Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building MainVue Ivory 436

Page 1 of 5
Haven't seen too many Ivory builds so thought it would be good to post and also hear from anyone that has built or is in the process.

KDR with MainVue the Ivory 436 modified. Our contract signing will be start of June, we just got our setback dispensation so we can have a 7.2m rear yard.

Timeline

12/11/14 - Initial deposit

18/11/14 - second deposit

14/2/15 - colour appointment

21/2/15 - dispensation for setback approved

18/3/15 - Tender

15/5/15 - arrange disconnection of services

21/5/15 - moved out

5/6/15 - contract signing

21/6/15 - demolition complete

11/9/15 - building permit issued

18/9/15 - electrical pit install

6/10/15 - final drawings signed off

20/10/15 - first call from Site Supervisor

13/11/15 plumbing under slab complete

17/11/15 form work completed

18/11/15 slab poor

24/11/15 framing to start

13/12/15 Framing complete

18/12/15 Roof complete and wrapped

29/12/15 Brick layer started

Electrical complete

Bricks complete

Plaster complete

Doors and cabinets complete

22/04/16 Painting almost complete

9/5/16 Carpet booked in.
Welcome to H1 Tudu. The Ivory is a beautiful house. I definitely was considering it before choosing the Amalfi, but still question my decision all the time. I signed contracts a few weeks back and now waiting for council approvals and a site start date. Good luck with the build. It will look great
Nice plan, you must have a nice big block!
We are. Doing a KDR with Henley, we can't do contracts until,the second soil test which they won't do until after the house is knocked down. Did Mainvue say the same thing for you?

Our house is being knocked down on Wednesday but it's taken us over 17 weeks to get everything approved by council. I hope you guys have a smoother ride than we had.

Where abouts are you building ?
I will need to get it down pretty quick, they have allowed me to get the second soil after contract as I did not want to organise the demo until we had the setback approved.

I did look at the Amalfi as its a great design and very popular, however my block is 14.6 m wide and the 14m versions didn't offer what we were looking for.
Knockdown almost complete

Site should be clear by tomorrow, looks like the demo company did damage to the side walk and drive way. Anyone else get this ? How did you handle it with the build? Did you leave the same asset protection permit for the entire build?

Building MainVue Ivory 436 KDR
Hi Tudu,

Council wont refund the bond unless you make good.
If you plan to replace crossing, then makes sense to leave it in place as you will save on the application fee that Mainvue would have to pay if they had to obtain an APP.

Only issue is, if more damage is caused during the build then you are technically responsible to make good as far as the council is concerned.
We got our bond back after the demo (our cross over and footpath were badly damaged before) and then Henley applied for another asset protection permit for the build so we had two.
jessicana10
We got our bond back after the demo (our cross over and footpath were badly damaged before) and then Henley applied for another asset protection permit for the build so we had two.

So you fixed your cross over and footpath, got your bond back and payed Henley again for the APP ?

We didn't fix it as it was already damaged and as there was no further damage we got our $1000 back and then Henley applied for another one of our behalf for the build which we havn't paid anything for yet. Ill try find a pic of ours for you to get an idea of the condition its in

You had some luck there, well done!

Often the demo does cause some damage which creates a dilemma.
I rang council to see if I could change to a wider crossover since I'll end up doing repairs anyway. He advised that they changed their policy and only allow single 3m crossover. But I can try to apply for a max 4.5m, but it would need to go up the chain to get approved.

Jess you did pretty good out of your asset situation, our bond is almost $2000

did you use the recommended plumber for cut and seal sewer & stormwater. Did they quote you $650

Here's the clean block with some plants left at the back that were behind a brick bed I had removed.

Hi Tudu, how are you going with your build? We are doing a KDR with Mainvue too. We were going to build an Amalfi but had some issues with it on our particular block so are now considering the Ivory 436 too. I'd love to hear how it's all going for you.
Just got my final plans this week with some variations that I'm not happy about. Still waiting for electrical pit, hopefully this week. I would like to discuss my issues but my admin flat out refuses.

It's hard to choose a house that you can't walk through on display.

I would have considered the Amalfi but the narrower designs don't allow for the additional bedrooms without closing of to rear yard. You best of looking at the Caspian on display to get an idea of space. I would have considered Caspian however ivory was the only design that allowed me a full size garage door and space down the side of the house so I can access rear yard, park an extra car or trailer, etc. Also when I did a price comparison between them including the extension the Ivory came up cheaper. one thing I wished we incorporated from the Caspian was the extra kitchen wall cabinet/oven/stove facing the side. The other thing concerns me is the distance to the kids rooms from the main bed.

We drove by on the last Ivory display that had since been sold and while there the owner spotted us looking and invited us in on a tour. They we're a wonderful couple and told us how much they enjoyed the home.

The Henley Marina q2 is also very similar to the Ivory.

What size block do you have, any slope ?

Hi, glad you replied.
We are definitely going with the Ivory. We've got a big block 15.24 x 43m but have to have a 7m set back which is a pain but not worth fighting our council over. This leaves us with a 7m backyard and a decent 3.7m down the living area side if we are allowed to put the garage on the boundary. It's a very long house. We would have had a back yard of nearly 11m with the Amalfi but it's width was deemed too wide and knocked back. Our block is flat but we have a flood overly on it which is what caused us the headaches with the Amalfi.
What variations did you get on your final plans?
I had a look at the Caspian but the layout of the Ivory suits us better. We have teenagers, so happy for their bedrooms to be far away!!
We've had our electricity pit put in already. They dug up 5 of our neighbors nature strips to do it and didn't touch ours...a little awkward! Waiting on our gas to be abolished but they are taking their sweet time. Electricity is done.
Our backyard will be 7.2 m backyard, 6m setback (dispensation from council) 5.5m if you count from the porch. 1.2n from left boundary and garage on the boundary.

Here are most of our changes
Relocate laundry and lengthen house to create kids retreat
2.7 m ceilings
Extended all external doors heights to 2.4m
Raised all windows (not heightened) to 2.4m head height to match doors.
Added double 2.4 x 820 sliders to study
Butlers pantry fit out out with sink
Flipped butler door to open on to shelves
Decina spa option to ensuite
Sliding door to ensuite
Change theatre window to two 210 x 90 with plaster reveal
Timber windows to all but study & kids beds
Obscured bath & ensuite windows
Timber slider from bedroom 4 to alfresco
Garage step down
Deluxe electrical pack
Raft slab upgrade
Upgraded heater and added refrigerated cooling
3 phase power
Nbn pack
Extend garage to boundary add rear garage door
Removed wardrobe fit out to bed 2,3,4, will fit custom wardrobe after handover.
Anticon insulation under colorbond.

Saint girl, Have you decided on any changes ?

Wow, that's a lot of changes. Yes, we have made some big structural changes. The main ones are.....
Moved the laundry to the other side of the house, deleted the study, increased the siize of the theatre and made bedrooms 2 & 4 and their robes huge for our teenage girls. Changed their bathroom so it could have a double vanity and large shower. Put bench and cabinets in butlers but no sink.
Added a few cavity sliding doors, some retractable screens for alfrescos, increased tile heights in bathrooms (like they are in the displays)
We still haven't signed a tender for this design, so there are still a few other things we are thinking about changing...maybe the kitchen window to match the one in the living room.
What facade have you chosen?
It's great to chat to someone building the same house.
I got the window quoted, because they don't well at least in my case roll the free double glazing over to window changes it quoted over 2k. Ask them to quote for both options 2.1m x 1.8 m double glaze in timber and 1.8m x 1.8m in timber frame

Do you have a link to the screens your getting from Henley ?

Do you have a drawing of your NSV ?

We went standard eclipse facade face brick

Tiling in bath/powder/ensuite to 2.2m
2.1m wide x 1.2m high Plaster cut out for decorative screen on back hall/dining wall

Completed the temporary repair of the footpath, hopefully nothing else holds up the start. Concrete was badly damaged during demo, I will need to redo concrete for footpath and crossover after build completes

We have a fence and site cut. Bore piles were supposed to be this week but I think may have been hampered by the rain.

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum