Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 20! April 8th site start! Yay!!!

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys! So I'm not sure how to change the title of the previous topic that I've started but here hoes some more update!

Went to colour appointment today and picked out some colors for the house!

This was a nice welcoming screen before we started!

Tiles samples from Beaumont

This is the overall look of the front of the house and face bricks. We have use stone grey which is standard in the builders range, upgraded the timber garage to the reddish timber in the smaller panel, the darker timber is the front door, the stacker stone we are going for the lighter natural one and monument for the gutter and downpipe

This is our front door with the darkest stain and also our timber laminate which is walnut 2 plank

Our front door will look like this with the same handle like the displays that has the latch behind the bar

This is the kitchen colors, I am going for an all black kitchen except for the splash back which is a silver metallic colour

This is our main bathroom colours, marbling on the walls and sandstone colour with a bit of texture on the floor

These are my favorite by far, my ensuite colours, memory charcoal grey semi and full gloss for the walls, white marbling stone as well with a high gloss noose colour for the cabinet

This is the laminate benchtop for the study nook area, with the timber flooring

Getting this beautiful matte black slimline mixer

My carpet for the lounge/cinema room

Door handles for all internal doors

Internal doors

White exchange half for wall colours and white on white for the doors and architraves and cornices. I've also got coral to do the whole lounge room a dark grey colour.

The architraves are going to be half splayed

That's all for today! More picture to come this week with the electrical appointment!

Cheers guys!
Great choices Nick. Look forward to following your build and see it all come together
Hi nick, love your choices! Where did you go for your colour selections? Julie
Oh wow, I wish we got to go to that place for our colour selection. Much better huh Julie?

They look really great nick
Yeah, the colour selection for us was by far the biggest let down, it would have been awesome going somewhere like nick went. My hubby and I said we should have gone to Queensland. Oh well,live and learn, and at the end of the day we're pretty happy.
daydream_build
Great choices Nick. Look forward to following your build and see it all come together

Thank you! I hope it comes out the way I'm imagining it haha.

jul33m1
Hi nick, love your choices! Where did you go for your colour selections? Julie

Thanks Julie! I went to the robina head office and they had pretty much everything there. Although I have to say that the lady there was good at the start and towards the end she kind of rushed us a little bit and forgot to show and the kitchen sink and also the internal doors.

Mellywil
Oh wow, I wish we got to go to that place for our colour selection. Much better huh Julie?

They look really great nick

Thank you so much melly! I can't wait now..also electrical on Thursday! Excited about that too haha

So how did you both do your colour selections then? Was it somewhere smaller?
I'll also post it on here!

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af350/snakelove/image.jpg1.jpg

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af350/snakelove/image.jpg2.jpg

Let me know what you think guys!

Cheers!
Got a couple more updates and pictures!

This is my electrical plan. Having everything downlights in cool white and also changing a few switches and dimmers too.

This is a chandelier for the master bedroom

And lastly, this is the dining room light. I wanted to have something different and over the top!

We also got council approval from the certifier and now just waiting for the ACC letter to get sent to head office and back then I will have a job start date! Which is hopefully soon!
Love your selections!! How much over your electrical allowance did you go? Or did you get extra added into your tender? We have our final tender meeting on the weekend and am not sure how much to add on for the electrical. Also, have heard pros and cons for both cool and warm white leds, you think cool white is better?
Nice accent lights chosen Nick. They will certainly make a statement!
Adkd87 - we allowed $5k extra in our contract for lighting and electrical but we ended up spending over $9k total

adkd87
Love your selections!! How much over your electrical allowance did you go? Or did you get extra added into your tender? We have our final tender meeting on the weekend and am not sure how much to add on for the electrical. Also, have heard pros and cons for both cool and warm white leds, you think cool white is better?

Thank you! I went over by 6.3k, I added 6k in the tender and it all got approved by the bank and everything. I reckon if you don't mess around too much then it should be okay. We added and changed a whole lot of stuff, changed all the down lights, changed some switches, made some two way switches as well. The wife wanted a bright room, so put two down lights in all the rooms. Good luck on your final tender! I've had so much fun thus far and I hope it only gets better.

s_mack
Nice accent lights chosen Nick. They will certainly make a statement!
Adkd87 - we allowed $5k extra in our contract for lighting and electrical but we ended up spending over $9k total

Thank you very much! (I hope you're talking about the dining lights) I didn't want to have too many things going on so tried to go over the top as safely as I could! Haha.
Wow s _ mack! It can all add up really quickly I imagine!! Thanks nick20noosa, hopefully we dont go too much over. Just want to add downlights in the main areas and ceiling fans. That will be the big cost. Thanks, you're right the fun starts now..hopefully your build will begin in no time!
I love your dining room light, it's amazing and really different, it definitely will be a feature in your dining room
I would have liked a smaller version of your chandelier for my WIR, it's really luxurious looking
adkd87
Wow s _ mack! It can all add up really quickly I imagine!! Thanks nick20noosa, hopefully we dont go too much over. Just want to add downlights in the main areas and ceiling fans. That will be the big cost. Thanks, you're right the fun starts now..hopefully your build will begin in no time!

I should be able to get a start date sometimes this week because my acc letter is just at the head office and waiting for it to be given to coral! I really can't wait!

jul33m1
I love your dining room light, it's amazing and really different, it definitely will be a feature in your dining room

jul33m1
I would have liked a smaller version of your chandelier for my WIR, it's really luxurious looking

Finally someone that loves my dining table light! I tried really hard to convince my wife that it'd go really well with the kitchen pendants but she wouldn't budge for awhile. Then I said, I will let you pick the master bedroom light and I'll pick the dining, so she picked that chandelier and I got what I wanted. Haha, compromise!
Love your black Meir tap

I need finished pics Nick
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum