Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone bought in Emerald Hills Leppington NSW?

Page 3 of 14

Took a quick picture when I went down to the sales office
Shotgun
The sales person told us they will run across the shopping centre and the school. We thought - the school? Really? We're pretty far from the lines anyway.

Wow. The school..... Is the power line that grey thing on the bottom left corner of the picture Evil R posted? Looking at the master plan, it doesn't say where the high voltage power line will be....that grey area should be a playground with seating and shelter
Figs01
Shotgun
The sales person told us they will run across the shopping centre and the school. We thought - the school? Really? We're pretty far from the lines anyway.

Wow. The school..... Is the power line that grey thing on the bottom left corner of the picture Evil R posted? Looking at the master plan, it doesn't say where the high voltage power line will be....that grey area should be a playground with seating and shelter

I can't view pics from my work pc so it's hard to say. From memory of the plans we were provided, runs diagonally through the proposed shopping centre and the proposed school.

The lines going through the shops and behind the school is the powerlines I didnt take a photo of the powerlines but the pic above shows a little of it, but they aren't too big I real life. I wouldn't worry too much about it
dustsnow
Also i am trying to find out what is the drive way concrete colour. i like the display room drive way colour (light blue grey), but i have been told that it is charcoal which is black.

Hi Christina. We went to look at Austral bricks and monier roof tiles yesterday and the difference between colours viewed inside vs outside were very different. The roof colour we chose were too light for our liking (even though in the samples room in Spring hill it looked pretty dark).

I would say charcoal is an grey-black colour. I would say number 12 would come closest to being charcoal. Even number 9 or, to a lesser extent, number 5 may be considered charcoal. As you can see it looks very different in the sunlight!

For example:
Samples as seen inside the sales office

Samples outside in the sunlight
There is a 132kv power line. Can be seen in following diagram

Thanks for the pics, wall-e, I didn't know there were going to be two overhead powerlines!

Did some research and found that the high power transmission steel tower is a 330kV power line (with the help of Google maps and Google search hehe). The 132kV is presumably the wood power poles.

There are three 330kV steel towers running through Emerald Hills. I've marked it with red arrows below. They're the tiny dots/dashes.

You can also see their position on the master plan (although I never knew what they meant before now). The power easements are shown by the dotted lines. It runs over the parks and the off leash dog park and the shared pedestrian and bike path. It makes sense now why there are no buildings in that diagonal space where the proposed shopping centre is. I've highlighted the position in red.

i have checked with my builder NLH. they told me that they haven't been told that the land registration will be delayed to Apr or May 16.
My friend just send me a link about power line safety distance.
https://www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf ... rlines.pdf
as long as 15-20 metre away, it is safe. So we are all safe.
Hi shotgun,

Did you get any update from builder regarding site diagram or contract details.
I am still waiting.
wall-e
Hi shotgun,

Did you get any update from builder regarding site diagram or contract details.
I am still waiting.

Likewise, I e-mailed him a week and a half ago and he said there were some council issues so the plans were delayed. He said the Emerald Hills plans have just started coming through though so they should be arriving in the next week or so. We didn't mind the delay, we are still making changes and wanting to get to Beaumont Tiles to have a look at their standard silver range for tiles and bricks.
Thanks for the reply.

We have done with our minor modifications. Every change cost me double $$$$
We have been to Beaumont Tiles in Campbelltown one two or three weeks before. They were reorganising their shop and labels. Properly, Now It is a good time check again.

I visited sales and information center and currently they are setting up. Sales person mentioned that it will be fully ready with proper access road in August.

wall-e
Thanks for the reply.

We have done with our minor modifications. Every change cost me double $$$$
We have been to Beaumont Tiles in Campbelltown one two or three weeks before. They were reorganising their shop and labels. Properly, Now It is a good time check again.

I visited sales and information center and currently they are setting up. Sales person mentioned that it will be fully ready with proper access road in August.

Likewise, raked ceilings cost us a fortune! Friends have mentioned that a trip to Beaumont at Prospect is a good idea because they have a massive display area that dwarfs C/town apparently.

Great news about the road, very keen to have a look.
2 weeks until i get my contract back. Anyone else already had theirs back?
I've noticed in the past two days that fencing has gone up and some machinery has appeared. Looks like it's about to get underway.
Anyone has signed the building contract and received land contract from developer? i have signed my building contract on 4th May and have been told that i need to sign my land contract before 1st June. But i still have not received my land contract. i contacted to my builder NLH. they called land office and have been told that it would be delayed. They said as long as it has been signed in this financial year, should be fine. but i am worrying i may received it after end of June. Anyone knows anything about land contract? Also i tried to call Emerald Hill land sales office and found that the phone number 02 80077700 is disconnected. Anyone has the correct office contact number?
I signed the building contract on Saturday and am sending off a bank cheque today to our conveyancer for the land contract. We will sign in the next week or so once they add some clauses that were left out. We received the land contract 2 days after our building contract.
dustsnow
Anyone has signed the building contract and received land contract from developer? i have signed my building contract on 4th May and have been told that i need to sign my land contract before 1st June. But i still have not received my land contract. i contacted to my builder NLH. they called land office and have been told that it would be delayed. They said as long as it has been signed in this financial year, should be fine. but i am worrying i may received it after end of June. Anyone knows anything about land contract? Also i tried to call Emerald Hill land sales office and found that the phone number 02 80077700 is disconnected. Anyone has the correct office contact number?

I have received land contract but still waiting for building contract.

Why is it need to be signed within financial year?

Developers contact details:

enquiries@macarthurdevelopments.com.au
http://www.macarthurdevelopments.com.au
Shotgun, congratulation you have signed all contracts! i am still waiting for my land contract. I dont know when they gonna send it to my solicitor. i think the delay may from my builder- New Living Homes. I saw the photos you have taken from Sale office. i tried to call the office buy the landline number 80077700 is disconnected. How did you find the office? Do they open from Mon - Fri 9-5? i really want to contact them.
dustsnow
Shotgun, congratulation you have signed all contracts! i am still waiting for my land contract. I dont know when they gonna send it to my solicitor. i think the delay may from my builder- New Living Homes. I saw the photos you have taken from Sale office. i tried to call the office buy the landline number 80077700 is disconnected. How did you find the office? Do they open from Mon - Fri 9-5? i really want to contact them.

Thanks! Not answering the phone makes me a little nervous considering we just put down the land deposit. They sent the contract directly to our builder who sent it directly to my conveyancer so I haven't had to contact them at all.
Got my building contract as well. Going to finalise by end of this week.
Related
11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

5/02/2024
Pool Builders, in and around The Hills Greater Sydney

Building A New House

Thanks again Simeon for being so elaborate. Appreciate it. Its gives us a very idea. Kind Regards

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum