Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 389 of 433
I get that, but maybe other builders will tell you the same thing or offer another design or maybe the narrower house could be a blessing in disguise?
Metricon aren't trying to play you, they are straight volume guys who want the most economical outcome for you and them. They just want a hassle free build which they will deliver, you may need to compromise though.
And regardless of who you choose, get at least 2 soil tests and get a independent building inspector. Cheers

With building approvals slowly drifting downward you could very easily find yourself in an advantageous position as a building client.
We are at contract stage with Metricon.
Does anyone have list of deductions that I can check should or could have been made on my contract.
sandymeo
We are at contract stage with Metricon.
Does anyone have list of deductions that I can check should or could have been made on my contract.

What sort of deductions are you expectiing?? Unfortunately prices still tend to go up If anything at contract stage - itโ€™s when estimating do the proper measurements to calculate costs - in our case a few items became more expensive ๐Ÿ™
Deductions typically get applied at sales, and you remove over run at contact

Hi Everyone,

Just need some advice from those who went through the frame stage. We have noticed that in a few places the wood used in the frame is chipped/cracked. Should we ask the SM to change it or not a big deal?

Thanks!!
Thanks shokel.
Hi , Just want to check if anyone had to sign the letter attached towards the end of their documentation.

dany
Hi , Just want to check if anyone had to sign the letter attached towards the end of their documentation.

we made changes for about 4 months after signing the contract, mostly due to the sales to construction handover not being thorough...

we changed our carpet colour last week, and it's probably being laid this coming week
so this is not the contract its actually before construction they are asking us to sign this . After this they will send the file to construction and i am not sure how soon can they start building.
dany
so this is not the contract its actually before construction they are asking us to sign this . After this they will send the file to construction and i am not sure how soon can they start building.

no, we never received that document...
Does M usually raise a no cost post-contract variation to rectify mistakes in the final HIA contract?

I think most volume builders don't modify the final HIA contract but they rather raise a post-contract variation to correct any mistakes. Not sure what the reason behind this but has anyone insisted on having the HIA contract modified to correct errors prior to signing it?
Dany, it's all about contractor risk management and shifting any future plan/specification problems on to your shoulders. Ask yourself, before you sign off on anything like this, "do I have the knowledge and expertise to make such a confirmation?"
reaver
Does M usually raise a no cost post-contract variation to rectify mistakes in the final HIA contract?

I think most volume builders don't modify the final HIA contract but they rather raise a post-contract variation to correct any mistakes. Not sure what the reason behind this but has anyone insisted on having the HIA contract modified to correct errors prior to signing it?

No, we were told that any issues get put into variation docs. We were told we should sign the contract to ensure the wheels keep turning and then any changes/issues will get sorted after. This is what has happened - and no issues in the end, but it can be a slow process depending on how many issues need to be ironed out. We signed contract 28 July, and only today did our price variations doc get finalised!

Plus, if you are in Vic (not sure about other states), you will have your tile selection appointment after signing contract, so you will have to have a variation doc anyway to include tile costs.
shokel1975
reaver

No, we were told that any issues get put into variation docs. We were told we should sign the contract to ensure the wheels keep turning and then any changes/issues will get sorted after. This is what has happened - and no issues in the end, but it can be a slow process depending on how many issues need to be ironed out. We signed contract 28 July, and only today did our price variations doc get finalised!

Plus, if you are in Vic (not sure about other states), you will have your tile selection appointment after signing contract, so you will have to have a variation doc anyway to include tile costs.

That whole process just seems strange.
reaver
shokel1975
reaver

That whole process just seems strange.

Yep!
Can anyone confirm if the measurements for built in robes (ie. depth of 550mm or 600mm) are measured from internals of robe? I want to ensure that the measurements on our plans are the space inside and don't include the tracks for the two overlapping sliding doors. Just trying to plan the fitout depth available to us for the Master built ins that we will do after handover. Thanks!
Hi

Anyone supplied their own door furniture (mainly internal handles) for M to install? We have a set of very high quality handles/latches left over from an abandoned project and wanted to use them.
Like most things i ask M reps, i get one answer, but get different ones from clients!
Hi Madj,

I think you'll find that some SS will allow and some wouldn't. I got lucky with our one as he didn't mind as long as we provided the materials on the day that the tradies were doing it. they don't delay it for you. that's how I got the noggins / doors / cabling done.
kks
Dany, it's all about contractor risk management and shifting any future plan/specification problems on to your shoulders. Ask yourself, before you sign off on anything like this, "do I have the knowledge and expertise to make such a confirmation?

KKS , thanks for your feedback, you are absolutely correct . I haven't signed them as well and the customer service is calling me three times a day to check if i have signed it . good piece of advice.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All ๐Ÿ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We donโ€™t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum