Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 369 of 433
blackcat20
Yes colorbond is an upgrade. It's better than tiles, more secure, less prone to leaks etc. No chance of broken tiles.

Has anyone heard of Boral roof? any opinions on this?
Lot4503
hi! im new here and we've just signed our build contract with metricon. The upgrade prices are overwhelming!!! I was a bit disappointed with some stuff that were supposed to have been discussed by our SC and on items which I think should be an inclusion given that the house we're building is part of their so-called designer range. I'm so in love with the house design, i'm just hoping we get a quality build.

For those in melbourne, which SS handled your build? Any recommendations? Not that we can choose our SS, but I just like to know who are good and not.

Thanks!

It depends on the area your in. We are Clyde district so we had an awesome SS. Having an excellent SS definitely matters when it comes to building. Been in this house a year, we had our own independent inspectors throughout our build, mind you Metricon inspector was just as brutal and we’ve been happy with the workmanship so far.
good luck with your journey

Lot4503
hi! im new here and we've just signed our build contract with metricon. The upgrade prices are overwhelming!!! I was a bit disappointed with some stuff that were supposed to have been discussed by our SC and on items which I think should be an inclusion given that the house we're building is part of their so-called designer range. I'm so in love with the house design, i'm just hoping we get a quality build.

For those in melbourne, which SS handled your build? Any recommendations? Not that we can choose our SS, but I just like to know who are good and not.

Thanks!

I have read on this forum that someone else from Melbourne had a great SS - his initials are SG. I am hoping we get a good one too!
Emmz70
Lot4503

Thanks!

It depends on the area your in. We are Clyde district so we had an awesome SS. Having an excellent SS definitely matters when it comes to building. Been in this house a year, we had our own independent inspectors throughout our build, mind you Metricon inspector was just as brutal and we’ve been happy with the workmanship so far.

Agree.. it all depends on the SS and the sub-contractors. We are building in the west suburbs. thank you so much!
do you mind giving me tips on private inspectors, when to do inspections, and anything to look out for pre-construction? how's your experience with M so far? sorry for all the questions! haha
Lot4503
Emmz70
Lot4503

Thanks!

Agree.. it all depends on the SS and the sub-contractors. We are building in the west suburbs. thank you so much!
do you mind giving me tips on private inspectors, when to do inspections, and anything to look out for pre-construction? how's your experience with M so far? sorry for all the questions! haha

Oh ok we are southeast. We went through Darbecca. Most of them provide a list of inspections required throughout the build. But we choose which ones we’d like done. We didn’t do all of them just the ones we thought we’re important to us. So we chose pre-slab and Slab inspection, framing, pre-plaster, plaster, waterproofing and final inspection. Our final Darbecca inspection was done on the day we had our PCI inspection and our SS and inspector were debating over a few things

sandymeo
I'm upgrading my ceiling height. M said windows and doors will be upgraded automatically. Doed this mean I have to pay for the doors upgrade and Windows upgrade. What about garage height?

Be careful as metricon in Sydney now don’t do step down in garage. Was told by my site superviser and consultant it isn’t standard anymore.

Jayjay84
sandymeo
I'm upgrading my ceiling height. M said windows and doors will be upgraded automatically. Doed this mean I have to pay for the doors upgrade and Windows upgrade. What about garage height?

Be careful as metricon in Sydney now don’t do step down in garage. Was told by my site superviser and consultant it isn’t standard anymore.

Good to know, I am building in Melb and it is a step down into garage - due to risk of floods.
sandymeo
Has anyone installed double glazed windows with metricon? Can you share your experience and product quality.
We didn't think twice and upgraded all windows to double glazed.

Renman
sandymeo
Has anyone installed double glazed windows with metricon? Can you share your experience and product quality.

likewise - under $3k to upgrade all the windows and doors to double-glazed
Drew01
Renman
sandymeo

We are getting quoted $8k. How many windows and door for $3k?
shokel1975
Lot4503

Thanks!

I have read on this forum that someone else from Melbourne had a great SS - his initials are SG. I am hoping we get a good one too!

ohhh SG. best of luck to us!
Ours was $3300 for all windows, then an extra $1000 for the stacker door.
sandymeo
Drew01
Renman
[quote="sandymeo"]Has anyone installed double glazed windows with metricon? Can you share your experience and product quality.

We are getting quoted $8k. How many windows and door for $3k?[/quote]21 and a stacker...

Has anyone had trouble is getting blind places to get back to you with a quote? I sent an email with dimensions etc.... two different places. One finally gets back to me wth a quote of $1100 for Sheer curtains them the block out was $3400. So in total $4500 for a set of stacker doors?

The other place never got back to me at all. Then someone from that place rings me. Totally unrelated to my quote. And asked me if I want someone to come out and quote my for curtains and blinds. I told them I already requested a quote but no one got back to me. Then she says oooh I will get him to contact you. That was Friday mind you.

Then today I ring up and asked why hasn’t that guy gotten back to me yet? She said I have no idea. But I will send something through to him to get back to you. I said forget it I don’t want him. Give me someone else who isn’t slack. Then she goes ok I will get the quote off him. Then I said the only reason I’m ringing you back is because of that nice lady that works for you that I met at the home show. Or else I would be going with someone else. She said oh ok. No worries. Then she said she will call me back in the afternoon. Really is it just me? Does it take that long to get a quote that’s already suppose to be done? And get them to ring me back

viewtopic.php?t=86597
sandymeo
Drew01
Renman
[quote="sandymeo"]Has anyone installed double glazed windows with metricon? Can you share your experience and product quality.

We are getting quoted $8k. How many windows and door for $3k?[/quote]

Ours was 20 windows 4 stackers and main doors 6.5k in 2016. All our Stacked doors, main door and 5 windows weren’t standard. Just check if that’s why your cost is high.

Try Spotlight for blinds, Doulton... They've got 40% of for EOFY, and their blinds are really good quality for the money

Drew01
Try Spotlight for blinds, Doulton... They've got 40% of for EOFY, and their blinds are really good quality for the money

I would but because I want it ceiling height I don’t want to stuff it up with installing it ourselves. I’m tempted thou. Cos I don’t like have cardboard at my stacker doors.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Drew01

I would but because I want it ceiling height I don’t want to stuff it up with installing it ourselves. I’m tempted thou. Cos I don’t like have cardboard at my stacker doors.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Spotlight will install as well

Does anyone in Melbourne know what the stain colours for the staircases are?

This is Black Japan. I know another colour is Chestnut, but not sure of other colours.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum