Page 298 of 433
Drew01
Renman
Drew01
That looks like surfmist to me...

So Surfmist is more of a white based?

It's a creamy white, with a bit of a grey tone to it

Should be able to get a colour card at Bunnings for all the colorbond colours

We are thinking of changing it to Surfmist from Dune with the hope it would be similar or match with Lexicon Quarter on the window frames.

Will have to pop into Bunnings and get some sample.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Dune is a more sand like colour from memory

Drew01
Dune is a more sand like colour from memory

Doe, Dune, Lexicon Q and Surfmist

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
lincoln32
excited_builders
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and not sure of this is the right place to post but we are starting our KDR process with Metricon and are planning to build the Glendale 50. Any advice would be great...it all seems really daunting in terms of what ****** ahead. If this is the right forum, I will then post what we have done so far. Thanks

My recommendations:

Start a spreadsheet to record everything:

Worksheet 1 - Questions
Date, Question Asked, Answer from Metricon

Worksheet 2 - Pricing
Date, Item, Cost, Desired or Must-Have

Things to consider:

* Upgrade your insulation for ceiling and walls
* Sarking in the roof - someone else already mentioned this
* Whirlybird vents in the roof
* Increase window sizes - but be prepared for increased curtain costs too!
* Type of glass for windows - double glazing, sound proofing, thermal proofing
* Water point for fridge
* Increase garage and garage door
* Higher ceilings and door height
* Eaves around the house

Stuff to think about doing yourself afterwards:

* Air conditioning
* Tiling and carpeting . (but I had M do my tiling)
* Rainwater tank
* Pathway and driveway (but I had M do mine)
* Stormwater . (but I had M do mine)
Thanks Lincoln32...question what is whirlybird vents in the roof? We have not upgraded insulation ....did not realise these would not be what it should be! Will check in with our sales consultant...Thanks ...we have taken rainwater tank connected to the toilets and pathway n driveway. We have not taken air conditioning yet...still thinking about this one....

[quote="elieassi1992"]Looks awesome Jess! I'm building a hebel house as well (Glendale with isla facade).

It's so hard to find photos of that facade in hebel for inspiration
/quote]Hi we too our building a Glendale....n have just paid our initial deposit.

excited_builders
lincoln32
excited_builders
Hi everyone I am new to this forum and not sure of this is the right place to post but we are starting our KDR process with Metricon and are planning to build the Glendale 50. Any advice would be great...it all seems really daunting in terms of what ****** ahead. If this is the right forum, I will then post what we have done so far. Thanks

My recommendations:

Start a spreadsheet to record everything:

Worksheet 1 - Questions
Date, Question Asked, Answer from Metricon

Worksheet 2 - Pricing
Date, Item, Cost, Desired or Must-Have

Things to consider:

* Upgrade your insulation for ceiling and walls
* Sarking in the roof - someone else already mentioned this
* Whirlybird vents in the roof
* Increase window sizes - but be prepared for increased curtain costs too!
* Type of glass for windows - double glazing, sound proofing, thermal proofing
* Water point for fridge
* Increase garage and garage door
* Higher ceilings and door height
* Eaves around the house

Stuff to think about doing yourself afterwards:

* Air conditioning
* Tiling and carpeting . (but I had M do my tiling)
* Rainwater tank
* Pathway and driveway (but I had M do mine)
* Stormwater . (but I had M do mine)

Thanks Lincoln32...question what is whirlybird vents in the roof? We have not upgraded insulation ....did not realise these would not be what it should be! Will check in with our sales consultant...Thanks ...we have taken rainwater tank connected to the toilets and pathway n driveway. We have not taken air conditioning yet...still thinking about this one....

The vent things on the roof like in this picture- there is probably a better name for them, but I have always called them whirly bird vents and people here in SA generally know what that means

I had my ceiling insulation upgraded from R4 to R6, and the external walls from R2 to R2.5 Soundbreak for extra sound proofing. I then also had R2 insulation put in for all internal walls too.
Hi everyone..... We are building the Salamanca 37 and wanted to get your thoughts on whether we should put a sliding door on the entry to the butlers pantry? For those who have or haven't are u happy? I'm A bit confused about this as I think it looks much better to delete the sliding door and widen/ heighten the entry as in the displays however most people recommend a door for the convenience of being able to hide away your mess..

PharmaG
Hi everyone..... We are building the Salamanca 37 and wanted to get your thoughts on whether we should put a sliding door on the entry to the butlers pantry? For those who have or haven't are u happy? I'm A bit confused about this as I think it looks much better to delete the sliding door and widen/ heighten the entry as in the displays however most people recommend a door for the convenience of being able to hide away your mess..

We are building the doulton with Metricon. And I agree it's better to put a door at butlers. We nearly put a sliding door but decided not too. As we didn't want to loose the space where the door hangs out of it it's opened. Easy to get a things through cos open it will open wider and fit things through there.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
PharmaG

We are building the doulton with Metricon. And I agree it's better to put a door at butlers. We nearly put a sliding door but decided not too. As we didn't want to loose the space where the door hangs out of it it's opened. Easy to get a things through cos open it will open wider and fit things through there.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We haven't finished but we put a sliding Door into the Butlers pantry. It was a worry for a little while but we think it should be good

Hi,

We are building the Bayville 49 through Metricon. Thanks for all the great posts and ideas on what we should be considering!
We are just in the process of choosing windows and would prefer aluminium to reduce ongoing maintenance. We have looked at the windows available from Wideline (who we have been told are Metricon's only supplier...). We have concerns about the quality of the windows as they don't look as sturdy or as good quality as Stegbar or another local supplier we have seen.

If anyone has any feedback on the windows they selected, I would be very grateful. Were you happy with them? Did you get them through Wideline or another supplier? Did you also get flyscreens through Metricon?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Rachael
Doulton777
PharmaG

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We haven't finished but we put a sliding Door into the Butlers pantry. It was a worry for a little while but we think it should be good

rachael_sanders
Hi,

We are building the Bayville 49 through Metricon. Thanks for all the great posts and ideas on what we should be considering!
We are just in the process of choosing windows and would prefer aluminium to reduce ongoing maintenance. We have looked at the windows available from Wideline (who we have been told are Metricon's only supplier...). We have concerns about the quality of the windows as they don't look as sturdy or as good quality as Stegbar or another local supplier we have seen.

If anyone has any feedback on the windows they selected, I would be very grateful. Were you happy with them? Did you get them through Wideline or another supplier? Did you also get flyscreens through Metricon?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Rachael
In Melbourne, they use Southern Star Windows. The series 300 are quite decent

NthHome
Doulton777
PharmaG

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We went with a door, the sliding door didn't make sense for us as we wanted to have more space for the fridge and a regular door simply open onto the walled we'd had in place.

Build thread: http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995
Only other tip I'd add to anyone building is up the late deliver fee! The $30 a day or $100/$500 a week isn't enough for all the pain you go through.

M shouldn't be paying it anyway as they should finish way before, but if there's going to be a penalty it needs to have an actual impact to you and M to be worth having in the contract. Don't expect "those are our standard terms" taking your build to office of fair trading is much harder than a conversation whilst drawing up the contract. Hope that helps.

NthHome
Doulton777
PharmaG

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We are building the Glendale 50 n we have a door to the Pantry which we have converted to a butlers pantry with sink n overhead n underbench cupboards. If there was no door, we would have put one in to hide the clutter if any.

NRyde Glendale37+
Only other tip I'd add to anyone building is up the late deliver fee! The $30 a day or $100/$500 a week isn't enough for all the pain you go through.

M shouldn't be paying it anyway as they should finish way before, but if there's going to be a penalty it needs to have an actual impact to you and M to be worth having in the contract. Don't expect "those are our standard terms" taking your build to office of fair trading is much harder than a conversation whilst drawing up the contract. Hope that helps.

Hi NRyde..did you put this in and how difficult was it to negotiate? It would be great to get your insights Also has anyone used a lawyer to review the contract before they signed?

Jayjay84
excited_builders
Hi All we just signed the quote and paid the initial $2500 deposit....now to get ready for the next steps...I will upload our standard plans for suggestions on any changes that we should make. Is anyone else building a glendale 50 with Metricon? Also we are researching demolition companies in Melbourne...any suggestions on what to look for and approximate costs? Thanks all

We are about to build the Nolan 50 which is almost the same floor plan I'm sure. What changes have u made

Hi Jayjay84 we have increased the ceilings , converted the pantry into butlers pantry, added double doors to thr rumpus, taken the 5th guest bedroom option in lieu of sitting, closed the wall opening between thr family and rumpus There were a lot of other non structural upgrades. What changes did you make to the Nolan 50 plan?

excited_builders
NRyde Glendale37+

Hi NRyde..did you put this in and how difficult was it to negotiate? It would be great to get your insights Also has anyone used a lawyer to review the contract before they signed?

We were told no changes possible but argued a clause on the contract and got it changed. It was something along the lines of creating a joint bank account between myself and m for payment so they were assured they get their money since I wasn't taking a loan for the whole construction fee. That was never going to happen! Create a joint bank account !!!! Seriously .So they changed it .

excited_builders
NthHome
Doulton777
[quote="PharmaG"]Hi everyone..... We are building the Salamanca 37 and wanted to get your thoughts on whether we should put a sliding door on the entry to the butlers pantry? For those who have or haven't are u happy? I'm A bit confused about this as I think it looks much better to delete the sliding door and widen/ heighten the entry as in the displays however most people recommend a door for the convenience of being able to hide away your mess..

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We are building the Glendale 50 n we have a door to the Pantry which we have converted to a butlers pantry with sink n overhead n underbench cupboards. If there was no door, we would have put one in to hide the clutter if any.

[/quote]

Thanks for your input everyone! Seems like most people prefer a door into the butlers pantry to have the option to close it off-l

We thinking of the below look- opening up the butlers so it looks like more of an extension to the kitchen- but not too sure how practical it is!

excited_builders
NRyde Glendale37+

No I didn't but now that I'm over 6 months behind contractual completion if I had I'd have cover my landscaping off and then some. I'm sure it would also have helped focus M in moving our job forward.

I don't think there's much in the way of lawyer review, but as per other comments you can get things changed

I would, in hindsight, also have a clear clause added that "if Metricon change any of your selections or design that a flat penalty of $2000 will be paid as well as a full refund of the original item" it's similar to what we have to sign up to when we make our selections.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum