Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 398 of 433
Macher
stanus
Sometimes you cannot.
i.e. a KDR were the house is still standing.
My land is vacant and the site survey was carried out on a vacant block. Should I sign on a provisional sum?

No, get your own soil test first by the same company that M use before signing anything. Then get your site costs fixed. Cheers

Sometime M provides Misleading information, I was told at initial deposit stage that once soil and survey tests are completed then I will have the fixed site costs, these were completed a month ago and now M cannot provide fix site costs and added as provisional, allocated consultant is useless and never return call on the said matter and doesn't have an answer.
Wild
Sometime M provides Misleading information, I was told at initial deposit stage that once soil and survey tests are completed then I will have the fixed site costs, these were completed a month ago and now M cannot provide fix site costs and added as provisional, allocated consultant is useless and never return call on the said matter and doesn't have an answer.
Then don't sign. Take the soil test etc to other builders and get another quote. If M turns out to be the best deal then sign. Sometimes provisional costs can't be helped.

Macher
Should I sign a final contract with provisional sums on the footing upgrade?

How much is the provisional sum? Is it high?
We had $17k of provisional costs due to flood overlay...

End of the day, most builders if you have a restriction or condition that makes it hard to fix a price will have provisional costs, or absurdly high fixed costs.

It's a trade off due to the risks they carry.

Post your soil test and let the experts here look at it. Maybe your soil has low bearing pressure or you have a rocky site? Your being very vague and asking for help but not giving any info.
shokel1975
Macher

sweetswisssteel
Post your soil test and let the experts here look at it. Maybe your soil has low bearing pressure or you have a rocky site? Your being very vague and asking for help but not giving any info.
shokel1975
Macher

Hi, the soil test is not in question. My block is flat with no major overlays. M tested my soils on vacant block. M has specified a an upgrade with a provisional price subject to final Slab design. We are in the stage before signing a final contract with variations attached. However in the variation there is no fixed figure for the provisional sums in the slab upgrade. So... I would like to know for those of you that have already signed with M, whether you signed your contract with a provisional sum and why? In the case of Drew I understand there were some unknowns. Is it normal to sign final contracts with M with provisional sums for slab upgrade?
I don't understand why it us still provisional if there is no house to knock down which may change the footing/soils report.

Hi,
Have anyone here have their gas connected to their build?
Did the gas provider come and dig a trench to lay the gas line to your gas meter/the connection point into your house.
Macher
sweetswisssteel
shokel1975
[quote="Macher"]Should I sign a final contract with provisional sums on the footing upgrade?

Hi, the soil test is not in question. My block is flat with no major overlays. M tested my soils on vacant block. M has specified a an upgrade with a provisional price subject to final Slab design. We are in the stage before signing a final contract with variations attached. However in the variation there is no fixed figure for the provisional sums in the slab upgrade. So... I would like to know for those of you that have already signed with M, whether you signed your contract with a provisional sum and why? In the case of Drew I understand there were some unknowns. Is it normal to sign final contracts with M with provisional sums for slab upgrade?
I don't understand why it us still provisional if there is no house to knock down which may change the footing/soils report.

[/quote]My final contract amount with slab costs etc was fixed and didn't change through the whole process.

MyFirst
Hi,
Did the gas provider come and dig a trench to lay the gas line to your gas meter/the connection point into your house.
Yep, that's exactly what happens...

Drew01
MyFirst
Hi,

Darn, I was told otherwise when I posted the question on General Discussion forum.

Did they dig by hand or using a some small machine as oppose to small size excavator?

I'm just a little concern since I have too many things leading to the gas point.
Down pipe connection, power line, agi. drain and NBN conduit.

Thanks
MyFirst
Drew01
MyFirst
Hi,

Darn, I was told otherwise when I posted the question on General Discussion forum.

Did they dig by hand or using a some small machine as oppose to small size excavator?

I'm just a little concern since I have too many things leading to the gas point.
Down pipe connection, power line, agi. drain and NBN conduit.

Thanks
Not sure how they dug ours, I'd guess by machine given the depth they're required to go to...

End of the day, if they damage another service, they have to make it good

Lumi 13W LEDs with Popping Noise!!

Lumi and M have finally found out the solutions for the popping noise. It was a manufacturer deflect where the glass was tighten too firmly and causing the popping noise when the lights are turned on and off.

They loosen the glass and it seems to be fixed the issue. Yay.

Renman

Lumi and M have finally found out the solutions for the popping noise. It was a manufacturer deflect where the glass was tighten too firmly and causing the popping noise when the lights are turned on and off.

Good to know!! I am screenshotting this in case it happens to us! Glad you got it sorted đź‘Ť
Hi all

Thanks for those who have clarified some of my previous posts, got a couple of questions for those of you who have done tiles/hardwood flooring post handover, how have you handled the junctions of floor to joinery and other wet areas?
Leaving skirting off is a given.
I’m thinking of
Kitchen - will M leave off kicker boards under cabinetry so you can install after flooring is in?
If we have a stone waterfall edge on an island bench, how have people handled this join when laying floorboards? Aside from putting a quad in, can you put a temp packer in under the stone and lay the flooring under the stone after?

Bathroom downstairs - if we tiled post handover, will M allow tiling of bathroom and laundry post handover so we can have same tiling ? We also have a shower downstairs in the powder room that will be tiled. Otherwise I’m assuming there will be a join between tiles layer by M and post handover.
Cheers
madj-m
Hi all

Thanks for those who have clarified some of my previous posts, got a couple of questions for those of you who have done tiles/hardwood flooring post handover, how have you handled the junctions of floor to joinery and other wet areas?
Leaving skirting off is a given.
I’m thinking of
Kitchen - will M leave off kicker boards under cabinetry so you can install after flooring is in?
If we have a stone waterfall edge on an island bench, how have people handled this join when laying floorboards? Aside from putting a quad in, can you put a temp packer in under the stone and lay the flooring under the stone after?

Bathroom downstairs - if we tiled post handover, will M allow tiling of bathroom and laundry post handover so we can have same tiling ? We also have a shower downstairs in the powder room that will be tiled. Otherwise I’m assuming there will be a join between tiles layer by M and post handover.
Cheers

M can’t allow you to do tiling of bathrooms, kitchen or laundry post handover as you need these areas tiled to get certificate of occupancy (and therefore settlement).
Hi Guys,
I am going with 2700 MM ceiling height, Does it mean that portico, garage and alfresco area would be 2700MM as well or Does it require to be clarified with M beforehand ?
Wild
Hi Guys,
I am going with 2700 MM ceiling height, Does it mean that portico, garage and alfresco area would be 2700MM as well or Does it require to be clarified with M beforehand ?

I know the garage is same height as internal ceilings, and I am pretty sure portico and outdoor room are the same too.
Renman

Yay that’s good to know cos they need to come and fix ours too.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
shokel1975
Wild
Hi Guys,

I know the garage is same height as internal ceilings, and I am pretty sure portico and outdoor room are the same too.

Thanks shokel.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum