Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Keys 19/10/15. Moved in 10/11/15. Landscaping + a deck ideas

Page 1 of 96
Hi everyone, our construction is underway and I thought it was about time I started my own thread as I've been stalking everyone else's builds for months now!

My hubby (31) and myself (27) have been lucky enough to to secure a 443sqm block in Honeywood Estate, Wandi and have signed up to build a 4 x 2 with Commodore Homes (BGC).

So far the progress has been slow. Our slab went down in November and we are only at roof timbers stage but hoping once our roof tiles are on it will speed up.

We are building a custom version of the quattro plus.

Here's our plan and current progress. The builder says that our tiles should be delivered early next week so fingers crossed!
Here's a pic of our front door looking in with the theater on the left and master bedroom on the right and a pic of the front with roof timbers. Our garage is at the back so it makes the front look tiny!

Here's our elevation. We are coping the Dale Alcock wisteria colors for the front

Looking good. Is your front door the Hume XS24? If so, thats the same one we chose LOL.
Yay I found your thread
Glad to see you have started one. Fingers crossed you get your roof tiles soon.
The door is the Corinthian Pivot INFWS 6G. I can't wait to see it! We got the long handle as well.

We did a little recess in the theater. I can't wait to see how it looks!
Congrats on reaching this stage so far, must be sooo exciting for you! Love your design and floor plan, that entrance door is amazing! Looking forward to following your journey
Thanks! Just trying to do what we can with the weird shaped block. There's not many options for the floor plan with such a narrow front lot. Your house, the stoneleigh is my dream home! Maybe next time
thanks for following

Sorry here's the plan on the block so you can see what I mean. We're on a corner and it's a really odd shape but I'm happy we get a little bit of side yard room for a lap pool one day!

Our Honeywood Build
Thanks! Just trying to do what we can with the weird shaped block. There's not many options for the floor plan with such a narrow front lot. Your house, the stoneleigh is my dream home! Maybe next time
thanks for following

I think its great that you have all that extra room down the side of the house, and towards the back!! I completely know what you mean, we are currently in a home very similar to yours on a narrow lot/garage at back (not as much room as you though!) and I remember being so limited with the floor plan when we started looking for a builder. You have a really nice floor plan! and how good that you have a 4 bed with all that yard space still, I love it
Lap pool would be amazing!
Yeah it's hard isn't it! We pretty much just went for the floor plan that the builder recommended (first home builders) didn't really know what we wanted when we started looking but knew the area was a good location so didn't think too much about the floor plan. I'm really looking forward to making it a cosy little house. I thought of turning it into a 3 bedroom originally with bigger bedrooms but figured that 4 would be better for resale

Congratulations on the build. We are in a similar situation, same age no kids fist time builders and went overboard on upgrades. I love that your garage is at the back. It makes the front of your home look so sleek. Being first timers is hard and you learn so much during the process. I'm sure our construction supervisor hates me. We have had some pretty ** workmanship (split gas line - they didn't know until we pointed it out) so now I'm checking everything with a fine tooth comb. Good luck and I can't wait to see the final product!
Our Honeywood Build
Yeah it's hard isn't it! We pretty much just went for the floor plan that the builder recommended (first home builders) didn't really know what we wanted when we started looking but knew the area was a good location so didn't think too much about the floor plan. I'm really looking forward to making it a cosy little house. It's just me and hubby + 2 fur babies for now so we don't need a lot
I thought of turning it into a 3 bedroom originally with bigger bedrooms but figured that 4 would be better for resale

It is such a beautiful estate, I remember having a good drive through when we were looking at display homes. And amazing location! Smart move with the 4x2!! We have a 3x2 and the value of our property is quite significantly lower than a 4x2 on the same block size. Nice decision
Will be perfect for you both and your furry babies
Naw thanks for the sweet comment
I hope they start the tiles soon! It's been delayed for so long

Fingers crossed for you, have they given any dates?
"Next week"... Heard that before haha!

So just went past the house and the tilers are on site!!!!!!!
they said some of the tiles will be done today and it will be finished my tomorrow!
so totally stoked! They are beautiful and shinny and black!

Pics to follow later tonight!

Also I think my other topic about down lights got deleted! So strange?!

Related
16/04/2024
Front Fence Landscaping Ideas

Landscape & Garden Design

I recently finished my house and after landscaping, have begun to plan a fence. To be honest its been a bit of an afterthought so I'm after some much needed advice. The…

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum