Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Keys 19/10/15. Moved in 10/11/15. Landscaping + a deck ideas

Page 95 of 96
I have different styles too.
My bedroom and theatre room says dark and classy
Then my living areas say modern light and fresh but with a touch of Scandi
And the kids bedrooms say however they feel like decorating their room until I clean it lol

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
I too am thinking of different vibes in different areas. Farm/cottage at front, tropical out back lol

feeling devo! Lucky it's only 1 board and near the corner / edge of the room so hopefully replacement isn't too difficult but I'm still so sad about it wahhhhh. Bloody dogs and their drooly lips. I knew this would happen eventually. So much for 18 layers of water resistant lacquer.

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
Oh no!! Just from a couple of drops of water??
I have a very drooly Labrador, so wood floors really aren't for me are they. damn!
Oh spewing! We had a dog wee on our bamboo yesterday, had probably been there a couple of hours before we found it, right on a join too
but it was fine and you wouldn't know, phew!
MrsMaccaPacca
Oh no!! Just from a couple of drops of water??
I have a very drooly Labrador, so wood floors really aren't for me are they. damn!
yeah a few kinda bigish drops. Probably the size of a 50c piece. I'm pretty upset that it's sunk in so quick! We've spilt other large amounts of water on the floor and they didn't seep through the boards but we wiped them up immediately last time. It's because it sat on the floor overnight I think. Praying it's an easy fix, lucky we still have a full packet of left over boards to use :/

viewtopic.php?t=77170
Our Honeywood Build
Our dog has drooled a little bit of water on the floor after having a drink in the garage and I didn't notice till this morning, needless to say a tiny dribble has caused the floorboards to lift
feeling devo! Lucky it's only 1 board and near the corner / edge of the room so hopefully replacement isn't too difficult but I'm still so sad about it wahhhhh. Bloody dogs and their drooly lips. I knew this would happen eventually. So much for 18 layers of water resistant lacquer.

viewtopic.php?t=77170

Oh no!! Definitely wouldn't last in my house then, not between my two drooly Shar Pei's and my son. That's a bugger! Why do they have that guarantee in place if it's rubbish?! I'd be cranky..

Wow that is crazy, didn't know they were so susceptible to that. Hope it's easy to fix.
Wow I had no idea floor boards were so sensitive! My kids are forever getting water on my floor haha

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
Hey guys! Timber is seriously bad for water! Like its 100% fine if you wipe it up straight away but leave it for a few hours and your floor will buckle
it shouldn't be too difficult to fix, just got to pull up the boards and replace the damaged one. So frustrating though! 3 months old and damaged already boo!

viewtopic.php?t=77170
So I wonder if that will happen with our cedar wood lining outside? Other half decided to wet the ceiling with the hose, he dried it but hoping it doesn't swell.

Hope it's not costly for you to replace, we only have 5 tiles left over so lucky you have a whole pack leftover. Less stress then.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
I think external wood is different Hun, should be more resilient to water. Hopefully it doesn't swell. Doubt it will. Yeah I know, they didn't leave us a single plank when they first did it but had to come back and adjust some of them and left a whole box.
Lucky! The brand is discontinued now too!

viewtopic.php?t=77170
Oh no - that's abit of a shock. Hope it's easy to fix.
Caraf88
So I wonder if that will happen with our cedar wood lining outside? Other half decided to wet the ceiling with the hose, he dried it but hoping it doesn't swell.

Hope it's not costly for you to replace, we only have 5 tiles left over so lucky you have a whole pack leftover. Less stress then.

Our dream home

viewtopic.php?t=75306
whoops! I meant hopefully it doesn't swell not hopefully it does. Stupid autocorrect

viewtopic.php?t=77170
When people think your grass is fake... I'll take that as a complement haha

I love our alfresco at night. Just need the perfect alfresco chairs now

viewtopic.php?t=77170
Looks beautiful!!
Thanks Jel!

viewtopic.php?t=77170
Our Honeywood Build
Got the other half to hang my entry mirror
LOVE!

viewtopic.php?t=77170

Hi Honeywood Build,

Your house is beautiful and you have such a keen eye for decorating!! Is your entrance hall mirror from Bed, Bath 'n Table? I have spotted (almost possibly the same) mirror that I want to install for our guest bathroom. I absolutely love the beaded edge! Also love your exposed aggregate - we too are getting exposed - just sourcing quotes at the moment. Who did you use?

Wishing you many happy memories in your beautiful new home!!
OHB, your house look nicer as the day go on.
love that mirror.
Related
16/04/2024
Front Fence Landscaping Ideas

Landscape & Garden Design

I recently finished my house and after landscaping, have begun to plan a fence. To be honest its been a bit of an afterthought so I'm after some much needed advice. The…

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum