Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone here building with RMS Homes?

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I am looking to build with RMS Homes in Wollert, Vic. Anyone here building or have built with RMS Homes? Any good/bad experiences?

Regards
Aamer
Not building with them yet but they are definitely on the top of my list, went and saw the display last week and had a chat to the guy, all seems pretty above board. The list of inclusions you get with them is by far the best I've seen of any builder, I like that there's so much included you really don't need to change anything for it to be totally liveable. The only other builder I saw below rms' price point was homebuyers centre and they didn't have little things rms does like stone bench tops and door stoppers so the little upgrades would push the price up quickly.
Switchstar
Not building with them yet but they are definitely on the top of my list, went and saw the display last week and had a chat to the guy, all seems pretty above board. The list of inclusions you get with them is by far the best I've seen of any builder, I like that there's so much included you really don't need to change anything for it to be totally liveable. The only other builder I saw below rms' price point was homebuyers centre and they didn't have little things rms does like stone bench tops and door stoppers so the little upgrades would push the price up quickly.

aamer
Hi All

I am looking to build with RMS Homes in Wollert, Vic. Anyone here building or have built with RMS Homes? Any good/bad experiences?

Regards
Aamer

Hi! all,
Has anyone in this forum built with them?
Any feed back from initial posters.

Their Inclusions list is massive and prices are great.
I went into the Officer display and liked what I saw but finding it really hard to find any reviews though, good or bad... which makes me wonder
Hi all,

We are currently building the Colchester 300E with Rms homes, we signed with them in late February 2017, we are now at lockup stage and expect to be in in late February 2018.

We have had significant delays- we were meant to be at lock up at the beginning of November and have only just gotten to lock up now in January which has been frustrating but from what I've heard happens with all builders. Our new neighbour's builder porter davis has gone easily 100 days over contract.

Our experiences have been fairly positive. Mat has been very attentive and patient with me throughout all of my questions and changes. I made quite a few after contract variations and even changed my bath very last minute, to the point the frame and bath had been put in without tiling and it's now being taken out, so for customer service I've had a positive experience, given that it's Mat's business he goes above and beyond!

The inclusions are amazing and that's what appealed to us, well me mainly. I was sick of looking at houses with 200k of upgrades that had been styled by an interior decorator- beautiful but totally unrealistic. My partner was a sucker for the big builders and their displays but I just hated the confusion of the inclusions- nothing is included, sometimes not even the floors!!

The Rms inclusions are great- but you do pay for them- we've spent probably $30k more then what we were going to spend with another builder (this is including site costs and the basic upgrades we needed) however this gets us everything we need and more with RMS including a balcony which alone is $15k-$20k with the big guys!
The stone benches, LED lights, outdoor kitchen, large stove, balcony and landscaping were probably the biggest things to appeal to us!
Keep in mind the display doesn't include every single thing you see in your contract for example decking to entrance and roof of alfresco were not included, outdoor tiles which look amazing also not included, in the living there are 2 sets of sliding doors one at the back and one on the right side- the side ones aren't included they are windows in our house. The landscaping also is just a $2k allowance- which wouldn't get you near what they have at the display as the whole thing is roll out turf.

Overall we have had a positive experience with RMS thus far, our house (facade) looks amazing we are very happy with our colour choices etc, as to the inside of the house I can't comment on yet but will definitely let you all know!

Courtney
Also our build commenced on July 31st so we are still on track to be finished by the contracted time- however again there were significant delays in paperwork what was told would take 6 weeks took 14 weeks however it's clear this was for a number of reasons and not the sole responsibility of Rms.
I have built with them I strongly advise against it unless you can afford lawyers.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum