Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Build - Calleya - HGWA

Page 1 of 7
I've been following a number of builds in this forum and decided it was time to document my own build journey.

We are building with Home Group WA in the Calleya estate SOR. We started this process in February 2014 with the purchase of a 601m2 block. We purchased this block with a Dale Alcock design in mind but in the end, after looking at other builders, designs and inclusions, we decided on a version of The Mediterranean with HGWA. With the help of our sales guy, we tweaked it a bit to come up with our own version.

Floor Plan

Elevation

We finally got the footings this weekend and hopefully slab today. It has been a long, long, long process so far just on admin alone. Im hoping the build will go smoothly.

I'd love to hear from any other people building with HGWA and compare experiences
Hey chadwyn,

Oh my goodness, I know exactly how you feel! We're the same.. It was raining all last week and we hopefully have a slab this week! It's been a long journey for us too! Damn delayed titles! But at least it's all happening now.. Loving your house! Ours is similar but smaller! Looking forward to your build thread
Love your design! So big! Good luck with the slab! I was told i was going to have to wait until today to get mine because of the rain, but turns out they poured on Friday
Was pretty stoked! Hope you get yours soon!
I love what you've done with your plan! The ensuite looks amazing
Any news on your slab today?
Woo Hoo! We've been slabbed!

Our slab was poured yesterday and I am so excited!
Yayyyy! Congratulations
chadtyn
I'd love to hear from any other people building with HGWA and compare experiences

Hey chadtyn,

Personally my experience with HGWA has been very good. Oh ok this may appear to be a sad and biased response hehe.

Just letting you know that I've subscribed to your build. Please feel free to contact me via a private message on here or FB if you ever need help getting in touch with the right folks @ HGWA throughout the journey.

Conslabulations and have a great day!

Ethan
So I went back to visit our slab today, as you do, and what do I find when I get there?......... The builder next door running a hose from our water pipe, across our lot and onto their site!

He tried telling me it was because they didn't have a tap connection on their site, but as I pointed out to him, our water pipe doesn't have a tap either.
Uh oh! I hope you have called/are planning to call the company building the house!
Happened to me too, the builder next door use my water I told him off.
Congrats on your slab, subscribing to your build. Getting to know the resourceful builders around you, not so great.
chadtyn
So I went back to visit our slab today, as you do, and what do I find when I get there?......... The builder next door running a hose from our water pipe, across our lot and onto their site!

He tried telling me it was because they didn't have a tap connection on their site, but as I pointed out to him, our water pipe doesn't have a tap either.

That's so cheeky! I would never have imagined someone would so blatantly rip another person off! Just gobsmacked!!
jlo1990
Uh oh! I hope you have called/are planning to call the company building the house!

I told him I was going to call the building company and he was very apologetic. I might still contact them but I don't want him to lose his job over it which is what people keep telling me will happen.
Soakwells went in yesterday and Window frames arrived today

[img][IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/03/4c9cce9657e6fa6eb13b4bc31f961c4b.jpg[/img][/IMG]
So our bricks arrived on Wednesday and I'm so excited to see something start but I noticed a few cracks in our slab and some of our pipes have been broken. Is that normal? I know they have to get the bricks on the slab but are they always so rough?
chadtyn
Soakwells went in yesterday and Window frames arrived today

Plan and house looks great Chadtyn, I hope it goes up really quickly from now on
We also had same thing happen to pipes. Mentioned it to the SS, said it would be rectified later when the plumbers come in.
Looking forward to see the bricks go up.
YAY Bricks are complete!

Doesn't look like much from the outside but I'm really happy with the quality of work. From nothing to plate high in 8 working days. Hopefully the rest of the build will keep that pace.
Congrats chadty!
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum