Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My builder put no sisalation on frame (no wall wrap).

Page 1 of 1
HI all,

We are in the stage with brick walls erected and there is a frame (metal one) and bricks only, nothing in between them.
I went to check the home progress today and was standing there and staring on brick wall from inside the house, totally surprised.
Thought walls wrapping is a standard. We are in Adelaide.
What can be done at this point, if anything?

Thank you.
Was sisalation/sarking, to the walls, in your contract.
Hi Megez
Here in Wa all plans submitted require energy calculations/ratings?
Check your specis and drawings to see what was required.
Some builders use their own ratings systems over and above what's specified(LOL, non existent rating) so you will probably need to have them recalculated correctly
I'm not sure if this is the same but we had the same issue with the sisalation in the roof. Apparently in relation to the roof if your roof is over a certain degree in pitch sisalation does not have to be installed. We only found out before the build commenced because I know someone in the building department of the local shire who saw our plans and pointed it out to me. We recieved the above response from our builder. We were just disappointed that we weren't told that it is not standard/required and weren't given the option. We ended up raising a variation and it only cost an extra $1500. As the average home builder does not know the building code inside out we rely on the so called experts to be upfront give is the option.

Maybe approach the builder and discuss your concerns as to why it's not installed and the reasons why and if there is anything they can do now.

Sorry I couldn't help more except that I know it's frustrating.
Related
1/11/2023
House wall wrap

General Discussion

Vapour permeable wraps are recommended for any climate and main think it is allow walls to breath (i.e. remove water vapour) while at the same time, providing protection…

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum