Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Homes- Hudson (Aurora Wollert build thread)

Page 15 of 15
I thought I would add to the thread. A few weeks ago was the 3 month mark after handover. That is the time you notify Simonds Homes of maintenance issues. I had one issue at that time which was a poor performing heating register that was attended to the day after the Simonds Homes maintenance manager attended our house.
Today I contacted Simonds Homes again regarding a minor leak down the outside of breather pipe flashing (for plumbing of grey water, it penatrates through the roof and is flashed off at roof level)
There must be a minor flashing seal issue. Anyway, I contacted maintenance today and I have a plumbing supervisor attend to look at the issue at 3pm tommorow. You can't complain about that for quick response.
Happy to hear you are being looked after Goody. Love a good Simonds Service story

That's excellent! Is the heating issue resolved? What was the problem?

Halcyon
That's excellent! Is the heating issue resolved? What was the problem?

The problem was the direction of the duct work from the junction and the junction angle in the ceiling.
No they seem pretty good been at my house for three weeks and had some issues, as soon as I tell the SS he comes out that day, I do think he is down the road though lol.

Nearly at the 12 month after handover mark. Mostly good. I did find a plumbing issue with the return of water from the solar collector near the HWS a month or so back. It was a bent copper pipe BEHIND the chrome round wall plates on brickwork face. Got onto maintenance and that had a plumber out in a few days to rectify the issue. That is about it. I have added the extended rear deck now under alfresco roof line and beyond. It looks spectacular. I added a small poly carbon sheeted pergola off the alfresco too for BBQ cover and as a feature. It worked well with the deck too. All done by me to I might add. Very pleased on finished look. I used merbau in 140mm no nail decking in a 140mm picture frame look. I added some deck lighting too.
My rear yard is 100% done now. I have done my garden shed and some extra privacy screening in the rear yard. Last on my to do list is the front yard. I have been waiting on two brick layers now for months, both have let me down. I have the job advertised on www now. Just a small grey block retaining wall that will get rendered. I will do the rest of the landscaping once wall done. Footing and agg drain for retaining wall done and have all the steel in place too. Easy job for a bricklayer if I can find one.
Wow thats a pretty good effort! Most people tend to have grand plans for their gardens once the house is done but never get around to them
, good on you! Would love to see pics of the deck, thinking of doing something similar, but probably won't happen as quick as yours

I will tackle a few pics during next week then. It was lots of work but the results were worth it in my opinion.
Sounds awesome! We've just finished our back retaining wall & are about to start the deck which like yours will cover the alfresco area and extend out! I'd love to see pics of yours!

Photos as promised of the finished rear yard, shed etc.
That looks amazing! You've done an awesome Job Goody!
And I see Mrs Goody's gorgeous styling at work again
love the privacy screening! Perfect little party pad!
I might have to hire you myself if we ever get our house
Thanks for that.
I also see this post is number 1000. Wow. I have too much to say. LOL
My wife has the styling down pat. I just do the work as best as I can. Every worker needs a supervisor.
Looking fantastic!!! Can't wait for ours to be finished!!

Exciting times for sure. Once it is built the works just begins for us owners. Good luck to those building. I won't be building again, they can carry me out of this place in a pine box or a patient transport vehicle to the nursing home, whichever comes first. I will take the pine box in preference.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum