Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 238 of 433
pauldab
And ours was 9 months.... but actual build has taken 5 months to the day (even after counting the xmas shutdown).

Temp fences up and site scrape 26 Sept 2016
Handover tomorrow!

Seems to be entirely dependent on who your SM is, ours had stuff happening almost daily!

That's great! What area have you been building in ??

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

pauldab
And ours was 9 months.... but actual build has taken 5 months to the day (even after counting the xmas shutdown).

Handover tomorrow!

Seems to be entirely dependent on who your SM is, ours had stuff happening almost daily!

Awesome!!
Congrats and happy moving in

kylz4
Our contract period is just under 11 months in vic, crazy!!!

Wow
So much variation in build time!!

pauldab

Handover tomorrow!

Awesome news. Congrats for the big move

pauldab

Handover tomorrow!

Fantastic news! Congrats on your handover. How long ago was your practical completion?

Your build timeline makes me excited. Our house is 18 sq m.

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Shez84
pauldab

Handover tomorrow!

Fantastic news! Congrats on your handover. How long ago was your practical completion?

Your build timeline makes me excited. Our house is 18 sq m.

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

PCI was done 2 weeks ago, only had paint touchups and getting some things like missing shelves installed but as I mentioned our SM was all over it.
Anyone know what these pipes are? Located garage and can't locate them on our plans

That looks like your external tap Emmz
The top white one, does it have an orange cord in it? If so, will be your phone/broadband.

The one sudden the bottom could also be phone/broadband, although being orange, more likely to be power

dulie

Ohhh I see it now it's on my land plans

Thank you

Emmz70
Anyone know what these pipes are? Located garage and can't locate them on our plans

Yep, thats the external fresh water tap.

Those grey things are a plug used by the plumbers to cap off an outlet.
Emmz70
dulie

Thank you

Also take a good look a the gas inlet pipe, it should be copper or gal, however that yellow jacket makes me worry it may be the multi layer pipe which should never be exposed to the elements.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-03/i ... sk/8085022

This article has a pic of a feed to a HWS that is incorrect (you can click on the image to see it more clearly).
Drew01
The top white one, does it have an orange cord in it? If so, will be your phone/broadband.

The one sudden the bottom could also be phone/broadband, although being orange, more likely to be power

I will inspect later today

pauldab
Emmz70
dulie

Thank you

Also take a good look a the gas inlet pipe, it should be copper or gal, however that yellow jacket makes me worry it may be the multi layer pipe which should never be exposed to the elements.

This article has a pic of a feed to a HWS that is incorrect (you can click on the image to see it more clearly).

Yes just noticed it yesterday, found it very odd

I didn't look inside but will now

Emmz70
pauldab

Yes just noticed it yesterday, found it very odd

I didn't look inside but will now

Multi layer pipe is fine for internal use, the issue is when it is outside as UV will degrade the material.

http://metropolis.melbourne/shell-be-ri ... -urgently/

I saw hundreds of these types of installs back when I was working on sites around Melbourne.
pauldab
Emmz70
dulie

Thank you

Thanks for this Paul I understand what your saying because our outdoor one looks like this and that one doesn't, I will definitely look into it

Outdoor

We finally signed with Metricon today. Building the Hampshire 42 with amendments.
emmyawards
We finally signed with Metricon today. Building the Hampshire 42 with amendments.

Congrats! We're getting our estimate today so fingers crossed it's not going to give me sticker shock!
Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.
emmyawards
Gotta find a demo company. We got a quote from the one our friend and my parents used and they've quoted $14.5k. Does that seem reasonable? The house is old so I'm thinking it has asbestos.

That sounds quite reasonable. But yeah, make sure it includes ALL asbestos that is found. There's been a few companies that have charged "extra" for more than expected asbestos found on site.

And well done on the house choice! Hampshire all the way! hehe
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum