Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Not all of house laid with the upgraded T2 frame

Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I have two questions:

1. I'm building a house with Plantation homes. We upgraded to the termite resistant T2 treated timber frames and trusses. Our frame is done, and not all of them are the Blue coloured T2 timber. Some are the regular brown coloured frames. Is this common practice?

2. After the house frame (including the roof frame) was laid, Brisbane was lashed with days of constant rain. Since there was no roof, the frame was exposed to a lot of rain. Is this a concern?

Thanks for the help.
Just bumping this up. Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know about common practice, but mixing treated with untreated timber happened with my neighbour too. And someone with expertise will hopefully be along soon to advise, but I gather a few days of rain isn't a problem for the frame.
Hi floyd, did you ask your site manager/admin about the frame? Was there a pattern to which ones weren't treated (e.g. all the horizontal ones or something) or was it seemingly random?

With the rain, like AvaG said, a few days of rain isn't a problem for the frame. It will dry out while the roof is done.
Thanks for the replies AvaG and Ilaeria. So after bringing it to notice of the site supervisor, this has now been escalated. He did confirm that not all are termite treated timber, and he mentioned that by his experience, a lot of the roof frame is very often not timber treated one since the termites come in ground up. However, my argument is that I have paid for an upgrade, and have seen another house being built nearby with all timber treated frames.

I have emailed this issue to Plantation, but haven't heard a reply as yet.
floyd1510
Thanks for the replies AvaG and Ilaeria. So after bringing it to notice of the site supervisor, this has now been escalated. He did confirm that not all are termite treated timber, and he mentioned that by his experience, a lot of the roof frame is very often not timber treated one since the termites come in ground up. However, my argument is that I have paid for an upgrade, and have seen another house being built nearby with all timber treated frames.

Get what you paid for... why would you settle for anything less?
Hi Floyd,

Also building with Plantation Homes and have also had our frame upgraded to T2 but noticed the same thing. Not all of the roof and some infill timber on the lower floors are T2/blue in colour.

Other homes in the estate that are going up appear to be using all T2 blue colour timber.

I am going to talk to the administrator tomorrow.

Have you had any response yet from them.

Good luck with your build.
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

30/10/2023
New Concrete Laid

Paving & Concreting

I had new concrete laid, extended the alfresco and had the sidewalks concreted too. I noticed the concreter didn't put the expansion foam anywhere, there are expansion…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum