Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Upstairs Living Reverse Living Truganina

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Thought I will start a new thread as there is not much information available on the upstairs living houses on the internet. The block of land I have is opposite to conservation area and is a corner block in Truganina. To me it makes sense to have a big balcony upstairs to make most of the views along with kitchen and family.
The house I am looking at has:
1. Master room upstairs.
2. Has kitchen, living and dining upstairs along with a wide 6x4 balcony overlooking the conservation area.
3. 3 bedrooms downstairs along with casual retreat area downstairs with a big backyard.

Some questions:
1. I haven’t seen any upstairs living houses in Truganina/Williams Landing. Wonder what consumer sentiments to expect when it comes to reselling.
2. We plan to have children in the near future. How safe are those houses with little ones running around.

If anyone who has ever lived in an upstairs living area can share their experiences that will be great.

Happy building
i would never live in an upside down house again, i lived in one when i had my first child and it makes things harder. i would put all bedrooms upstairs and a balcony off the master would be nice. here some things to think about:

1. every week you have to carry the weekly food shop up the stairs and a baby in a car seat
2. would you be ok having a toddler outside why you're upstairs
3. everytime the toddler wants to go play outside how do they get outside
4. indoor/outdoor living is easier on a ground floor
5. it can affect resale value
From an energy efficiency perspective upstairs living makes a lot of sense. In winter, as heat rises, upstairs living areas will be warmer & more comfortable than downstairs rooms. As we sleep comfortably at a lower temperature than we require in the daytime (& are under blankets), it's perfectly acceptable to locate bedrooms downstairs. In summer, upstairs rooms will capture breezes more effectively than downstairs rooms (why Queenslanders were elevated), while downstairs bedrooms will remain cooler at night (when there's usually less breeze).

Definitely there are also disadvantages.The haul of the groceries, & the worry about young children would be top of the list I would think.
Related
24/08/2023
Can I move my home Gym workout station upstairs?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I have a home gym at home. It weights 150KG including the weight stack. I'm a big boy, around 150KG myself. I was thinking about moving it up stairs to the second…

24/09/2023
Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Building A New House

I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done? Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum