Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who to pick - Pros and Cons - Henley Boutique or UrbanEdge

Page 1 of 1
Hi
We spent a good 6 months in finalizing our builder. Looked at almost all major builders and then zeroed on Carlisle and Boutique. And decided to go with Boutique,building barcelona.
Luckily i decided to check henley and never went back to anyone else. This in no way means that other builders are not good but in my opinion henley offer best value for money with maximum number of inclusions built into base price.
We were surprised when we had a walkthru of display because almost everything displayed was standard. And this was a surprise because we were so used to hearing that almost everything in display homes was an upgrade.
MY build starts in 10 days so cannot tell how it will be from now on but till date my experience with henley has been excellent. All the cost have been given upfront so no surprises.
I am not sure about double storey homes because all my research has been into single storey homes but if you get full quotes from all builders im sure you will see the difference in final costings.
Goodluck with your build
cheers
Hi all,

We've spent months looking for the right builder ourselves after hearing so many bad things about Henley, metricon & other builders.. After going through a huge list we shortlisted 3 builders - Carlisle, Boutique & Henley.

My experiences were as below:

1) Carlisle: good overall but there are many restrictions they have on their T Range homes which limit you to upgrade certain things. On top of that they are booked out for the next 6 months so did not make the final 2 for us. But they do have a very good promotion at the moment may be just to attract customers

2) Boutique: looks attractive but we had a very bad start with a very arrogant sales consultant at Williams Landing. After hearing some positive reviews we went back and have wasted almost more than a month going through their floor plans and weighing their standard & upgrade inclusions. Although a few things like kitchen appliances are good but other options are fairly limited when you compare to Henley & Carlisle. Also their professionalism is no where even in comparison to Henley & Carlisle..the consultant we had just wasted all the energy trying to tell us how good they are compared to Henley..but after having met a few actual customers and getting rid of their arrogant behaviour towards their customers we decided not to proceed with them.

3) Henley: started off on a very poor node having gone through productreview. But then we met many many actual people who built with them who had a pretty decent feedback to share. The houses not to mention looked amazing and we were pretty happy with the quality. Then we did our maths and found that if Henley's doing 2000 homes a year in Victoria having 5 negative reviews on product review in entire 2014 wasn't so bad considering no one is perfect. Then we went to their Cosham session and were surprised by the standards & professionalism. At the end we are really happy to have chosen Henley. They have proved to be the best value for money for us thus far..

By the way we're building in Allura, Truganina. Hope to stay in touch !!

Happy home building everyone

I can only comment on our experience with Boutique.

Things were going along well with them until it came time to sit down and do our selections. When I pointed out a discrepancy on the drawings they had given us, it was then discovered that someone in Boutique had made a change on our preliminary contract and forged our signatures (poorly too I might add).

Long story short, we cancelled our contract with them pretty quickly; simply couldn't trust them after that.

I've heard good things about both Carlisle and Henley (know people who've built/building with them). Don't know much about Urban Edge though sorry.

Good luck with your build!
Hi, I was in your position 8 months ago.

1. Urban edge: this is the very first builder we put down deposit too. We love the display home and the higher standard inclusion. However I soon find out that the standard inclusion range is very limited and thus you have to upgrade a lot of things. For instance, to my memory they only have 1 door handle in their standard range and only 2 standard tap. I know they are minor but they can quickly add up. The square edge included is not using laser level, but it is available as an upgrade. Technically UE can do some fancy stuff like floor to ceiling door, huge picture window etc and is more flexible with changing things. We decided to pull out since the house was too big and ended up way too expensive.

2. Boutique: I did have a look quickly but none of their floor plan suits us. So can't comment on this.

3. Henley: gosh, I love Henley. They have really good standard inclusion and their display homes are really beautiful! We put down deposit with Henley. We found that the standard range of henley is quite good. Lots of more choices and reasonable price. They gave you the price list upfront so no surprises. However, we found that Henley is quite restricted with what they can do. They didn't do square edge with laser levelling (not even available as an upgrade), can't do wall mounted vanity, or walk in shower, etc. The sales consultant taht we were dealing with was so rude too. Kept giving us the wrong details and refused to apologise. Anyway we decided to pull out because they couldnt do some of the tasks we asked. But Henley is definitely worth to consider. We will go back to henley if things don't work well with our builder..
Hope it helps.
My personal opinion.... Boutique all the way hands down... i have checked put every other builder. My husband and i have had the moat amazing experience with them i give tgem 10/10 for service... quality and the look of their homes are jist more high end and stylish..
We are up to bricking stage and our experience has been ABSOLUTELY amazing with Boutique.
From the moment we first engage them right through to now.
Sure we have had some discrepancies, as you do with all builders, but they have been very quick to resolve and address any concerns that we encountered which is a true indication of quality service.
I cannot recommend them enough based on our build and friends who have built with Boutique.

I have been to inspect many display homes around Victoria and Boutique in my opinion have the best quality finishes as compared to others.

If you'd like to sample just one piece of their quality then just compare the included aluminium sliding stacker doors to other builders. You will find that Boutique sliding stacker doors, whether it be a double or triple, are far superior and sturdy (the frame is solid and thick) as compared to the thin and flimsy stacker doors used by other builders.

Also take note of what is included. For instance whether toilet roll holders and towel rails are included.

I compared Boutique to Carlisle, Urban Edge and Henley. For me Boutique won with flying colours based on customer service and quality of build.
Sry Guys..

Just personal opinion but we got a **** service from Boutique..and so have most of the people I've spoken to...

The attitude of their staff is far more than the quality they provide..and let's be very fair with other builders as you get what you pay for...

I'm so happy we did not end up with Boutique...

Nearly at handover with Boutique. So happy and the house looks amazing. Had some friends build with Henley..be careful of the inclusions make sure u read in detail what they provide.
sukhsingh
Hi All,

I have secured a piece of land in Forsyth Park in Truganina which is due to be titled in July 2015.
The land measures 388 Sq meters and is a corner block.
I am looking to build a 4 bedroom double story house. After 2 months of reading forums and talking with builders I have narrowed the list to 3 builders:
1. Urban Edge Homes – Subi – 39 Squares or Annandell - 37 Squares.
2. Boutique Homes – Airlie - 30 Squares
3. Henley – Sahara Q3 - 35 Squares

Although I believe UrbanEdge homes stands out in terms of design and inclusions however I haven’t read good comments about them on these fourms.
Boutique homes has a good reputation however their house is 30 squares, although Urban Edge and Boutique offers almost same inclusions.
Henley’s floor plan is good, however it may need lots of upgrades to get upto Urban Edge and Boutique inclusions.
All the homes have been quoted in around $300 to $330K.

Can you please share your experience, if you are currently undergoing the process of building or have already build a house with any of these builders.

SS

Hi Sukhsingh,

Good choice on building at Forsyth park. If you are on facebook you can join the residents page for forsyth park. Follow the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/417392205078999/

Cheers.

Ben
Related
19/05/2023
Cladding Options -- Pros, Cons

General Discussion

Standard uninsulated double brick has an R value of around 0.7. An insulated standard 90mm stud timber frame can have an R value of around 2.7. Even if you insulate a…

29/01/2024
Conveyancer didn't pick up an overland flow path

Buying Land

You may still have a case, but your next step is to speak to a lawyer.

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum