Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 348 of 433
emmyawards
Maps
emmyawards
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Maps"]We have had a very good experience with our SS. He has been absolutely awesome. This is our first build so was all new to us. Nothing has been too much for him. His attitude to the private inspector lists has been excellent. His take on it is that it is another pair of eyes! He just adds their list to his list and gets on with it.

We are certainly not building a Signature home but he cares greatly about what we think about how the build is going He is only a text or call away and we have had numerous meetings on site.

As a result of our good experience, we would like to build again! My significant other was wondering if it is possible to request a specific SS, assuming he still works at M!

Are you building in melbourne? He sounds like the same ss as ours? What’s his name?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I’ve been curious about who your SM is too Doultons. Ours is really good so far, friendly and things are going smoothly although still early days. Our slab manager had a lot of good things to say about him. His name starts with an N.

Sorry for the late reply. He is awesome. His name starts with a D and we are building in South East Melbourne.[/quote]

We are in south east too but mustn’t be too close to you. My SM is doing the two houses further down my street and around the corner. Funnily even though my suburb is a well established area it’s a haven for knockdown rebuilds and there are three metricon builds going on my street and one around the corner right at this moment!! At least my neighbours can’t complain about just me!

[/quote]

Ahhhh ok you would have a different one then. I think the ss who says two eyes are better then one. Are the ones that have nothing too hide.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
emmyawards
Maps
[quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Maps"]We have had a very good experience with our SS. He has been absolutely awesome. This is our first build so was all new to us. Nothing has been too much for him. His attitude to the private inspector lists has been excellent. His take on it is that it is another pair of eyes! He just adds their list to his list and gets on with it.

We are certainly not building a Signature home but he cares greatly about what we think about how the build is going He is only a text or call away and we have had numerous meetings on site.

As a result of our good experience, we would like to build again! My significant other was wondering if it is possible to request a specific SS, assuming he still works at M!

Are you building in melbourne? He sounds like the same ss as ours? What’s his name?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I’ve been curious about who your SM is too Doultons. Ours is really good so far, friendly and things are going smoothly although still early days. Our slab manager had a lot of good things to say about him. His name starts with an N.

Sorry for the late reply. He is awesome. His name starts with a D and we are building in South East Melbourne.[/quote]

We are in south east too but mustn’t be too close to you. My SM is doing the two houses further down my street and around the corner. Funnily even though my suburb is a well established area it’s a haven for knockdown rebuilds and there are three metricon builds going on my street and one around the corner right at this moment!! At least my neighbours can’t complain about just me!

[/quote]

Ahhhh ok you would have a different one then. I think the ss who says two eyes are better then one. Are the ones that have nothing too hide.

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]God I hope we get one of those

Drew01
Doulton777
emmyawards
[quote="Maps"][quote="emmyawards"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="Maps"]We have had a very good experience with our SS. He has been absolutely awesome. This is our first build so was all new to us. Nothing has been too much for him. His attitude to the private inspector lists has been excellent. His take on it is that it is another pair of eyes! He just adds their list to his list and gets on with it.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

[/quote]

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]God I hope we get one of those

[/quote]

I hope you do too. Ours has made the building process so good. That even when things were tough he didn’t show it. But always smiled and was happy to see us. Just found out recently his had some big headaches with it. Was a bit surprised as he never showed it or talked about it. He made things look like a breeze. And we are nearly at pci. The only headache we had while building. Was through admin. With different problems that arose.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Sent an email to our BSC to find out if we were getting the Clipsal iconic which was what we chose at selections or the Legrand which they changed over to shortly after we signed final contract (before we had even started on site). Our electrical consultant had told us we might have to change and I asked to be notified when pricing came in for the legrand products and never heard back.

Our BSC has come back saying we are getting the iconic and I think our electrical consultant has left Metricon cause his email address has bounced. Should I push to see if we can change over to the legrand? I can’t decide which ones are better. Thoughts?

emmyawards
Sent an email to our BSC to find out if we were getting the Clipsal iconic which was what we chose at selections or the Legrand which they changed over to shortly after we signed final contract (before we had even started on site). Our electrical consultant had told us we might have to change and I asked to be notified when pricing came in for the legrand products and never heard back.

Our BSC has come back saying we are getting the iconic and I think our electrical consultant has left Metricon cause his email address has bounced. Should I push to see if we can change over to the legrand? I can’t decide which ones are better. Thoughts?

Stick with the Clipsal, they’re considered a superior product by most electricians. My husband is not impressed that we will likely end up with the Legrand.
emmyawards

My sparky mates reckon that the LeGrand Excel Life range are just as good as the Clipsal 2000 series. If you like the ones with the blue lights around the mech, the lights can be added later for $6.60 (cost price). The white ring clips out, and the blue ring clips in and gets wired up for always on, on with lights or of with lights. Can also be wired with 2&3 way circuits to behave with the light circuit (unlike Clipsal Saturn's)

We detest the iconic range from Clipsal, so very happy to have changed over. Our second electrical consultant had left too (BL) ...

Our CSC made it happen after an email. Cost is the same as the Clipsal Iconic

Drew01
emmyawards

My sparky mates reckon that the LeGrand Excel Life range are just as good as the Clipsal 2000 series. If you like the ones with the blue lights around the mech, the lights can be added later for $6.60 (cost price). The white ring clips out, and the blue ring clips in and gets wired up for always on, on with lights or of with lights. Can also be wired with 2&3 way circuits to behave with the light circuit (unlike Clipsal Saturn's)

We detest the iconic range from Clipsal, so very happy to have changed over. Our second electrical consultant had left too (BL) ...

My husband is my sparky so I have to agree with him
Fair enough... Three of my closest mates are too, and they reckon after a combined 80+ years in the game that there's little difference between the two brands now that HPM and Legrand have lifted their game

Drew01
emmyawards

BL was ours too. Oh man dunno what to choose. I do like the mech functionalities that the iconic provide but I feel like the actual faceplate feels cheap compared to the legrand. Although I do like the look of the iconic better.

emmyawards
Drew01
emmyawards

BL was ours too. Oh man dunno what to choose. I do like the mech functionalities that the iconic provide but I feel like the actual faceplate feels cheap compared to the legrand. Although I do like the look of the iconic better.

BL is a registered A-Grade ... I think he's gone into the field with another builder.

Ultimately go wth what you like, if your other half is a sparky, you can change anything at any time you want anyway...

We wanted Clipsal slimline, but it's not available anymore through Metricon... I could have sourced the whole house in it, but you still need it fit off by them for warranty

I actually didn’t like the look of the basic HPM, they look a bit cheap to me. Husband will be able to get Clipsal products through work so worst case he can swap them all over. I want to swap some of our points to have a USB port anyway.
blackcat20
I actually didn’t like the look of the basic HPM, they look a bit cheap to me. Husband will be able to get Clipsal products through work so worst case he can swap them all over. I want to swap some of our points to have a USB port anyway.
Yeah, I'm doing the same. Converting all our doubles in bedrooms to USB charging, blue illuminated rings in all the main living areas on the rockers.

Saving about $1,500 doing it myself

blackcat20

Your hubby want to sell me any?? Hahaha

That’s what I’m doing with hafele stuff. Gonna get the soft close cupboard things post handover from my nephew who works there.

emmyawards
blackcat20

That’s what I’m doing with hafele stuff. Gonna get the soft close cupboard things post handover from my nephew who works there.

Now you tell us!!!

Drew01
emmyawards
blackcat20

Now you tell us!!!

Haha sorry. I got the soft close drawers through M though cause I heard it’s more work to do later.

emmyawards
Haha sorry. I got the soft close drawers through M though cause I heard it’s more work to do later.

Yeah, they're a bugger to retrofit... The only thing we considered doing ourselves was a double bin, as M charge nearly $900 for it, but we ended up without a bin cupboard altogether, and it will go under the sink instead

Hey everyone! We just did our presentation inspection last week and didn't sign the document that noted all the defects. After having to chase it up last week, not everything we spoke about was written in to the document. I'm planning on attaching a page with more items that we consider defects. Did this happen to anyone else? Kind of feeling like it was snuck away on purpose...
Drew01
emmyawards

Yeah, they're a bugger to retrofit... The only thing we considered doing ourselves was a double bin, as M charge nearly $900 for it, but we ended up without a bin cupboard altogether, and it will go under the sink instead

Speaking of which does anyone know what the actual name of the soft close for the cupboard doors are?

emmyawards
Drew01
emmyawards

Speaking of which does anyone know what the actual name of the soft close for the cupboard doors are?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
For me M charged $690 for double bin (2x38L). For a smaller one they charged $110. Both are Hafele.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum