Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building In Warner Lakes The Reserve

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

We're new to this site and this is our first time building. I thought I would start this thread for anyone who's building or looking to build in Warner Lakes The Reserve. We purchased our land back in May 2014 and have learned a lot since then, so more than happy to offer feedback or advice to others.

Cheers, Kate & Tim
Hi guys, we're building in Mango Hill so kinda nearby.

Warner is a lovely area. Do you have any photos or plans to add to your thread?

What stage of the process are you up to?
Mango Hill is a nice area. We went there to look at their display homes. I have a few photos of our land I was trying to post, but I'm not IT savvy enough to work out how to do it
We purchased our land in May, were planning to build last year, but the settlement of the land was held up and didn't settle until December. Unfortunately during that period the Plantation design we were going with was discontinued, so we are now back to square one trying to find a plan. We are keen on the Coral "Hampton" plan. Have you had a good experience with Coral so far?
It's amazing how long the whole process takes. We signed up for land in March 14, signed land contract in Sep 14, and are signing building contracts this week.

Coral have been accommodating with all requests and design changes, but they are so slow and prone to making mistakes. We had two estimates and three tenders prior to contract. Communication is patchy as well. I would guess that they have too much work at the moment to handle properly.

They build fast though, so we are looking forward to that.
We are building in Burpengary with coral
besides our head office lady going on holidays and the girls doing her job for her not knowing what was going on we haven't had too many dramas. In saying that our tenders did have mistakes in them but we went to contract anyway and changed it through variations. We had 8 variations all up but we weren't charged for any of them. Build starts end of March so it will be interesting to see how quickly it goes up.

Bought a 4747 block of beautiful land and are building our dream home
Here's a few photos of our land at Warner. It's the corner block above the retaining wall.

Hi guys,
Will be watching your build progress

Thought you might like the attached

It is you! When I saw you create this blog, I thought "I think I met them on Saturday
" Surely enough your photos confirmed it. I am lot 178
#neighbours
Hi h_cherry,
Yes it was us you met on Saturday
. We're lot 180, so two down from you. We were out that way this afternoon and noticed that your frames are up. Exciting time for you!!
Hi all,
We are super keen to build at Warner lakes the reserve and are going through the process of trying to attain land- would love to hear others stories/ what you have learnt along the way!!!
dani

DJCJDC
Hi all,
We are super keen to build at Warner lakes the reserve and are going through the process of trying to attain land- would love to hear others stories/ what you have learnt along the way!!!
dani

Hi Dani,
We signed for our land in April/May 2014 and it didn't settle until December 2014. Have you secured a block or are you still searching? If you're still searching, then my advise is to make yourself known to the Land Sales Centre at Warner. We missed out on the 2nd release and we couldn't work out why when it was only released that morning. We asked some questions and found out that you can put your name down for a block on the next release (before it is released to the public). The sales lady has since changed, so I'm not sure what their process is now. Let me know if you have any other questions. It's very confusing at the start and we have learned a lot along the way.
Kate
Hi Kate
Thanks for your reply! We did have contracts on a block however the bank valuation came in way lower than the purchase price so we had to let it go
did you have any problems with valuation of land?
Who did you build with/ what stage are you now at?
Also wondering about the process on the day of the release- the sales lady keeps telling us about people camping out the night before- did you have to do this/did people?
I feel like they are a big secretive about giving you information prior to release, it's such a scary concept to purchase off the plan!!

Thanks again
Dani

We are about to begin building soon in Warner Lakes reverse with Coral homes.

We put our first land deposit down in around January in Stage 4 and settled mid June. When we got our block, all the larger blocks around us sold in the first day. We had the smallest so no one was really after it. The process was smooth, the only issue we had was getting our finance for it that delayed it.
Jozh

We put our first land deposit down in around January in Stage 4 and settled mid June. When we got our block, all the larger blocks around us sold in the first day. We had the smallest so no one was really after it. The process was smooth, the only issue we had was getting our finance for it that delayed it.

Hi Jozh
Congratulations, sound exciting! Can you explain to me how it worked on the day of release? Did you just rock up that morning? Had people camped out? Appreciate the info!
Dani

Kate+Tim
DJCJDC
Hi all,
dani

Hi Dani,
We signed for our land in April/May 2014 and it didn't settle until December 2014. Have you secured a block or are you still searching? If you're still searching, then my advise is to make yourself known to the Land Sales Centre at Warner. We missed out on the 2nd release and we couldn't work out why when it was only released that morning. We asked some questions and found out that you can put your name down for a block on the next release (before it is released to the public). The sales lady has since changed, so I'm not sure what their process is now. Let me know if you have any other questions. It's very confusing at the start and we have learned a lot along the way.
Kate

Hi Kate
Thanks for your reply! We did have contracts on a block however the bank valuation came in way lower than the purchase price so we had to let it go
Also wondering about the process on the day of the release- the sales lady keeps telling us about people camping out the night before- did you have to do this/did people?
I feel like they are a big secretive about giving you information prior to release, it's such a scary concept to purchase off the plan!!

Thanks again
Dani

DJCJDC
Jozh

Hi Jozh
Congratulations, sound exciting! Can you explain to me how it worked on the day of release? Did you just rock up that morning? Had people camped out? Appreciate the info!
Dani

Hi Dani,

We called up the sales office in the morning as we currently live about 1.5hours away. We asked to put a deposit down over the phone for the block we were after, they said there was a lot of people in the sales office looking at the blocks and they had first preference(fair enough) and they would call me back once they are out and if the block was still free. They gave me a call back about a hour or so later, the block we were after was still available so we put a deposit down via bank transfer.
DJCJDC
Hi Kate

Thanks again
Dani

Hi Dani,

Have you seen this:
http://peethouseandland.com.au/admin/Us ... s_plan.pdf
+
http://www.warnerlakesthereserve.com.au ... d-for-sale

Kate
DJCJDC
Kate+Tim
DJCJDC
Hi all,
dani

Hi Dani,
Kate

Hi Kate

Thanks again
Dani

Hi Dani,

We got ours when the whole area was just dirt. I’d imagine there was a lot less interest back then, as the blocks have since gone up in price. When we got our block there were still selling the last stages in ‘The Crossing’.

We had no problems with our land valuation, but we did hear from project builders that some people with smaller blocks did have issues. The smaller the block, the more it is per square metre. My other half is a Mortgage Broker, so they may have helped us! I’m sorry to hear that your contracts fell through
. It’s a stressful experience and you must have been really disappointed with that outcome.

We didn’t have to camp out, but I did read in the Peet/DHA/Warner Newsletter that people did. We wouldn’t have our block today if the Sales lady didn’t let us put a hold on it prior to it being advertised and released to the public. As the sales lady has changed, I’m not sure if this is still their process.

In regards to the concept of purchasing off the plan and securing the block you want, I recommend doing your research. Work out your preferred aspect for your block and how your block is elevated compared to the neighbouring blocks. Also factor in the size of the surrounding blocks (if you’re neighbouring block is 321m2, then it’s less likely they will build a 2 storey. The last thing we wanted was to be sandwiched between two 2 storey houses). There’s nothing stopping you from walking on site and working out the approximate location of the block you are keen on. This definitely gave us a lot of reassurance being able to picture our block and it’s position and elevation. Also join the Warner Lakes The Reserve mailing list if you haven’t already. You will receive emails informing you of releases (sometimes up to 1-2 weeks prior) before they are advertised online and released to the public.

Good luck!

Thanks, Kate
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum