Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PGH Olympus -Please Help

Page 1 of 1
Hi forum I'm just about to start a new build and I have been dealing with PGH who have provided me two addresses for the brick I've selected for the home I've attached 2 photo to this post which PGH have told me they're the exact same brick used on both house I think that they're completely different can someone please that's used the Olympus brick on there build please shed some light on the dilemma I have regards !

Wow, those look different from the photos. I cannot explain that at all.
Exactly my point purana..

I would go back to PGH - I don't think they are the same brick. Maybe one house changed at the last minute and the list wasn't updated or maybe they wrote the wrong house number done. The top brick would be the Olympus.
You think the one with the White garage door is the Olympus Heidi?

Have they used different mortar? We were at pgh today and liked that brick too, but it was amazing how much the mortar can make a difference...
Comparing the Austral website, the first one would be the olympus. Perhaps on the second one they have used that brick elsewhere, like an internal feature wall.
You might be onto something John
I'll touch base with PGH tomorrow and query that .. Heather it's so difficult to find a good contemporary brick I feel that the Olympus is one of few that is a good looking contemporary brick..

They are both Olympus. It's a range. The top photo is 'Apollo' which is black. I can't remember the name of the rust coloured one. They are a glazed brick. Beautiful. We considered but couldn't afford
Sorry, my bad. The range is 'Altitude'. Olympus is the dirty black. Apollo black black (shiney glazed). They got mixed up on the second shot and referenced 'Venus' (in same range).

http://www.pghbricks.com.au/News/Show_12.aspx
Yes definately the top one with the car on the driveway/ We looked at that brick ourselves but didnt use it as it was an expensive upgrade and I think its also a painted brick.

Personally I found the builders lists not that accurate. We also went to some of them and they where either rendered or two tone brick houses (as may be the bottom house in this post).
Thanks for everyone that's posted a response I've contacted PGH this morning and they've advised me that the first photo is definitely 'Olympus' with an additional coating that had been applied on it .. 'CONFUSED'

Sorry what? Then what is the second photo? They arent both the same brick. Is there a 3rd one you can look at?
Both Olympus bricks the first the client added an additional coat

Olympus looks nothing like that second one at the sample place...if thats the case I wouldnt touch it (Unless your happy with that second colour).
No I want the first pic not s fan of the second photo AT ALL

Related
16/10/2023
PGH Expresso or Vino Brick?

Building A New House

Which brick color is good - PGH Expresso or…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum