Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Halls Head Beach Build

Page 10 of 12
Communication back on track after some prodding (I even got a same day response once this week!) couple of delays but we are excruciatingly close. Would love to see a flurry of activity over the next few weeks to pull some time back. The tillers have done a beautiful job and we are at MAX capacity storing all of my homewares/furniture. Not. Long. Hopefully.

Love it. Looks awesome. Slowly getting there. And glad to hear you have had some communication. hallelujah!!!
We need a support group for victims of building! Maybe that's kinda what this forum is. Another week- another couple of things done. Slowed down again just when we thought we were getting there.... Ho hum... Getting same day responses but mostly of the "pipe down" variety. Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend- I know the subbies will!

Loving all your selections, can't wait to see how it turns out
Another day... Another CLO. Left them for a couple of weeks (my mental anguish needed a break too) to a crawling amount of progress- 1 person on site 1 day this week plus air con half finished makes for a very disappointing lead up to pci

List of things to do in 2 weeks

Plumbing fitoff finish (oh and if tradies you could not leave skid marks in my new toilet that would be much appreciated!!?
)
My lovely expensive fittings have disappeared off site too- so god knows where they are (the veeeerry average plumber had issues figuring them out- along with his 'tude problem 2 weeks ago
Electrical to even commence
Air con to finish
External ceiling finish and paint
Front door paint
Shelving and robes
Shower screens
Door hardware
Texture coat to finish
Plaster touch up
Balustrade
Garage door
Clean
Site scrape

It's never ending- and zero effs are given...

Two weeks pfft please ☹️☹️☹️

Good luck
your going to need it.
We are getting keys tomorrow morning still so much to do, painting, floor scrape, patching, electrician, the list goes on.
Don't expect much from the clean ours has been done once already it was so bad.
Hubby was waiting for the electrician this morning at arranged time ............. no one.
I'm going to have my say on Product Review .. no editing

On another note your selections look really nice

Chin up
Counting down weeks rather than months is something new- LOTs to do next week if we are going to get to pci by the end of the month.....

Doesn't get any lower than this... Proposed PCI date today but due to not organising balustrade (despite 5 emails from me requesting confirmation) we are homeless for another month.
Honestly CAN NOT WAIT to see the back of this arrogant, misleading shambles of a company. They have literally sucked any enjoyment of my new home out of this. Thinking about slapping a for sale sign on the thing

Oh no!! Why a month tho. Surely the balustrade wont take that long? Or is there more stuff ups. You poor love. Are they over contract days are they paying you compensation?!

Having just gone through our handover my advise to you is make sure everything is done check and double check as we are having a great deal of trouble getting them back to fix the PCI list of things.
I know there is a big shake up with people being let go and everyone has been told that that their jobs are on the line

That is what staff have told us.
Now we are painting we have noticed how crappy the plastering is, it seems to be built to 3rd world standards.
At least the building inspector said the house is structurally sound, one good thing

But I definitely would NOT recommend this builder.
I do you wish the best for the rest of your build
Thanks for your well wishes team and yes going to run over the build with a fine tooth comb seeing as I have all this tiiiiiime before pci
it's just that balancing act of booking trades, annual leave, movers etc when you think you're there and then for no reason at all you ain't ..... Need a wine and a lie down

So close- yet so incredibly far- PCI Monday yet there will be 10% finishes not done. Painter they have had in obviously wearing blindfold or did it in the dark and is using flat wall paint in a totally different colour on my externals.
My lovely white tiles I fear will have to be ripped up - due to my (charming) plumber taking no care and marking/damaging most..... I'm allowing myself full blown ugly crying for the next half hour and then chin up as I battle continuously on as I have done for 2 years.... Happy Friday everyone.

Someone needs alcohol....STAT
Like!

Lots of alcohol. Im sorry they have let u down again.
I was only telling a friend today that there needs to be an alcohol delivery service. The delivery driver would wear a cape! Equally beneficial / appropriate if delivering chocolate.
That IS a good idea letthisbeagoodidea. ?
Hi there I have noticed you have a heavy stone bench top! Can I ask is this Nought? We are having the Nought and have not come across anyone else that is using it. We are having a grey to the lower and white on top cupboards, although we are now thinking grey on grey. The pain of colour planing. Lol.... By the way your build is spectacular! Very nice views..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
Dee80
Hi there I have noticed you have a heavy stone bench top! Can I ask is this Nought? We are having the Nought and have not come across anyone else that is using it. We are having a grey to the lower and white on top cupboards, although we are now thinking grey on grey. The pain of colour planing. Lol.... By the way your build is spectacular! Very nice views..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796

Hi Dee - yep it's nougat and I LOVE it it's like grey shells in white sand. You could definitely get away with white or grey. We have polar white cabinet doors. Thanks for your lovely comments

Related
27/06/2023
Fixing a shower head height mistake

Bathrooms and Laundry

I'll look into different shower heads and ask the plumber about some engineering and see what he says. Thanks

23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum