Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 225 of 433
Very cool Jason, I saw it on your blog earlier on...

Might have to swing past and see our Sales Consultant tomorrow and grab one. Interestingly, I was at Studio/M last night and it was never mentioned

Drew01
Very cool Jason, I saw it on your blog earlier on...

Might have to swing past and see our Sales Consultant tomorrow and grab one. Interestingly, I was at Studio/M last night and it was never mentioned

Yeah I was under NDA till today, so not surprised it wasnt discussed yesterday.
Quirmeball1280
Renman
A nice M house built around the corner from our place.

Oh wow! That's similar to our fascade and exterior colour scheme. Hope our one turns out ok too..

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846

Let me know if you want any pics as a point of reference

I did notice one thing that I didn't like. The hot water system was installed on the side of the house which blocks the walk way. Could have been better located in the stair case niche 500mm away.

Renman
Quirmeball1280
Renman
A nice M house built around the corner from our place.

Oh wow! That's similar to our fascade and exterior colour scheme. Hope our one turns out ok too..

viewtopic.php?t=82846

I did notice one thing that I didn't like. The hot water system was installed on the side of the house which blocks the walk way. Could have been better located in the stair case niche 500mm away.

Thanks Renman, our aircon unit is in the stair case niche but our HWU is kindof hidden behind our garage

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Quirmeball1280
[quote="Renman"]A nice M house built around the corner from our place.

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Thanks Renman, our aircon unit is in the stair case niche but our HWU is kindof hidden behind our garage

viewtopic.php?t=82846[/quote]

I have requested to have the aircon in the niche as well but it might not fit. If it doesn't the hot HWU will go there.

Renman
Quirmeball1280
Renman
[quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="Renman"]A nice M house built around the corner from our place.

viewtopic.php?t=82846

I have requested to have the aircon in the niche as well but it might not fit. If it doesn't the hot HWU will go there.

[/quote]
Be aware that plumbing rules may dictate a hws needs to be in an open area.
pauldab
Renman
Quirmeball1280
[quote="Renman"][quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="Renman"]A nice M house built around the corner from our place.

viewtopic.php?t=82846

[/quote]
Be aware that plumbing rules may dictate a hws needs to be in an open area.[/quote]

Is that in relation air flow? There's is quite a large area in the niche.

I am waiting for a response from M.

Renman
pauldab

not really, i had a few locations unavailable to me as gas fired units couldn't be placed within x metres of a window or corner (cant remember the actual requirement)
pauldab
Renman
pauldab

not really, i had a few locations unavailable to me as gas fired units couldn't be placed within x metres of a window or corner (cant remember the actual requirement)

Thanks Paul.

Our slab got laid today! I stopped by on the way home from a party to have a look. It's sitting up higher than I thought it would, but otherwise it looks great! We drove around our estate and there's only 3 other slabs laid (2 of them by M). I hope our neighbours start building soon, it would be nice to have their houses finished around the same time as ours. Our site man said the frames will be delivered on 13th and the carpenter will start framing on the 14th (weather permitting, I guess?)

HTTPS://buildingourmetriconfelix18.wordpress.com

Has anyone had a waste pipe overlooked after the slab was poured?? We appear to have one missing from the powder room. There's one there for the vanity, but nothing on the opposite wall for the loo, but there is in all the other bathrooms/WC.

The big concern would be rectifying it, as it is literally in the middle of an enormous slab....
bubblynutter
Has anyone had a waste pipe overlooked after the slab was poured?? We appear to have one missing from the powder room. There's one there for the vanity, but nothing on the opposite wall for the loo, but there is in all the other bathrooms/WC.

The big concern would be rectifying it, as it is literally in the middle of an enormous slab....
They forgot one of ours for a downpipe in the portico but they will just run it down a pillar and outside the slab. As the slab is waffle pods it won't be so major to fix, they will probably just cut a section, join it to the nearest pipe and reconcrete the area. I am assuming your SM is aware of it, ask them how they plan to fix it. If you are not happy with the solution ask what other alternatives could be done.

My Journey
H1 thread | viewtopic.php?f=31&t=77665
Just wanted to share my concerns
Our build is not starting for another 2 months due to back and forth with M as they can't get their paperwork correct- errors upon errors and a CSC who is not using her brains
Anyway, I spoke with a few people who have built in my area (estate) and have not received a single positive feedback on their build. So many issues, so many things gone wrong, and a SS with poor communication and does not oversee work properly. I understand that there are probably no builds that go easy, but I was hoping for a SS who would do due dilligence.
Not feeling elated about the future of our build right now
How can I get through it and ensure that things are done properly as far as possible?

Spotme
Our build is not starting for another 2 months due to back and forth with M as they can't get their paperwork correct- errors upon errors and a CSC who is not using her brains
Anyway, I spoke with a few people who have built in my area (estate) and have not received a single positive feedback on their build. So many issues, so many things gone wrong, and a SS with poor communication and does not oversee work properly. I understand that there are probably no builds that go easy, but I was hoping for a SS who would do due dilligence.
How can I get through it and ensure that things are done properly as far as possible?

You need to add more diligence such as weekly calls, regular inspections and independent inspectors. And make sure you have everything on email.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Orpheus
Spotme

You need to add more diligence such as weekly calls, regular inspections and independent inspectors. And make sure you have everything on email.

@Orph

Thanks Orph
I know you've had your share of issues
How do you feel at the end of the day, now that you are so close to your PCI?

I can definitely do the things on paper - calls, PI, emails etc, but cannot be there physically to check details as I have a bub and toddler in tow- can't take them on site. Eg whether walls were sanded before paint, or they are not installing BBQ stove in kitchen (
a neighbour had these issues)..

By the way, at what point were you allowed to be on site to check on things, and how often was that (not the ** way lol)

Spotme
Orpheus
Spotme

@Orph

Thanks Orph
I know you've had your share of issues
How do you feel at the end of the day, now that you are so close to your PCI?

I can definitely do the things on paper - calls, PI, emails etc, but cannot be there physically to check details as I have a bub and toddler in tow- can't take them on site. Eg whether walls were sanded before paint, or they are not installing BBQ stove in kitchen (
a neighbour had these issues)..

By the way, at what point were you allowed to be on site to check on things, and how often was that (not the ** way lol)

Have you though of hiring a surveyor or carpenter or even a friend who is experienced in home building (rules changed end of last year that allow a non certified surveyor to inspect work) to check in the progress of your house.

We had issues with our admin process and escalated with M and we were given an experienced CSC. Now each items/issues/variations is added to a running spreadsheet where it is tracked/commented/solution is updated on a regular bases. I found that this has worked well as issues are not lost in the hundreds of emails that goes back and forth.

Hi guys,

We're building a Glendale 45LE and I'm thinking of doing the evap cooling (upstairs) and split system aircon (downstairs rumpus) after handover. I think I've read somewhere that provisions are not required. The electrical consultant said they can provide the provisions if we are doing it post handover.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Have you though of hiring a surveyor or carpenter or even a friend who is experienced in home building (rules changed end of last year that allow a non certified surveyor to inspect work) to check in the progress of your house.

We had issues with our admin process and escalated with M and we were given an experienced CSC. Now each items/issues/variations is added to a running spreadsheet where it is tracked/commented/solution is updated on a regular bases. I found that this has worked well as issues are not lost in the hundreds of emails that goes back and forth.

No, I didn't know this was an option. Will talk to hubby and see if we can hire one.

Hah, good you managed to get them have a more structured approach to solving the issues!!! You are very hands on, and you should be! Afterall, it's such a massive investment.

[/quote]

Spotme

No, I didn't know this was an option. Will talk to hubby and see if we can hire one.

Hah, good you managed to get them have a more structured approach to solving the issues!!! You are very hands on, and you should be! Afterall, it's such a massive investment.

[/quote]

I managed Projects for work. So might as well incorporate it to M since they weren't going to make sure they have your best interest as heart.

PM me if you if need any help.

sencillez
Hi guys,

We're building a Glendale 45LE and I'm thinking of doing the evap cooling (upstairs) and split system aircon (downstairs rumpus) after handover. I think I've read somewhere that provisions are not required. The electrical consultant said they can provide the provisions if we are doing it post handover.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Based on my understanding re electrical & a/c installations- Provisions are not required upstairs as they can access the roof cavity (what's the right terminology??) even after handover.

However, provisions are required for downstairs or it will be a pain for wiring to be done, unless you have access to the cavity leading to the rumpus? I just had split system installed in my home and I heard the guys walking all over the cavity to get the wiring done..

I might be wrong! Have you confirmed with the electrician who's doing the work post H/O?

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum