Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home Zone - Munster

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've bought a small block in Munster and am currently looking at a few builders after cancelling our contract with Freelife. I want to be a bit more careful this time around.

Has anyone built with Home Zone? And how was their experience?

Also, could anyone recommend a great builder who does double storeys on strata blocks?

Any advice would be great.
Hi jodyanne and welcome

Might help if you specify state/territory you're building in, I've never heard of either of those mentioned. Good luck with it all.
Hi,
Lucky escape with Freelife! Hope it didn't cost you too much. I've never heard of HomeZone, suggest you look on ASIC to see how long they have been around, owners etc. a lot of time builders set up smaller companies to cater for diff markets, but back office staff are usually the same.
We are building a double storey home on strata SOR with Gold Style homes, they are not one of the big project builders, and have been excellent to work with (quick comm & excellent quality) their specs are also very high so we didn't have to add on too much. $1,250 sqm average. GS have been great with our other contractors etc. only disappointment is the length of time it has taken - it will be 12 months from slab down when were told it would be 9. Luckily we didn't expect 9 and this is a common story in WA unfortunately

Good luck

Checking in to see if you ended up signing with HomeZone and what are they like?
Hi Mike. Haven't signed with Home Zone. Couldn't find any reviews.
Cheers.
We signed up with HomeZone Building.
So far we had done our pre start and the plans are currently in the shire.
HomeZone have been great!
They are not out to "get" us. Everything we wanted to change or do was easy and done straight away.
I find them to be fast and no nonesense.
I love their progress report emailed me every week, we know exactly where we stand and what is planned for the upcoming week.
Still early days as we haven't started the construction part yet but so far so good.
Happy to update as we go. You can message me if you want more info

But so far - it was a great choice!!
We also ended up going with Homezone and sounds like we are at a similar stage. Very happy with progress and communication so far. Jess has been amazing .
Yes, Jess and Martyn have been awesome.
I love building with custom builders. Such a different feel and experience than the project builders.
At the end of the build we should put up some reviews so people who consider them will have something to go by.
Hi jodyanne and Iceprincess-Li ;
Can either of you tell me how your build with Homezone went as I am considering them for our build but can't find any reviews.
jodyanne
We also ended up going with Homezone and sounds like we are at a similar stage. Very happy with progress and communication so far. Jess has been amazing .
jodyanne, we have recently signed up with HomeZone and we are blown away by the professionalism and honesty we have received so far from Martyn. How was your experience in the end? We would appreciate any advice from you. Thank you.
Related
3/12/2023
Flood zone block - 1 in 100year

General Discussion

Yes it had a house on it. But Melbourne water only wanted something the original size of the existing house. We managed to fit a 45sq house on.

2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

13/01/2024
Bidet - RPZ (Reduced Pressure Zone) valve

Bathrooms and Laundry

First time building 2 storey home, is under construction (in Framing stage) in NSW. I have 3 toilets and need bidet spray in…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum