Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 379 of 433
Does anyone know with the lintels above the window if they should cover all of the underside of the brick?

emmyawards
Does anyone know with the lintels above the window if they should cover all of the underside of the brick?

Most of mine were done the same as this and painted the same colour as the window frames, but some of them looked real bad and only covered just over half the brick, leaving the brick hollows exposed. For these ones M rendered the underside of the bricks and then also painted the render.
First photo looked standard. Second one not so much. They should all look like the first photo. Legally I don’t know. You need to look at the VBA tolerances guide.
Has anyone installed irrigation for their backyard? Metricon says that the tap at the back has to be attached to the house and can not be freestanding. Not too keen on having a hose/pipe going from the tap and across the concrete path. Looking for suggestions on how to provision for backyard garden irrigation and potentially power for garden lighting.
reaver
Has anyone installed irrigation for their backyard? Metricon says that the tap at the back has to be attached to the house and can not be freestanding. Not too keen on having a hose/pipe going from the tap and across the concrete path. Looking for suggestions on how to provision for backyard garden irrigation and potentially power for garden lighting.

I had two extra taps installed free standing over gully’s in the backyard by metricon. I think it was a couple grand each. Nothing is cheap. Then the water pressure wasn’t enough to drive my pop up sprinklers in the end, so I had to run irrigation pipework for the backyard all the way to the free standing front yard tap anyway.
reaver

Can you get a conduit run under the path before concrete is laid? M can do that for you.
lincoln32
reaver

I had two extra taps installed free standing over gully’s in the backyard by metricon. I think it was a couple grand each. Nothing is cheap. Then the water pressure wasn’t enough to drive my pop up sprinklers in the end, so I had to run irrigation pipework for the backyard all the way to the free standing front yard tap anyway.
/quote]

Oh, and I also had them run conduit from the house to the fence perimeter in each direction for power at a later date. I think about $1k per run. The fools forgot to run the conduit from the slab up to the ceiling after the framing stage started installing the gyprock and insulation without doing it... basically leaving the conduit as inaccessible holes in the slab. Luckily I caught it in time when I popped in to look and stopped the work and made metricon put the conduit all the way to the roof space.
lincoln32
lincoln32
reaver

/quote]

Oh, and I also had them run conduit from the house to the fence perimeter in each direction for power at a later date. I think about $1k per run. The fools forgot to run the conduit from the slab up to the ceiling after the framing stage started installing the gyprock and insulation without doing it... basically leaving the conduit as inaccessible holes in the slab. Luckily I caught it in time when I popped in to look and stopped the work and made metricon put the conduit all the way to the roof space.

You're right, water pressure might be an issue. I might just do a run of PVC from the front tap to the backyard and make sure it is buried.

I don't quite understand running a conduit to your ceiling when you want them to go to your fence perimeter.
Quote:
You're right, water pressure might be an issue. I might just do a run of PVC from the front tap to the backyard and make sure it is buried.

I don't quite understand running a conduit to your ceiling when you want them to go to your fence perimeter.

Ahhh, the conduit needs to go up to the roof space so that you can get cables into it at a later date and pull them thru to the perimiter fence... otherwise it will be covered by the wall frame and insulation and you won’t be able to access it to get the cables in.
lincoln32
Quote:

Ahhh, the conduit needs to go up to the roof space so that you can get cables into it at a later date and pull them thru to the perimiter fence... otherwise it will be covered by the wall frame and insulation and you won’t be able to access it to get the cables in.

Okay, that makes sense
reaver

Hi, we’re in a rental at the moment but this is what the builder installed here. Very simple and works really well for grass and borders, we have 6 pop ups for grass and pressure is perfect on a 7m x 7m lawn.

There’s also cabling which appears to run from here

To here

Hope that helps.
Code128
reaver

Hi, we’re in a rental at the moment but this is what the builder installed here. Very simple and works really well for grass and borders, we have 6 pop ups for grass and pressure is perfect on a 7m x 7m lawn.

There’s also cabling which appears to run from here

To here

Hope that helps.

Thanks for putting up the pics. They look neatly done. I'll see if M can do something similar for our build.
reaver
This is only the case until they stuff up and have to retro fit a free standing tap on the side of the garage for us.

Our SM has left Metricon....really freaking out about this as he was so good. We have a new one...but hoping he is as good as our previous SM. Does anyone know how long before things start on site between handovers?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
emmyawards

This is from a report from Darabecca that gives the Australian Standards with regards to brick overhang. Basically 25mm is the most before the works are out of spec
Has anyone had their driveway and concrete path done through Metricon here in Melbourne? We're considering whether we go with them or do it our own after handover.
reaver
Has anyone had their driveway and concrete path done through Metricon here in Melbourne? We're considering whether we go with them or do it our own after handover.
We're having ours done but it's still a few weeks away

We are having them do an exposed aggregate driveway. Just didn't want the mess of mud coming into the garage/house at handover. You will pay a little more, but our concreter who will do some other concreting after handover said the m2 rate M are charging isn't too bad, considering they put a margin on it. But we are not at construction yet, so can't show you actual results!
Has anyone had to apply for planning permits with their council to build a single dwelling on their block? We have significant environmental overlays and need a planning permit before we can go for a building permit. Metricon have had their preferred town planners, Clement Stone quote us, and it seems excessive - $6250 incl GST to apply for and provide all documentation for the permit. Can anyone else share who they used and the costs from the town planner? This is in addition to the council fees for the permit, which are about $1400
Whats the planning permit for?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum