Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Village Square Stage 14 & 15 Edmondson Park

Page 25 of 27
darvindavis
Oliver1989G
Congrats Darvindavis we had the slab poured Monday Morning looks great how long do you think they let it sit for until frame stage?

Hi oliver1989g,

I have no idea what the builder going to do next. We have been waiting nearly 1.5 months for the slab pouring. Every time when i ask, they say rain - wet floor - need to dry. And yesterday finally poured.

Next what when..... I dont know.

Get used to it :/ the sooner you accept it the better you'll feel hahaha. Speaking from experience 😉
Nug
darvindavis
Hi Nug,

Does the builders allow private inspectors like houspect , to inspect their work ?

After the inspection if they reported anything wrong, what will do then ? They inspects after the work no ?

Our slab has bern poured today.

Yes your builder shouldn't have a problem with private inspectors if they stand by their work. You have the right to engage one. You should let your builder know if you use one so they can arrange access for them.

They inspect after each stage and provide a report. You give that to the builder. If the builder refuses to fix any problems you will need to take it to tribunal.

Thank you so much for detailed reply.

I hv contacted houspect.... Let me see what they say....
aaac
darvindavis
Oliver1989G
Congrats Darvindavis we had the slab poured Monday Morning looks great how long do you think they let it sit for until frame stage?

Hi oliver1989g,

I have no idea what the builder going to do next. We have been waiting nearly 1.5 months for the slab pouring. Every time when i ask, they say rain - wet floor - need to dry. And yesterday finally poured.

Next what when..... I dont know.

Get used to it :/ the sooner you accept it the better you'll feel hahaha. Speaking from experience 😉

:)
Stage 1 complete bring on Stage 2 Frame & Windows!!!

Oliver1989G

Yay! Great news! Have they started with it yet?
aaac
Oliver1989G

Yay! Great news! Have they started with it yet?

Not yet waiting for payment to be made & bank inspection + rain isnt helping lol

Nice
no it isn't ey. Hopefully soon.
Hi Guys, a quick one.

My builder has said that Liverpool council MAY require Hydraulics Report which would be at my own expense. Did any one of you need to do it?.

Is it mandatory of everyone?.

Nug
My builder just informed me that my approval can go through CDC and we should receive the building permit within 3 weeks

Well 3 weeks turned into over 3 months. We finally got our slab this month, but surprisingly I found out today that most of my frames are up, only about a week after the slab was completed. I haven't even paid for the slab yet.

Regarding the private building inspector, they found a few cracks in the slab that had been treated (I'm not sure by whom), and they only need to be monitored. It was a pretty comprehensive report with a long checklist. In summary the slab was acceptable.
Nug
Nug
My builder just informed me that my approval can go through CDC and we should receive the building permit within 3 weeks

Well 3 weeks turned into over 3 months. We finally got our slab this month, but surprisingly I found out today that most of my frames are up, only about a week after the slab was completed. I haven't even paid for the slab yet.

Regarding the private building inspector, they found a few cracks in the slab that had been treated (I'm not sure by whom), and they only need to be monitored. It was a pretty comprehensive report with a long checklist. In summary the slab was acceptable.

Work proceeds for a further 3 weeks after every stage is complete generally allowing you time for payment without them stopping.. Thats a great sign having the frames up so quick

darvindavis
I am with Bellmarch

Hi darvindavis
Would you mind give me some feedback about Bellmarch. Their prices are competitive, but i am not sure if there is any hidden prices?
What about their quality?
jahalim
darvindavis
I am with Bellmarch

Hi darvindavis
Would you mind give me some feedback about Bellmarch. Their prices are competitive, but i am not sure if there is any hidden prices?

They are good but slow in construction. No hidden charges, but puts big margin for everything, every changes..thats can b considere as hidden charges. Eg. Removed approx 4 loads of wastage from land, but they invoiced 10 loads. Simple as that.

Check tile size. Standard size they will mention. But its small size actually.

What else ......
Hi everyone,

Abit weird but is it normal to ask ur builder for an update on when your next stage will commence?

Or is it better to not hassel them and just wait it out lol

darvindavis
jahalim
darvindavis
I am with Bellmarch

Hi darvindavis

They are good but slow in construction. No hidden charges, but puts big margin for everything, every changes..thats can b considere as hidden charges. Eg. Removed approx 4 loads of wastage from land, but they invoiced 10 loads. Simple as that.

Check tile size. Standard size they will mention. But its small size actually.

What else ......

What stage is your house up to Darvin? Did you end up going with Houspect?
Oliver1989G
Hi everyone,

Abit weird but is it normal to ask ur builder for an update on when your next stage will commence?

Couldn't hurt to send an email. What's your next stage?
Nug
Oliver1989G
Hi everyone,

Couldn't hurt to send an email. What's your next stage?

Thats what i was thinking of doing

Stage 3 bricks roof and gutters

What stage is your house up to Darvin? Did you end up going with Houspect?[/quote]

Completed truss and frame. Waiting to start bricks to put on.

I opted not to go with private insectors another head ache plus tension. Sometimes gives worry for lifetime
Hello guys,

Is there any difference in green/blue colour frame and normal /ordinary wood coloured frames ?
darvindavis
Hello guys,

Is there any difference in green/blue colour frame and normal /ordinary wood coloured frames ?

Blue is Hyne T2 frame (Termite Resistant)

Brown normal treated pine.

west_rocks
darvindavis
Hello guys,

Blue is Hyne T2 frame (Termite Resistant)

Brown normal treated pine.

Thank you for clearing me.

Mine now frame completed. Brick work start this week
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

11/05/2023
Building certificate for each stage

General Discussion

Not unless you have managed to put it as a special condition into the contract somehow.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum