Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

K & L's HGWA Build Baldivis

Page 1 of 45
Hi!
I have been doing lots of research for my new house and have been following everyone's builds for a while now (feeling like a stalker!)
I have been holding off creating my own topic because we haven't even got titles or finance approval yet! But stuff it, I want to show off my house!
So this is the house we started from:
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w364/kmcleod2/Naples%20Complete%20Special_zps8elwgjcy.jpg
And this is what we have come up with:
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w364/kmcleod2/K%20amp%20L%20House_zpsoef1ej58.jpg
Hopefully it works!
Welcome to the hgwa family - there are lots of us on here

Your plan looks great - especially your massive alfresco. Looking forward to following your build.
Thanks Asha
Congrats on the start of your building journey! I love that plan, it looks massive! Me too I love that alfresco too, looks huge!! Fingers crossed for you titles are soon, look forward to following
Love the naples 😉 love what you have done with the design. Will definitely be following ur build. Where are you building?
Yay you made your thread
Love the plan! That alfresco is huuuuge.
Love your plan! Is the north shown correctly? My only concern is your living area will be very cold on the south side of the block. I'd also add doors to the wir in the master

But what an awesome garage! And I love the his and hers robes. So much storage drool!
Thanks everyone! I love our plan, its been months of designing! And pre-start is around the corner, and I cant decide what I want colour wise!
rebellagacy we are building in The Spires Estate in Baldivis.
leni - north is shown correctly. Its a battleaxe block - 15 x 43 meters so we kind of had to design the block this way. Our current rental is situated the same way on the block (with the living areas in pretty much the same spot) and it has actually been really good, cool in summer and warm in winter. Strange right?!
I don't mind that the WIR's don't have doors in the master bedroom. And my one big brief was storage storage storage, and I think I have managed that!
Cleaning three toilets is going to be a pain though hahahaha
Wow great plan! Following
Love the changes you made to your plan
Nice plan!
Storage is essential now a days. You got a big block, so lots of flexibility.
Did you design your plan and took it to your builder?
Well Done.
Thanks jlo1990! Me too! I cant wait to actually see it built!
me786 - We saw the block first and put a deposit down. We knew we wanted the big block (646sqm) but because of the shape (long and skinny) we knew it was going to be a custom build and because of the garage and workshop. (My husband is a mechanic) I emailed about 4 different builders, told them our budget, the size of our block and what we wanted in the house. All four builders got back to me, we went and met with them all and they showed us some of their house designs. It was down to two builders, but we eventually chose Home Group WA, because they ended up being cheaper (slightly!), and our sales consultant was really good. Our house ended up being a modification of the Naples, because we loved the rear living design.
Love the design! Cant wait to see it come together
Thanks ColleyCrew!
Following your build

Following now, somehow I missed your thread Mrs Macca Pacca
Hi MrsM! Just caught up with your thread. I love your design. The way you have managed to fit the shed and workshop on is great!
The only thing I would suggest is to consider a door on the en-suite. Speaking from experience, it can be really annoying if your other half gets up earlier than you (especially in winter) and has to turn the light on, noise of electric toothbrush/hairdryer etc. Its a personal thing though!
Have you done pre-start yet? Can't wait to see you colour choices!
I haven't posted in a while because we have had quite a bit of trouble obtaining finance. BankWest valued the property at $70k under what we needed. NAB valued it $30k under. My Husband was ready to walk away from it all and just save some more money when we were told by HGWA that if we were to walk away we would be receiving a big bill for their work.
It confuses me a bit because we couldn't apply for finance without the building contract, but to get the building contract they had to do the work drawing up plans. I wasn't willing to just throw money away for nothing, so pushed my Broker to try CBA, and what do you know, they came back $10k over what we need. So currently in the process of applying for finance with CBA and we should find out in the next couple of weeks I hope.
In the meantime, Titles have actually issued, but I haven't been able to get excited because of the whole finance debarcle.
I have heard that the banks are cracking down, and I understand that Baldivis isn't the place to make mega bucks on an investment, but $70k under?? What are they thinking?!
Quote:
Hi MrsM! Just caught up with your thread. I love your design. The way you have managed to fit the shed and workshop on is great!
The only thing I would suggest is to consider a door on the en-suite. Speaking from experience, it can be really annoying if your other half gets up earlier than you (especially in winter) and has to turn the light on, noise of electric toothbrush/hairdryer etc. Its a personal thing though!
Have you done pre-start yet? Can't wait to see you colour choices!

Thanks nikkis2000! I have been looking at that about the door (to both the ensuite and the wir's). We had initially considered a slider, because there isn't that much room for a door, and then we took it out. We have never shut the door to the bathroom so that was our reasoning by removing the door, but I am going to put it on my list of things to reconsider!
We have selected our tiles but haven't completed pre-start as yet. We put everything on hold with HGWA while we are waiting for Finance Approval. I'm hoping to hear something next week!
Once I get finance approval, I will post all my photos. I haven't even take a photo of our block yet! Trying to not jinx it all
Glad to hear that your finance got sorted.
It is very confusing how financial institutes value the property

Also surprised to hear that HGWA was going to charge you a lot for their preliminary work (?) I would consider that a push sales technique. Any charges/fees should be clearly disclosed in advance and agreed before proceeding.
I have escaped few pushy sales rep in past, very horrible experience. Will never recommend those cowboys.

Hope everything goes well for you
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum