Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 246 of 433
JLH222
Emmz70
JLH222
[quote="Emmz70"][quote="dulie"][quote="Emmz70"]Did anyone else get a Clipsal variation because they've discontinued accessories. They've now updated to these. I'm not complaining lol

No way!!! I must have just missed out on the new goodies =(

I know never do they offer something better

Was shocked lol

Emmz, how did they let you know about this? I hope I get the new ones too
??

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012[/quote]

We received an email Monday from our building coordinator, so keep an eye out for yours. ??
Quite like the colour of chrome shadow might throw in a colour change as well. No harm in asking lol

[/quote]

Great! Thanks, Emmz
????

I'm so gonna keep my fingers crossed for the new ones!!!

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

techau
Neville S
Renman
[quote="techau"][quote="Neville S"][quote="techau"]Hey all, just wondering if anyone else opted for a wall run at Studio M.. we did x2 one for the.lounge, one for the rumpus.

It's currently just blank plates.. anyone else have this ?

Top photo is where the wall mounted tv will go, bottom is where the Samsung single cable will emerge to their HDMI box that'll sit in the lowline unit.

Sorry do you mean conduit in the wall to run cables? I have them in the three areas where we will put the three TVs.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665

Yep.. so that made me look back through the contract.. can't believe how many times I've ready through it and only just noticed it does say blank plates.

The conduit is about $300 for one.

[/quote]

It is a massive cost for what it really is, just a pipe and two wall plates.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665[/quote]
Sure is, but getting a slick final look, I'm hoping is worth it.[/quote]
Hence we only did it for the main family room.

The others we will do post handover.

Spotme
Neville S
Renman
[quote="techau"][quote="Neville S"][quote="techau"]Hey all, just wondering if anyone else opted for a wall run at Studio M.. we did x2 one for the.lounge, one for the rumpus.

Top photo is where the wall mounted tv will go, bottom is where the Samsung single cable will emerge to their HDMI box that'll sit in the lowline unit.

Sorry do you mean conduit in the wall to run cables? I have them in the three areas where we will put the three TVs.

My Journey

Yep.. so that made me look back through the contract.. can't believe how many times I've ready through it and only just noticed it does say blank plates.

[/quote]

My Journey

Unfortunately, any non-standard item is charged at a ridiculous price, eg extra noggin, just a piece of wood at around $60?

[/quote]

How can you tell where existing noggins are so you know if you need to add more?

Spotme
Emmz70
Did anyone else get a Clipsal variation because they've discontinued accessories. They've now updated to these. I'm not complaining lol

My build just started, hopefully I'llget a new & improved version!
No variation received yet

I got the Zen series for the visible areas on the ground floor.

I prefer the old classic ones.

Emmz70
JLH222
Emmz70
[quote="dulie"][quote="Emmz70"]Did anyone else get a Clipsal variation because they've discontinued accessories. They've now updated to these. I'm not complaining lol

No way!!! I must have just missed out on the new goodies =(

I know never do they offer something better

Was shocked lol

Emmz, how did they let you know about this? I hope I get the new ones too
??

We received an email Monday from our building coordinator, so keep an eye out for yours. ??
Quite like the colour of chrome shadow might throw in a colour change as well. No harm in asking lol

[/quote]

Oh they look pretty cool! How thick are they I wonder? I quite like the slimness of the current ones but find they don't always sit great against the wall!!

Oh and chrome shadow I think is colour range from current ones not new ones?

DRT
Hi All
If the builder has put in retaining walls on the plan to be done by owner, is it compulsory to do it or is it just a suggestion from the builder. Thanks

Your Council/CDC approval may require it to be done before you can get your occupation certificate.

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846
Renman
Spotme
Emmz70
Did anyone else get a Clipsal variation because they've discontinued accessories. They've now updated to these. I'm not complaining lol

Yeah, I got some slimline ones in the open areas and the normal ones upstairs..

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Spotme
[quote="Emmz70"]Did anyone else get a Clipsal variation because they've discontinued accessories. They've now updated to these. I'm not complaining lol

Yeah, I got some slimline ones in the open areas and the normal ones upstairs..

viewtopic.php?t=82846[/quote]

I did a final electrical variation today and they still had the slimline ones. Hope that they don't change it as the Slimline and Zen compliment each other as they both have round light switches.

Our sub contractors have been a bit busy over the last couple of days. We had our first walk through (and stepped onto the land for the first time) this morning. We had a bunch of guys there to lay the bricks and 2 or 3 guys completing the plastering.

Good luck to all those in Sydney whose build is at the framing stage. 3rd week of my frames soaking wet and sane weather forecast next week

emmyawards
Spotme
Neville S
[quote="Renman"][quote="techau"][quote="Neville S"][quote="techau"]Hey all, just wondering if anyone else opted for a wall run at Studio M.. we did x2 one for the.lounge, one for the rumpus.

My Journey

[/quote]

My Journey

Unfortunately, any non-standard item is charged at a ridiculous price, eg extra noggin, just a piece of wood at around $60?

[/quote]

How can you tell where existing noggins are so you know if you need to add more?

[/quote]

Can't remember if there were any noggins coming as standard.. We had to add extra for all the tv walls and the dryer in the laundry.

I don't think noggins are a standard option.

We have our QA walkthrough scheduled for Wednesday.. any tips ?
techau

I'm interested in the response to this also as we are getting close to this point too!

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

M and T
techau

I'm interested in the response to this also as we are getting close to this point too!

I would like to know if anyone took a 3rd party building inspector to their practical completion meeting, if they found it helpful. And if in Brisbane, could anyone recommend one to me?

Shez84
M and T
techau

I would like to know if anyone took a 3rd party building inspector to their practical completion meeting, if they found it helpful. And if in Brisbane, could anyone recommend one to me?

My husband asked me the same thing last night and I said that we definitely needed to get and independent inspector at least for slab, frame and PCI. Metricon have inspectors but they work for them so not sure how "independent" they are.

emmyawards
Shez84
M and T
[quote="techau"]We have our QA walkthrough scheduled for Wednesday.. any tips ?

My husband asked me the same thing last night and I said that we definitely needed to get and independent inspector at least for slab, frame and PCI. Metricon have inspectors but they work for them so not sure how "independent" they are.

[/quote]

We didn't get an independent check for the slab and frame. I thought about it but We decided definitely at the PCI, because neither of us has a clue what we are looking for.

Shez84
M and T
techau

We did we're Melbourne based. Slab inspection was an important one for us from slab heave issues they had years ago. So we've done 3 inspections already, just 3 more to go includes water roofing

I'd do it for some peace of mind, never regretted do this

Emmz70
Shez84
M and T

We did we're Melbourne based. Slab inspection was an important one for us from slab heave issues they had years ago. So we've done 3 inspections already, just 3 more to go includes water roofing

I'd do it for some peace of mind, never regretted do this

[/quote]

Emm,

Who did you got with?

What 6 inspections did/are you getting? Slab, frame etc?

It's not a cheap thing to have if you have a double story, if they pick up faults then it pays off itself.

emmyawards
Shez84
M and T

[/quote]

We have booked one for all stages, costing close to $3k, but worth it for peace of mind as niether hubby nor I can visit the site regularly, even if we did, there are so many things we would miss anyway...
We are using Houspect, not sure if they are in Qld

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum