Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home Group WA - WE ARE IN!

Page 1 of 72
Hi Guys,
We have had land waiting to be titled since June 2013 and we have signed up with home group wa.
We have got our tile and laminate meeting in 2 weeks and then to prestart after this, does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions
We are building a modified version of the Mediterranean

BUILDING TIMELINE

27/3/15 - land titles issued
17/04/15 - settlement on land
01/05/15 - Prestart completed
05/06/15 - Final Documents finished and sent out
08/06/15 - Entered the scheduling department
15/06/15 - Final Docs signed off and variations put through
15/06/15 - building permit application sent to council
26/06/15 - building permit approved
17/06/15 - scheduling completed earth works estimated for the 24th July
24/07/15 - earthworks started! Woohoo!
27/07/15 - pipe work completed
28/07/15 - mesh and footings and reinforcing completed
29/07/15 - slab pour booked (no slab completed yet)
30/07/15 - slab down! Yippiee!
31/07/15 - soak wells delivered and invoice for slab received
05/08/15 - soak wells put in and site clean booked for 10/07
10/08/15 - site clean completed and yellow sand delivered for bricks
12/08/15 - bricks delivered, awaiting brick layer confirmation
17/08/15 - bricklayer started
20/08/15 - site meeting
24/09/15 - bricks finished plate height reached
25/09/15 - brickwork building inspector to site
26/09/15 - roof timbers delivered
02/10/15 - roof timbers finished and eaves completed
07/10/15 - pre plumbing and pre electrical completed
08/10/15 - colourbond delivered
09/10/15 - colourbond finished
15/10/15 - grey float completed
20/10/15 - ceilings finished
21/10/15 - cornices finished
02/10/15 - white set finished
03/10/15 - windows and sliding doors installed
04/11/15 - lock up complete
05/11/15 - ceilings and doors painted and wardrobes installed
11/11/15 - bath installed
12/11/15 - Cabinets installed, bench tops installed and first coat of render completed
17/11/15 - Grano down
19/11/15 - Tile meeting
21/11/15 - Tiling started
23/11/15 - Tiling of bathrooms finished
24/11/15 - Driveway prep and pavers delivered
25/11/15 - Toilets Delivered
30/11/15 - Render Completed
01/12/15 - Driveway Completed
09/12/15 - Aircon installed
16/12/15 - Final plumbing and electrical completed
17/12/15 - Garage door on and final painting completed
18/12/15 - House site clean completed
04/01/16 - Carpet Installed
05/01/16 - Flyscreens installed
13/01/16 - PCI Booked for 22nd Jan!
22/01/16 - PCI Completed with building inspector and SS
10/02/16 - KEYS!
15/02/16 - Tiling started
24/02/16 - Tiling Finished
24/02/16 - Bulkhead started
26/02/16 - Bulkhead Finished
29/02/16 - Electrician
02/03/16 - Painter
18/03/16 - Moved in!
30/03/16 - concrete
09/04/16 - planter boxes completed
Hi Natalie92 we are also building with HomGroup WA. We have just had our tile & laminate meeting and are now waiting (trying to be patient lol) for prestart.

Everyone on here are so helpful with tips ideas etc.

I spent days reading heaps of posts and taken down notes but be warned it will cost you more money haha
Thank you Sharry
I have done the same been reading tones of posts! They have been great so far, unfortunately we are still waiting on our titles but we are able to get this all on track at least so we are ready to go as soon as land is! We have already done some design changes costing a lot and have looked through the Prestart office twice already and we are happy with most the standard things which is good

Also doing few things ourselves to save money like tiling as they didn't have what I wanted and glass splash back, exposed aggregate and some others, will keep an eye on your build!
Good luck with your build.
Thank you Bel & Joe
I'm sure I'm going to need as much luck as I can get haha
Natalie92
Thank you Bel & Joe
I'm sure I'm going to need as much luck as I can get haha

Luck and the following:
1. Only deal in email
2. Keep track of everything, ask for clarification and never take no for an answer
3. Know that when they say six months admin, six months build, they really mean eight months admin and up to 10 months build.
4. A deep love of alcohol

I really wish you the best of luck and broad shoulders to go with you build. We were once positive, now just completely feel a statistic to this company and certainly not an advocate.
Thank you Marcia
My family member is the sales rep for the estate we are building in so I have her advice on that one, everything is done in email so I have a record, gone through all your threads and have taken lots of notes. Words travel fast and as a young home buyer if done incorrectly we will not recommend to friends that's for sure, so far they have been ok a few mistakes with plans but sorted so far, I'm sure I'll have a rant on here sometime though!
Good luck Natalie although a long process I have found it mostly fun...long but fun and I cannot fault the team down here in Bunbury. Hope when things start they go quick for you.

This is the house we are building, we have added a recess ceiling in entry and extended kitchen bench to be very wide like the below but we will be doing white not those colours

Hey guys doing my tile and laminate next Friday anyone done theirs yet and have any suggestions?

We did ours a few weeks ago but mine was very easy as it was white white with a hint of white oh and a bit of grey thrown in for good measure
My advise is just to take your time and take photos so you can look at them at home, i forgot
Can you choose from different tile shops like imported ceramics or Crosby etc?

I love these

following your build

If you want to choose crosby or european ceramics you have to let homegroupwa know before your tile appointment.
Ok thank you do they take you there or do you then go another time? I might go this weekend and check what I like better, can you choose anything for $45sqm?
No if you decide to go with European or Crosby (only 2 options) then you don't go to a tile selection at home group. Best bet if you have already had a look at the ones at homegroup head along to one of those tile shops and if you like them better (I did!) then you cancel your other appt.
when you go to the tile places just ask one of the sales people to walk you through it, they are very good with knowing what is included/what will be upgrades etc. If you are wanting to keep to a budget stay away from anything porcelain, rectified or larger/odd shaped tiles
hope that helps!
Kat
Ok I wish they told you all of this prior! They haven't even mentioned Crosby or European ceramics! I'll go look this weekend and get them written down if I like one thank you guys
Hi Natalie, i actually think they never tell you there are other options unless you ask. They supply there own tiles which is in my mind are poor colours and quailty but it gives my GP$$$ as they import them. I cant even recall seeing there own tiles in any of there display homes.

You can choose above 45sqm allowance, HGWA will pass on the cost. I found crosby fantastic to deal with but they are always really busy
Ok thank you I will head up Friday or Saturday as soon as they open and check it out thanks heaps for all the information helps a lot!
I love your plan! Your master layout is great with the 2 big WIRs, makes me sad mine is so small
next house!
Related
15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum