Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1st build Homebuyers 7.5m Cottage Block Front Loading Design

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

In the process of building in Brabham WA. Has anybody else built any of these designs and have nah handy tips or things they ran into along the way?
kandikane90
Hi all,

In the process of building in Brabham WA. Has anybody else built any of these designs and have nah handy tips or things they ran into along the way?

cant say ive built the smaller design but building with HBC at the moment and no complaints yet. They must have ingested firecrackers because my build has gone quickly (and smoothly so far!)
jlo1990
kandikane90
Hi all,

cant say ive built the smaller design but building with HBC at the moment and no complaints yet. They must have ingested firecrackers because my build has gone quickly (and smoothly so far!)

Hi Jlo,

That's great news, I'm about to start a big wait as my titles aren't releasing until November (if not later) so having a hard time sitting still at the moment. Have you finalised your pre-start consultation?
I know the feeling, i signed last June and had titles in Feb! Prestart all done in March, just about started the electrical and plumbing and getting the colorbond put on the roof
I am building a 7.5m rear loaded with Aussie Living in Bunbury.
Good luck with your build.

jlo1990
I know the feeling, i signed last June and had titles in Feb! Prestart all done in March, just about started the electrical and plumbing and getting the colorbond put on the roof

Wow! That's a wait. How did you find the cost of your prestart was? I personally don't think I'll upgrade that much and I've put a small amount into my finance to cover me but I'm assuming around the $5k mark (I'm building structural changes into my contract and finance)
Smiley77
I am building a 7.5m rear loaded with Aussie Living in Bunbury.
Good luck with your build.

Hi Smiley,

That's great, how's your experience been so far? Have you altered much from the original plan?
kandikane90
jlo1990

Wow! That's a wait. How did you find the cost of your prestart was? I personally don't think I'll upgrade that much and I've put a small amount into my finance to cover me but I'm assuming around the $5k mark (I'm building structural changes into my contract and finance)

well i added doors, high ceilings etc during sign up, so prestart was only $990 haha
jlo1990
kandikane90
jlo1990

well i added doors, high ceilings etc during sign up, so prestart was only $990 haha

That's a great price! Do you mind me asking what you upgraded at pre-start?
now you're testing my memory haha. I put a door on the back of the garage, added powerpoints, extended the main bathroom vanity from bathtub to wall, extended the ensuite vanity and added a shelf to the shower, added a swing door to the ensuite shower...and i cant remember anything else hahaa
jlo1990
now you're testing my memory haha. I put a door on the back of the garage, added powerpoints, extended the main bathroom vanity from bathtub to wall, extended the ensuite vanity and added a shelf to the shower, added a swing door to the ensuite shower...and i cant remember anything else hahaa

No that's great thanks, mine will be similar so gives me a ball park I guess. Mine will be more like:
Power points (maybe 6-7 single maximum)
Door to the main bath shower
Upgrade to hot water system
Potential upgrade to tiles and higher levels in bath, laundry and kitchen
Upgrade to sinks

But I have a $2k allowance at the moment and had figured I might spend $5k in total
Related
4/12/2023
Miners Cottage floorboards

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi All New to the forum and looking for some advice, has anyone else renovated an old miners cottage in or around Ballarat and been able to identify the flooring? We…

2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum