Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDRB Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney) - We are in!

Page 120 of 130
Yay, looks great! How nice to have concrete to drive on

Looks awesome mona coming together nicely

viewtopic.php?t=79203
Awesome every little step to having it all complete, ps why not just hire a biker to sit out side and watch it for a case of beer

Driveway. Looking forward to walking on it from Monday onwards!

monalisa

That looks so good!! Nice and new

viewtopic.php?t=82377
Our Glendale 45 build
Yay looks lovely. Is it just plain or u gonna do pattern?

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Just plain colour through

monalisa

Very nice looking driveway there Mona
Love it! You don't realise how precious concrete is til you are living with mud lol

kylz4
Love it! You don't realise how precious concrete is til you are living with mud lol

I don't know Kylz, my pet piggy would disagree.....

@Orph

Lol. Love the piggy.

Driveway looking great, mona.

KKPP
Lol. Love the piggy.

Driveway looking great, mona.

Thanks kp

Thanks kylz and emmz

Good to have the drive way so we don't need boots like orph's pet piggy lol

monalisa
Thanks kylz and emmz

Good to have the drive way so we don't need boots like orph's pet piggy lol

Hehe, his name is porky

@Orph

Looks great Mona how long do you need to let it cure? We were told at least not to drive 6-8weeks on it after its poured

viewtopic.php?t=78985

6-8 weeks Franky!!!!???? When we did our driveway we were told 5 days!

Franky40
Looks great Mona how long do you need to let it cure? We were told at least not to drive 6-8weeks on it after its poured

viewtopic.php?t=78985

That's ages franky.
We haven't been given a time but the landscaper is giving it some more time due to cooler weather before they lay the grass etc.

Though as kylz said.... we were previously told 4 to 5 days.

Are you sure he didn't mean 6-8 "days"?.
Concrete reaches approx 2/3 of it's strength at 7 days and 90% strength at 28 days (roughly speaking - there are lots of variables which can shorten or extend this timeframe).

Keep in mind that you don't need the concrete to be at full strength in order to drive on it - full strength concrete will take much, much higher loads than a normal passenger car.

Just to be safe, we kept cars off our driveway until 14 days and then didn't put trucks on it until 21 days. 60+ days later and there is no sign of cracking or settlement anywhere.
I'm with Clint. Except that I drive on them with a car @5-7 days and I think that's fine. It's just the big heavy trucks you don't want on it for about a month.

Sent from an iPhone please excuse the ridiculous spell correcting software. My forum thread is at viewtopic.php?t=74944
Beautiful home congrats
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83489
Related
2/04/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

Your best bet might be to go visit the display homes and walk around in them, and take photos. Get a feel for it in person instead of deciding from the floor plan. There…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum