Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 334 of 433
excited_builders
excited_builders
Renman
[quote="excited_builders"][quote="SANDYFAN"][quote="PVBuild"]Ours was a KDR on a sloping site. We had fixed site costs (astronomical, but any method of building was always going to be expensive for us), but had a provisional line item for rock. Thankfully we didn't need to use that line item.

What’s ur soil class and how much did you end up paying for the site cost?
My husband is panicking majorly now that we have to sign the PC tomorrow, did anyone review your Preliminary Contract before you signed? Like a lawyer, site inspector or architect for the site cost portion? Any guidance will be appreciated.

The PC is rewritten when it comes to Final contract time. Don’t stress too much, just make sure the promotion upgrades are in there.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t[/quote]Ok thanks so much....he is worried about our site costs going further up as many items are stated as Provisional. Will let him know though....

[/quote]Our upgraded slab costs are $27k. Did anyone else's slab cost that much...what were your slab costs. I will take a screen shot and attempt to put it here

[/quote]

That’s a standard provision clause.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
excited_builders
Our upgraded slab costs are $27k. Did anyone else's slab cost that much...what were your slab costs. I will take a screen shot and attempt to put it here

]<cough> $65k </cough>

Our site costs were $65k but we’ve just been invoiced for an extra $1800 for traffic management as the provisional cost didn’t cover it all.
In our Prelim pricing it was $45k and then went to $65k for final contract.

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
JLH222
Our site costs were $65k but we’ve just been invoiced for an extra $1800 for traffic management as the provisional cost didn’t cover it all.
In our Prelim pricing it was $45k and then went to $65k for final contract.

Metricon Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Thats Scary....Anyway the good news is the PC signing went smoothly. Our consultant was very accommodating and put in some notes in our variation to clarify our doubts on certain clauses. So now we have signed the PC and paid our 2nd deposit.
On the Studio side we have finished electrical, exterior and interior and will get our paperwork on Tuesday after which we have 5 days to make changes. Still not sure how that works as our Sc said we can still make non structural changes until Contract signing. Anyway I am sure some of you will shed some light on this for me.
Thanks again for all your support...its pretty daunting as it is, having this support is awesome!

After signing the provisional contract & paying the deposit. How much added cost will there be when it comes to the contract stage? Not including the studio appointment. Also what is everyone's estimate extra they paid after studioM?
I just want to get a balm park if the actual cost of the build!!!
Vet
After signing the provisional contract & paying the deposit. How much added cost will there be when it comes to the contract stage? Not including the studio appointment. Also what is everyone's estimate extra they paid after studioM?

Could be anything, just depends on your budget and selection taste. I know many on the forum ended up at double their base house price.
if anyone is wondering. M shutdown on 22 Dec and reopen on 2 Jan. This is admin only. I’m not sure what the Construction guys do as they could be up to 3 weeks.

That said, this time last year my slab had just been laid and the frame up by xmas but I was still waiting for the roof to be done by christmas day which it didn’t happen but come 2 or 3 of Jan, the roof went up!

Vet

My initial estimate was $560K, PC was $640K and final is $780K. This excludes floorboards, Carpets, cooking appliances and fireplace.

Vet

They tried to put the base price of the house up on us, so keep an eye out for that... no excuses for that changing!
george27
Vet

They tried to put the base price of the house up on us, so keep an eye out for that... no excuses for that changing!

They are entitled to change their price every 3 months (CPI) unless you have made the deposit or you haven’t not signed the final contract by a given date.

Renman
george27
Vet

They are entitled to change their price every 3 months (CPI) unless you have made the deposit or you haven’t not signed the final contract by a given date.

Hi All
M gave us this list of building surveyors to choose from. Any recommendations for us please we are in South East Melbourne.
Thanks

excited_builders
Renman
george27

Hi All
M gave us this list of building surveyors to choose from. Any recommendations for us please we are in South East Melbourne.
Thanks

If you are "inner urban" you'll have to go with Group 4 and if you are "Greenfields" you'll have Checkpoint. There is only one option in each location.
blackcat20
excited_builders
Renman
[quote="george27"]They tried to put the base price of the house up on us, so keep an eye out for that... no excuses for that changing!

Hi All
Thanks

If you are "inner urban" you'll have to go with Group 4 and if you are "Greenfields" you'll have Checkpoint. There is only one option in each location.[/quote]Oops missed that....thanks

DRT
I am finding the same issue i tried talking to my CSC and her team leader explaining that the whole point of depositing well in advance was to lock in the prices but i was told that its only to lock in base price and all other upgrades are subject to price rise during the time of your appointment.

Yes the deposit locks in the base price and upgrades at the time of deposit. Anything during appointment which can be months away is subject to price increase. I got lucky even though there was 2 price increase between my deposit and appointment. My SC was good and I worked with her to figure out all my potential upgrades during Preliminary Contract to lock in price eg upgrades door width/height, appliance, tapware, garage door and opener, render, stair, heater, free standing bath, drain, cabinetry, and sink all in the PC. I found out about the price increase when I removed an item at Contract signing stage but added it back in at appointment. When I complained, pricing dept agreed to honour the price at preliminary contract.

My advise is to plan ahead and add all your big upgrades at preliminary contract. Visit the M-Studio and see what's available. I know it's overwhelming at the beginning but will save heaps. It's easier to remove during Contract and appointment (cos you know the price) then to get a panic attack looking at variations from appointment. Plus having the price in preliminary contract will mean you know how much home loan to get. It's a hassle to do a variation on home loan with your bank.

NabeelC | Metricon Merricks 38 | Queensland
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86276
excited_builders
blackcat20
excited_builders
[quote="Renman"][quote="george27"]They tried to put the base price of the house up on us, so keep an eye out for that... no excuses for that changing!

Hi All
Thanks

If you are "inner urban" you'll have to go with Group 4 and if you are "Greenfields" you'll have Checkpoint. There is only one option in each location.[/quote]Oops missed that....thanks

[/quote]Hi All just wanted to see where you have placed ducted heating air vents can anyone share electrical plan diagrams or let me know if the ones I have shared needs any changes? Thanks

Nabeelc
DRT
I am finding the same issue i tried talking to my CSC and her team leader explaining that the whole point of depositing well in advance was to lock in the prices but i was told that its only to lock in base price and all other upgrades are subject to price rise during the time of your appointment.

Yes the deposit locks in the base price and upgrades at the time of deposit. Anything during appointment which can be months away is subject to price increase. I got lucky even though there was 2 price increase between my deposit and appointment. My SC was good and I worked with her to figure out all my potential upgrades during Preliminary Contract to lock in price eg upgrades door width/height, appliance, tapware, garage door and opener, render, stair, heater, free standing bath, drain, cabinetry, and sink all in the PC. I found out about the price increase when I removed an item at Contract signing stage but added it back in at appointment. When I complained, pricing dept agreed to honour the price at preliminary contract.

My advise is to plan ahead and add all your big upgrades at preliminary contract. Visit the M-Studio and see what's available. I know it's overwhelming at the beginning but will save heaps. It's easier to remove during Contract and appointment (cos you know the price) then to get a panic attack looking at variations from appointment. Plus having the price in preliminary contract will mean you know how much home loan to get. It's a hassle to do a variation on home loan with your bank.

Hi Nabeelc your post reminded me of something. When do u start the finance approval process with the bank. We have signed our PC and contract signing will be in mid Jan. Thanks

Bank will use your contract to value your house (as there is no physical house to value) so they can figure out LMI etc. You can get preapproval before that but that's based on your income and expense, not the house and land. Bank will revalue the preapproval when they get the contract and set the final loan amount.

Your CSC will ask for proof of fund after all variations from appoint are done before they provide you with site start date. You have to show the loan (and/or cash to make up any difference) as proof. M won't start site work without you being able to prove you can fund the build.

I recommend that you get preapproval so you know how much you can afford before approaching M, then send the contract to bank as soon as you get it to start the loan approval process. Bank usually takes up to 21 days. That way you will have your approval by the time you get to M-Studio appointment. If you spend too much at M-Studio, then you will need to send the variation to bank to increase the loan amount.

We got preapproval early on in the process, then got the loan sorted after contract but before the land titled.
Well said Nabeelc.

Hey guys, just wondering if Anyone knows of Metricon has an emergency number for out of hours?

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum