Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 342 of 433
NthHome
Drew01
dulie
[quote="Drew01"]The second one looks like CrimeSafe...

We went with awning windows to overcome this issue

Awning windows are also restricted when on 2nd floor with no security screens...
Yeah, we're not too concerned about 12cm - that's plenty for an awning window to get a breeze in...

We've just added ceiling fan provisioning for hot nights, so we're not running the AC all the time, so crack a window and turn the fan on

We did this in the kids room. Wish we did in ours too

[/quote]It's not impossible to do it afterwards, the wall cavity to the light switches are rarely insulated

Did anyone get the Braemar evap cooling and do you know if it has a smartphone app?

For anyone thinking of a home theatre for their house , check out lifestyle store in north parramatta. We used the guys for our house and they are awesome !!!!! I can’t believe how good our home theatre is. Beyond anything I could have imagined!!!!!!!!

CamillaS
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the new window laws where you can't fully open a window that's more than 2m above ground surface... our windows can only open about 12cm...

Once u take owner of the house u can open them up wider. We have Series 300 awning windows. The manufacturer has advised me that u can be open to 30cms.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Renman
CamillaS
Can I ask what everyone thinks of the new window laws where you can't fully open a window that's more than 2m above ground surface... our windows can only open about 12cm...

Once u take owner of the house u can open them up wider. We have Series 300 awning windows. The manufacturer has advised me that u can be open to 30cms.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

That’s what hubby said too

viewtopic.php?t=86597
To all people who is planning to build with Metricon, please read my post below.

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90972
aujahua
To all people who is planning to build with Metricon, please read my post below.

Most of us in here have already started building with Metricon... I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad experience, but not all of us have.

CamillaS
aujahua

Most of us in here have already started building with Metricon... I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad experience, but not all of us have.

Thanks, but not all of us have good experience either.

Yes I agree. We all need to be vigilant no matter what builder we build with. Admin was a nightmare for us. And holding us up too and us wearing the late penalty.

But in saying that. My ss has been amazing. And has made building so easy. We are grateful for that.

But yes everyone make sure they are charging you correctly.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Did anyone deal with CSC with the name KG? How is she to deal with?
Need opinions. Metricon found a septic tank under my soil and are quoting $5750 to reengineer the slab so that it doesn’t put any weight on it and they can leave it in as they said it’s been in there for 40 odd years so the soil is all stable around it. Should I try getting my demo company to remove instead? Do you think it would be cheaper? Slab site manager said it would cost more to remove as they need to excavate a big hole and then fill and ensure the fill is stable.

I pay to dig it up for my own piece of mind but depends how much more we are talking.
emmyawards
Need opinions. Metricon found a septic tank under my soil and are quoting $5750 to reengineer the slab so that it doesn’t put any weight on it and they can leave it in as they said it’s been in there for 40 odd years so the soil is all stable around it. Should I try getting my demo company to remove instead? Do you think it would be cheaper? Slab site manager said it would cost more to remove as they need to excavate a big hole and then fill and ensure the fill is stable.

Ask to speak with the Intrax engineer assigned to your build to discuss the options

Hi Everyone has anyone negotiated a higher per week damage for delays with Metricon compared to $250 a week which is the minimum standard?

excited_builders
Hi Everyone has anyone negotiated a higher per week damage for delays with Metricon compared to $250 a week which is the minimum standard?

No one did i believe. And Metricon will not likely agree to negotiate. But because you are a customer who belives that M is the best builder on the market with good reputation - you should hold them to that and say If they are true to what they say-they shouldn't be worried to penalties of $150 per day (because its more relevant to the current market) in case things go wrong. You will not be excersising this clause if they do what they say - otherwise they are srewing you from day one, isn't it???
emmyawards

I would try and dig it out and replace with an underground water tank of same dimensions. Although might be a problem for maintenance if under the slab.

Speak to your building inspector and see what they suggest also.

K-Real
excited_builders

No one did i believe. And Metricon will not likely agree to negotiate. But because you are a customer who belives that M is the best builder on the market with good reputation - you should hold them to that and say If they are true to what they say-they shouldn't be worried to penalties of $150 per day (because its more relevant to the current market) in case things go wrong. You will not be excersising this clause if they do what they say - otherwise they are srewing you from day one, isn't it???

The HIA contact is there to protect both parties when things go wrong. With $30 per day in the additional liquidated damage clause there is no real incentive for the builder to complete things in a timely manner or workmanlike fashion. It allows the builder to hold out on rectifying defective works and then force you to the accept their poor workmanship before handover because your lease or money has run out. Everyone considering entering into a contract with Metricon, who offer $30 / day, should think very carefully about the actual costs of construction delays before signing up. Things can and do go wrong, and you need to have protection from Metricon's tactics which are aimed at forcing you to accept defective work just so you can move in. Once you accept the defective works it is unlikely they will honour their warranty and correct them afterwards. Ask your salesperson if they think $30 per day is reasonable. Get your lawyer to check the contract. Think very carefully about whether $30 per day is a fair & balanced amount and meets your own circumstances. Review this blog and the negative reviews in product review website and

to learn how Metricon treats its customers when thing go wrong. Buyer Beware!
Double bowl Undermount Sink prices charged by Metricon if anyone wants to know.
AFA Cubeline Reece Product No 9500399
$840.00
AFA Exact 9501823
$1020.00
AFA Verus 9501814
$850.00
Franke Bow 2008351
$1270
nomnomnom
emmyawards

I would try and dig it out and replace with an underground water tank of same dimensions. Although might be a problem for maintenance if under the slab.

Speak to your building inspector and see what they suggest also.

Ok so turns out our BSC got confused and said we needed 25 new piers. It should have been 25 total and we already had 21. So price is $1550. Thank God!

excited_builders

I did.

Try for $60 per day not the standard $30 per workingday.

LDs are meant to be your best estimate of costs you are likely to incur if they run late.

Only you can answer that and $60 per day may not even be enough as already alluded to.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum