Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 337 of 433
excited_builders
Hi All
We r back from annual leave....now have to catch up on tasks. The Electricity Pit co united energy has not come back to us and we put in the application in November
We have our tile appointment end Jan and contract signing early Feb.
We have to review the standard contract with a lawyer, dpi the electrical pit, find a Rental for at least a year..or is 9 months better? Pack n move out, Abolish our services ( any idea how long this takes? ) , book our building inspector and demolish our house. Seems like a lot to do.... Any tips will be appreciated. How long before contract signing did you get your contract to review? Also am i missing any key tasks ? Thanks all

From our experience.
You have to call UE on a regular bases to sure your application is process otherwise nothing get done.

Attend the tile store and pick out the tiles that you like, this will help speed up the process on the day and remove any second doubts that you might have as they really rush you in the day.

We didn’t bother to take the contract to our lawyer, figured that everyone has the same contract and no matter what your lawyers bring up I don’t think M will chance it.

Ask for a copy of the contract (HIA & Metricon) before hand to allow ample reading time.

Abolishment, you should allow yourself 7-8 weeks at least. Apply for demolition permit ASAP and then your demo guy can apply for the demolition approval.

Get a pre-approval from your bank loan ASAP, ask for 10-20% more than you think you need as you might decide you want to upgrade a few things, also having additional money can help with the driveway and landscaping post handover.

Good luck.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
I second what Renman said. UE are attrocious, and incompetent. You need to stay right on them.

We did our tile booking at Malvern rather than Oakleigh, and spent ages there beforehand, so made next to no changes.

My cousin is a property lawyer and he told us not to bother having the Metricon contact reviewed as it's not the type of thing they can risk getting wrong

Hey everyone
Have our studio appointment upcoming soon, we are building a Grandview 33.
Anyone have a rough estimate of what they shpebt upgrading to 600x600 tiles.
We have the standard 400x400 included but will be upgrading and I’m trying to work out costings.
Also from your experience is there any other nasty surprises at your Studio appointment that I should be allowing budget for?
Any and all insight will be super appreciated

Merv
Hi all, we are building with Metricon in Sydney and are experiencing delay after delay and it’s only been a few months since we gave the site over. Can other Sydney customers give us some idea if Metricon handed over on time (are there any?!) and if your build went over, how long was the delay from the contracted hand over date?

Hi Merv
We are building with M in Sydney. From December till date no major work has been done. I got a new SM in December and since then it has been extremely slow. Maybe due to Xmas season. We were expecting Handover by end of this month . But with this rate I can’t see a handover before March. Started construction on June 4th, 2017

deepugjacob
Merv
Hi all, we are building with Metricon in Sydney and are experiencing delay after delay and it’s only been a few months since we gave the site over. Can other Sydney customers give us some idea if Metricon handed over on time (are there any?!) and if your build went over, how long was the delay from the contracted hand over date?

Hi Merv
We are building with M in Sydney. From December till date no major work has been done. I got a new SM in December and since then it has been extremely slow. Maybe due to Xmas season. We were expecting Handover by end of this month . But with this rate I can’t see a handover before March. Started construction on June 4th, 2017

Hi Deepugjacob,

So sorry to hear about your delay. Since June!!! We started in August and are still optimistically expecting handover in April. What has been the cause of the delay? Hope it all moves quickly for you.
Merv

Merv

Hi Merv,

This is the question you will not know the answer till very end.
We have given the site to M in Nov 2016. They estimated first completion in July 2017 then it moved to Sept then it moved to October. Our contract finished in September. Its January 2018 and home still wasnt finally inspected by us as they are rerendering whole home and instaling carpet. Would i hope that i move in by the end of the month-sure! But the hope has been going from July (you always think they only need 2 weeks to complete) but its never like that. Don't expect it too quick. Which suburb you are building?
Maps
deepugjacob
Merv

Hi Merv

Hi Deepugjacob,

So sorry to hear about your delay. Since June!!! We started in August and are still optimistically expecting handover in April. What has been the cause of the delay? Hope it all moves quickly for you.

Not sure about the cause of delay. I guess it’s because of the change in site manager and unavailablity of tradies . The SM did mention that he was finding it extremely tough to get the painters to come and complete the job. Painting started early October and they still haven’t completed .

K-Real
Merv

Merv

Hi Merv,

We have given the site to M in Nov 2016. They estimated first completion in July 2017 then it moved to Sept then it moved to October. Our contract finished in September. Its January 2018 and home still wasnt finally inspected by us as they are rerendering whole home and instaling carpet. Would i hope that i move in by the end of the month-sure! But the hope has been going from July (you always think they only need 2 weeks to complete) but its never like that. Don't expect it too quick. Which suburb you are building?

God !!!! That’s scary. I am building in Cherrybrook.Typically it’s only tiling, carpets , kitchen appliances , shower screen and painting left for me from what I can see.... if it goes beyond March , they would really test my patience

deepugjacob
K-Real
Merv

Merv

Hi Merv,

God !!!! That’s scary. I am building in Cherrybrook.Typically it’s only tiling, carpets , kitchen appliances , shower screen and painting left for me from what I can see.... if it goes beyond March , they would really test my patience

Its all depends which area you are building. In Sydney Northern Beaches delays are abour 6 month. I've have 8 different site managers.Because there is a bottleneck with completing houses in you area you fall into a queue and you home will not be complated prior those that have started before yours.
deepugjacob
K-Real
Merv

Merv

Hi Merv,

Well I was in that stage in August 2017. Tested my patience and i just became numb after sometime
You must not think aboit it too much if you can..
K-Real
deepugjacob
K-Real
Merv"]Hi all, we are building with Metricon in Sydney and are experiencing delay after delay and it’s only been a few months since we gave the site over. Can other Sydney customers give us some idea if Metricon handed over on time (are there any?!) and if your build went over, how long was the delay from the contracted hand over date?

[quote="Merv

Hi Merv,

Well I was in that stage in August 2017. Tested my patience and i just became numb after sometime
You must not think aboit it too much if you can..[/quote]

Wow!!!! Thanks for the heads up... I will just try to forget it rather than keeping a close watch

Hi all, Would love to see how you’ve furnished/styled your sitting rooms. In particular, Glendale or Phoenix builders. Thank you xo
We started first week of April in 2017 and no handover in sight yet. However, there are 'extenuating circumstances'.

Have everyone's trades started up again? I think ours has, but my SM is not currently around.
I think some of M's tradies have started.

Our block is due to start any day now, and the excavator guy was onsite yesterday marking the cut and fill lines. He mentioned that should be today or tomorrow for the excavation to start.

Our SM also started back on Monday.

I wouldn't be surprised if things start getting into gear earlier, with the backlog they have they don't have the luxury of a long break.

But then it really depends on the SM/CM and also the area/availability etc. Its really luck of the draw in the end.
PVBuild
We started first week of April in 2017 and no handover in sight yet. However, there are 'extenuating circumstances'.

Have everyone's trades started up again? I think ours has, but my SM is not currently around.

Hi PVbuild
My SM is back but don’t think any tradies are back. All the stories about handover dates is very worrying as I have even paid my landscapers to start their work in March

I hear you. All my furniture is sitting in storage, I have paid for crossover permits for the council, I've given the concreter an upfront holding sum as well... My assumption is that we'll get it by late Feb, as we should have had it before Christmas. There was an issue the night before PCI (Nov) which caused a major water leak and the entire lower level had to be gutted of flooring / carpentry.
Hi all

I’ve just found this forum and have spent the last 30 minutes reading past pages!

My husband and I are currently building the Laguna 37MF. The bricks were finished before Christmas and we’re waiting on a few things to be finished and fixed before the outside is completed. Can’t wait to share the “journey”with the rest of you.
CamillaS
Hi all

I’ve just found this forum and have spent the last 30 minutes reading past pages!

My husband and I are currently building the Laguna 37MF. The bricks were finished before Christmas and we’re waiting on a few things to be finished and fixed before the outside is completed. Can’t wait to share the “journey”with the rest of you.

Sound good. Welcome! Cannot wait to see it
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum