windows with space in between.. need to change it to just one window with multiple trosoms[/quote]

I guess all you can do is ask. But if you have already signed your contract you may be charged $1500 for the variation plus cost of windows. [/quote]

Yes, i've emailed our CSC too.. can't believe we missed it. That $1500 could be spent on something else... but it's one of the most important features of the house so i cant let it go either. Thanks for your feedback!
I called the CSC and she mentioned that they don't normally allow changes after the contract has been signed but she will still check and get back. She was a bit rude too.. was surprised of her attitude today, she seemed nice when we first met her.
Lot4503
I called the CSC and she mentioned that they don't normally allow changes after the contract has been signed but she will still check and get back. She was a bit rude too.. was surprised of her attitude today, she seemed nice when we first met her.

Good luck!
Drew01
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We have 2700 ceiling. But I’m starting to think that maybe I’m getting mixed up. Maybe I should have just changed the framing too 300 series it makes it look much prettier. As they told us all is does is change the frame not the size.
Hi everyone
Does anyone know the cost for upgrading to an additional hot water system? We are building a 2 story house with 3 showers and M have just informed us we will need this upgrade

They would offer a heat pump. Around $1k.
PharmaG
Hi everyone
Does anyone know the cost for upgrading to an additional hot water system? We are building a 2 story house with 3 showers and M have just informed us we will need this upgrade

We've got a Glendale 45 with 3 showers and 1 solar hot water with instant gas booster

Looking for opinion guys, I am stuck to make a decision between these tiles, Any Input would be great.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum